Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
$1,000+ for food, gas, cash. Cash for motels maybe and supplies.

At this point, would the FBI or any other LE tell BL's parents in advance that an arrest warrant was coming so they could prepare with an attorney?

Seems doubtful to me, but just wondering about the timing of their visit to an attorney today.

Thanks for asking this, I was literally about to ask the same question on if the parents would've had any advance warning before the arrest warrant was issued publicly.

Let me preface this question by saying I’m 98% convinced the unauthorized usage charge pertains to Brian using Gabby’s credit/bank cards on his route home - but - could they have gotten this indictment just as easily if he used his parents credit cards? I’m just curious seeing as her name wasn't on any of the documents pertaining to the charge. Obviously the feds don’t have anything more to charge him with at the moment so it makes sense for them to try to get him in for questioning/holding anyway they can get him. I guess I just assumed LE would’ve combed through her credit card statements from the start. Because LE totally could’ve used that as a reason to hold him much earlier. But if it was his parents cards it could make sense to me if only because the feds searched his house so recently and could’ve come across a bank statement with charges for those dates.

/JMO

But it has to be unauthorized use. If you gave someone a debit card you can't claim unauthorized. It's easy to prove use of Gabby's was unauthorized as she was deceased when he used it.

Re: theory that GP's dad ordered her Uber Eats because BL had taken her cards instead of the stated reason that the power was out...I wondered that too, as well. Power outages might affect the Wi-Fi, but rarely do they affect 4G/5G/LTE. Look at all the SM posts that flood the interwebs when there is a disaster with power lines down/etc. So just because the power was out, it would have to be a doozy for GP not to be able to order herself some pizza.

When someone on another thread for this case mentioned a JB in Florida, that was my thought. The Anthonys, like in this case enabled their murderous child as well.

They were filmed parked less than a mile away from the Orlando office address of Jose Baez this morning. This case reminded me of the Anthony's as well.

Edited for clarification

I know innocent until proven guilty and all that but what a terrible human being he’s starting to look. GP deserved so so so so much better. Not sure what I believe about the afterlife but I truly hope she’s in a really beautiful place now.
[MOO etc.]

What is the difference between homicide and murder? As a non American I don't think we have this difference

My understanding is that "Homicide" is all death caused by another person. A person executed by the state of TX for example is dead of a "homicide". But Murder is unauthorized and illegal homicide, gross as that sounds.

The indictment says, "from on or about August 30, 2021 through and including September 1, 2021, in the district of Wyoming and elsewhere..."

I believe that is significant. It is "and" not "or" elsewhere. I think that means that he was still in Wyoming on at least August 30th.

What happened between 3:00 pm and now today. Just got back from dentist, news channels have nothing.

sure looks like it.

aside: some guy at a local NYC newspaper once went out and about using his wife’s debit card at several point of sale transactions at Walgreens, and discovered - drumroll - that none of the clerks cared what or how he signed vs who’s name was on the card. He said, ‘I signed wife’s name, I signed my name, I signed Mickey Mouse… nothing stopped my purchases.’ Similarly, once I left a friend alone with my card at a restaurant after-meal, as I went to the restroom before jumping in the car… I got back, and he was sitting outside. He had signed his name under my card - in fact he showed me the customer copy, it was so - and no, he was not an authorized user on my account.

For debit you don't even have to sign. Even if I use the credit option on my debit card, I don't have to sign (at least most of the time, IIRC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState