Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I would guess at least a quarter of the men in New England wear those for knockaround wear in the summer. I bet I could go out to Revere Beach tomorrow and find 400 guys who look like BL wearing flip-flops like that.

True. Also, from what I'm gleaning so far trying to catch up with this fast-moving threads is that the timeline doesn't fit; however, I do think the guy in this photo looks like Brian L., especially if he'd lost weight (someone mentioned the legs being much thinner than BL's).

I just ran out to run an errand and literally saw two Brian look-alikes. I was out for an hour. Just goes to show you how many people look like this guy. Needle in a haystack. He could be anywhere. MOO

I don't want to tie up this thread with opinions, so I'll just say it all now. I am a parent/grandparent/great grandparent - I tried to think how I would react. (disclaimer, I am tough love parent). I honestly don't know how DL parents can continue to be so stoic, if they know something or not - this has to be shaking their world. Do they know anything, then by not talking it has to be eating them, same thing about not knowing, they have to be feeling immense sadness & grief, for Gabby, but if not, at least for their son. Their life is forever changed, how long can they keep their silence? MOO

I wonder if he was planning on saying, "Look, she's still alive, she used her cards."
IF her body was left exposed, how was he so sure she wouldn't be discovered?
That's the big question for me.
Also was her jewellery still on her when she was discovered or did he strip her of that too?

https://twitter.com/wfla/status/1441185610778099712?s=21

Law protects Brian Laundrie's parents from accessory charges but not from other allegations | @WFLAWalt reports bit.ly/3nXcOtI

Tampa attorney Cory Baird says the law did not forbid police from watching Laundrie before his parents say he went to the 25,000 acre preserve sandwiched between North Port and Venice.

“They could’ve put a car out in front of his house. They could’ve followed him if he left,” Baird said. “They didn’t need a warrant to do that. That is just part of a criminal investigation.”

While the law would not have stopped police surveillance of the 23-year-old, the Laundries are also not legally required to tell police what they know about their son’s location, according to attorney Bryant Camareno.

“There is no obligation for anyone, a family member or a civilian, to say, ‘I know where he is, or, so and so is taking the first flight out to Mexico'” Camereno explained. “There is nothing that says they’re obligated to do so.”

Baird says Florida law does not allow parents to be charged as accessories after the fact in alleged crimes involving their children, but covering something up can lead to charges.

“If they made misleading statements or lied to officers,” Camereno, “obviously that’s a crime in Florida and they’re not protected from that.”

Camareno says there’s a federal statute that does not consider a parental relationship if someone helps conceal a crime.

“Where you’re aware of a crime and you do your best to cover it up, or you don’t report it. That could be a federal crime in and of itself,” Camareno said.””

BBM

Fox 13 Tampa : Arrest warrant issues for Brian Laundrie. The Family Attorney’s Response: family attorney Steven Bertolino responded to the FBI's arrest warrant, telling Fox News, "It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise. The FBI is focusing on locating Brian and when that occurs the specifics of the charges covered under the indictment will be addressed in the proper forum."
Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie for 'unauthorized use' of credit cards related to Gabby Petito case

Parse, parse, parse

Not a very good smokescreen, Bertolino

Are you trying to say it's ONLY felony theft so the parents still won't cooperate?

To those insisting Gabby was the aggressor:
1. The 911 caller stated “the gentlemen was slapping the girl”
2. Her best friend states BL was often jealous and controlling, citing specific examples of this
3. He appears to be a loner with no friends who still lives with his parents whereas she had many loved ones and didn’t seem to have any issues interacting with them
4. In the body cam video she is visibly upset and taking responsibility for the incident, also mentioning he doesn’t believe in her dreams, while he is making jokes and calling her crazy
5. In the restaurant incident he appears to be repeatedly bullying others despite how distraught it makes GP
6. She has been murdered and left in the dirt while he is in possession of her van and credit cards, not looking for her, not speaking to authorities or family, and now on the run.

Even if she was the aggressor, a male who is much bigger and stronger has a responsibility to walk away before he retaliates, knowing he is more likely to hurt her than vice versa. But that’s not what I see here anyway. I’ve been a psychologist for 25 years. In my experience and IMO this is an abusive man whose violence was escalating. Also IMO he is 100% responsible for her tragic death. MOO

https://twitter.com/wfla/status/1441185610778099712?s=21

Law protects Brian Laundrie's parents from accessory charges but not from other allegations | @WFLAWalt reports bit.ly/3nXcOtI

Tampa attorney Cory Baird says the law did not forbid police from watching Laundrie before his parents say he went to the 25,000 acre preserve sandwiched between North Port and Venice.

“They could’ve put a car out in front of his house. They could’ve followed him if he left,” Baird said. “They didn’t need a warrant to do that. That is just part of a criminal investigation.”

While the law would not have stopped police surveillance of the 23-year-old, the Laundries are also not legally required to tell police what they know about their son’s location, according to attorney Bryant Camareno.

“There is no obligation for anyone, a family member or a civilian, to say, ‘I know where he is, or, so and so is taking the first flight out to Mexico'” Camereno explained. “There is nothing that says they’re obligated to do so.”

Baird says Florida law does not allow parents to be charged as accessories after the fact in alleged crimes involving their children, but covering something up can lead to charges.

“If they made misleading statements or lied to officers,” Camereno, “obviously that’s a crime in Florida and they’re not protected from that.”

Camareno says there’s a federal statute that does not consider a parental relationship if someone helps conceal a crime.

“Where you’re aware of a crime and you do your best to cover it up, or you don’t report it. That could be a federal crime in and of itself,” Camareno said.””

BBM
Interesting. I read somewhere that the parent child thing (because I can't remember what it's really called) didn't apply in murder cases. Anyone know for sure?

IF her body was left exposed, how was he so sure she wouldn't be discovered?
That's the big question for me.
Also was her jewellery still on her when she was discovered or did he strip her of that too?

Good question. I don't suppose they'll release that detail for a while.

I'm not saying he clearly thought through what he was doing. I have no idea how he could have thought he was going to get away with any of this.

You know what, I think I am thinking of a permit. I believe I've been told you can buy certain guns without a permit (license?).

Think about it- you just killed someone- and you’re trying to high tail it back to Florida in under 3days-

do you have the time to find a private dealer and arrange a purchase when you don’t know anyone. Also- how much time would it take?

As far as other purchases, the original Cabelas is in Cheyenne right near I80 and if needed to pick up some outdoor equipment quickly he could grab it here. It’s pretty busy usually so he wouldn’t probably even be remembered as remarkable or unusual either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE