Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think the bethune’s timing was very soon after BL may have returned to the van after his altercation with GP? His flip flops are half hazardly outside the van. Then “he” shuts the door van when he hears then driving down the gravel road. Do you think Gabby put up her last IG post meaning the trip is over for her? If she did in fact post it.

Thoughts about if she would have gone to that community college instead of moving in with BL’s parents. Education empowers people. So sad.

JB had a good point - they likely couldn't have got that warrant if he was using Gabby's cards until they knew she was dead. As a result of the autopsy, they know she was dead before the 31, so he clearly couldn't have permission to use her cards.

Your right. Over the past few months I have been doing a lot of fantasy van trip planning using an older Promaster in my gas calculation. They get about 12-14 mpg. That transit probably gets twice that. My bad. I need to get some sleep tonight. Maybe they can close these threads earlier ;)
I can verify my full size Transit gets nowhere near that! :)

Agreed. Here in TX you can buy long guns without a background check, but all handgun purchases require a background check, even at gun shows.

My bad. I was under the assumption we were referring to handguns.

Curious as to why this is a "scum bag response". He is an attorney, acting in a professional capacity.

There's professional and then there's stone cold. For him to refer to "her demise" in reference to Gabby, it just seems callous and a very matter of fact statement about someone who lived with his clients and was due to marry into the family!

There's zero compassion whatsoever.

The indictment says, "from on or about August 30, 2021 through and including September 1, 2021, in the district of Wyoming and elsewhere..."

I believe that is significant. It is "and" not "or" elsewhere. I think that means that he was still in Wyoming on at least August 30th.
Yes. It also means he likely didn't drain the account all at once. I think he used it at the gas pumps to avoid interacting with the clerks. But we have to remember, nobody knew what had happened yet at this point.

Here are Google Maps route times, mileage for trip from 1) Jackson Hole, WY to Benton, IL and 2) Benton, IL to Pooler, GA

There is no reason I can even think of why he would drive to Pooler and it's already been determined it was not him. Unfortunately for all young men who look like him, BL has a pretty common look (bald, beard, mustache, tshirts) for 20-something guys.

Okay y’all, I’m having a problem with the 8/28 GA photo and the official timeline. I know they can’t exist together, but unless that photo of him in GA is photoshopped, it seems to show a man resembling Brian with his wrist tattoo, similar flip flops and possibly Gabby’s Apple Watch that’s shown in the picture I’ve attached.

The official timeline has also been mostly corroborated and I am of the belief that most (if not all) of the timeline is correct.

So I’m having an issue with this. Is anyone else?

ETA: Unless he had help driving.

Attachments

• 3614A18E-7555-4C17-9BA6-C062F73FE82C.jpeg
    3614A18E-7555-4C17-9BA6-C062F73FE82C.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 93
Thank god we don't find people guilty based on circumstantial evidence in this country.
SBM wall-o-text to say: Yes, we do. Every day. Circumstantial evidence is real, guilt-determining, proof-providing evidence. Fingerprints, DNA, most forensic evidence is circumstantial. The problem IMO is TV -- decades of lawyer and cop shows leading people to erroneously believe that circumstantial evidence isn't probative, isn't useful, isn't enough to convict in a criminal trial.

It is.

Circumstantial evidence - Wikipedia

My understanding is that "Homicide" is all death caused by another person. A person executed by the state of TX for example is dead of a "homicide". But Murder is unauthorized and illegal homicide, gross as that sounds.
Does that mean that Homicide is a broader, umbrella term that encompasses Manslaughter too?

I am seeing a lot of comments on the news stream etc where people think Brian is stupid.

You don't evade the fbi and all of these people if you are stupid. I am pretty sure the credit card is going to be an attempt of an alibi somehow.
I don't know about the alibi aspect, but I agree that if he's evaded LE to this point he is either smart, lucky, or dead. IMO

Someone upstream posted that it’s been confirmed by PD that it’s NOT him. “In the facebook post, the police have replied as follows:
Pooler Police Department:
While we understand (and see) the resemblance, we do not believe that this is Brian Laundrie. The card in question was taken prior to August 28 from a home in Pooler and does not belong to Gabby.”
Thank you for reposting this...maybe we need to on each page so the discussion can end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member