Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The federal indictment is for using Gabby's debit card and PIN between August 30 and September 1 to acquire goods worth more than $1,000 without authorization.

The indictment doesn't say that it was Gabby's card. While it's probably hers, we don't know for sure.

I totally get your point. However, it states it was "after the death of Gabby."
She was no longer alive to give him permission to use card/accounts.
Thus they can arrest him.

Gotcha. But they’d still need to prove he knew she was dead at the time, correct?

How could someone prove someone ever KNEW anything specifically, ever? The fact of the matter remains that BL has possession of her vehicle and her credit cards while she is elsewhere and later turns up dead. What other likely scenarios can you think of that would allow for access to her personal belongings (and probably some of her most valuable belongings since they were on the road) without coming to a specific conclusion? I am here wracking my brain and can't think of any.

That's some fine eating for the drive back to FL.

I wonder if he stopped at a bunch of sporting goods stores getting supplies for long term camping.

my thoughts exactly. I’m not a camper but can imagine gear is expensive. What if he ruined some of the camping stuff when he killed her? And bought duplicates? And extra stuff for him?

Or did he stupidly think he can fool people into thinking it was Gabby doing the shopping while he was already in Florida to prove they separated?

Precisely.
If I was those parents, I'd be lawyering up, too.
Doesn't inherently imply guilt, complicity or anything other than being thrust into a mess.
It suggests that they felt there was a reason to call a lawyer for someone. They clearly knew something was up, if for no other reason than that her parents were trying to reach them and they never took one call. Doesn't suggest they themselves criminally actively helped cover anything up, though I suspect we'll be seeing more things that do very shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214