Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Homicide is a clasdification
For coroners, labeling something as a "homicide" doesn't automatically imply intent - that's for a court to decide.

From the Medical Examiner's and Coroners' Handbook:

"Intent to cause death is a common element but is not required for classification as homicide.’’

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/misc/hb_me.pdf

Homicide is a broad classification of cause of death. Cf. Suicide, accidental, unknown, etc.

Manner of death is a medical evaluation.

Charges are legal decisions based on the above.

He may have ordered something online from another state. jmo
He had to go through quite a few states , driving from Wyoming to Florida. Had to gas up regularly. That van probably is a gas hog

Oh gosh just hearing JB and Walt talk about this live - Accessory After the Fact in Florida
Third Degree Felony Related Person Exemption
A person cannot be charged as an Accessory After the Fact if they are related to a person who committed a third degree felony and the person is their spouse, parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother, or sister by blood or marriage.

So the parents traveled to Orlando to meet Bertolino? Wow.....

It's not that far, and I bet they were glad to get away for awhile. But they should be meeting with investigators. They are just making things worse for themselves by not fully cooperating with the FBI and LE. They will pay for this lack of cooperation, IMO

Wondering how much money BL has access to. Surely not enough to fund him for very long? If he manages to fly under the radar the $ has to run out right?

Is there some state in the US where flip flops are rare? You will find millions of them everywhere in the summer all over the country, IMO. As common as t-shirts. I won't mention this again, but flip flops are the most common footwear for men I've ever seen outside of sneakers. So not a good identifier.

That guy cannot be him IMHO because it was August 28th and he was most likely not in eastern Georgia on that day.

Think about it. Even today, the FBI was still soliciting tips for people who may have seen Gabby Petito near Spread Creek camping ground from August 27-August 30. They seem very confident it's those days if they're sticking with it still.

It's possible, but I've worked on many legal transactions, including ones involving up to a billion dollars, and we were able to do everything electronically. The only thing that I know of that is really, really, really hard to do without going to see someone in person is get something notarized.
During the pandemic, I purchased a home on the other side of the country without leaving my home. All the paperwork, legal documents, money transfers were done online. Facetime and Docusign are great tools these days. However, many people who are the same age as these parents may need a bit of help with technology. So they turn to their 20 something kids for a bit of help. Since their son may be a bit tied up right now, they would have to figure it out for themselves. Or drive to Orlando. Perhaps all the computers were confiscated by LE during the search of the home. Just my opinion, but I would think that considering their circumstances, the lawyer could have come to them. Sure, charge for the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal