Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But isn’t the autopsy pretty much complete, save for toxicology, just not revealed to the general public? And if so, wouldn’t the necessary results have already been passed on to LE/investigators?
/JMO

Yes, but they won't charge him with murder before then.
Slow and steady. Make sure they get it all right.

True. Also, from what I'm gleaning so far trying to catch up with this fast-moving threads is that the timeline doesn't fit; however, I do think the guy in this photo looks like Brian L., especially if he'd lost weight (someone mentioned the legs being much thinner than BL's).

It's not just that he's thin. BL has the muscular calves of somebody who uses his legs a lot--walkers, skateboarders, golfers all have calves like that. This guy is just skinny.

Also I don't think he carries himself the same and his jaw is wrong.

I just ran out to run an errand and literally saw two Brian look-alikes. I was out for an hour. Just goes to show you how many people look like this guy. Needle in a haystack. He could be anywhere. MOO

I saw a guy walking along the opposite lane from me tonight with a green backpack and I almost turned around to go give him a ride to keep him from getting blindsided by angry vigilantes.

With the FBI getting an arrest warrant for BL today it changes his status from POI/missing person to him being a fugitive.

I see some comments questioning how good of case the Feds have on BL using GP's debit card. If BL is arrested on the fraud charge I don't care too much if that charge is later dropped in favor of murder charges. JMO.
Exactly. This is a means to an end.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Brian's Attorney Statement from today -

READ THAT clearly from Brian's attorney.

Activities occurring AFTER the death of Gabby.

Arrest warrant is for activities occurring between 8/30-9/1.

Brian Laundrie's ATTORNEY knows the time of death was before 8/30.

the warrant actually states that the illegal activity took place after gabby's death...

From the warrant (ETA: Indictment not warrant), it mentions one debit card and two account numbers. Would this be like a checking and savings? Just curious.

So sorry, I have been gone most of the day and am just catching up. Is this a new warrant ETA: Indictment not warrant) with the card information? I wonder if they have video of BL at the locations where those cards were used?

https://twitter.com/wfla/status/1441185610778099712?s=21

Law protects Brian Laundrie's parents from accessory charges but not from other allegations | @WFLAWalt reports bit.ly/3nXcOtI

Tampa attorney Cory Baird says the law did not forbid police from watching Laundrie before his parents say he went to the 25,000 acre preserve sandwiched between North Port and Venice.

“They could’ve put a car out in front of his house. They could’ve followed him if he left,” Baird said. “They didn’t need a warrant to do that. That is just part of a criminal investigation.”

While the law would not have stopped police surveillance of the 23-year-old, the Laundries are also not legally required to tell police what they know about their son’s location, according to attorney Bryant Camareno.

“There is no obligation for anyone, a family member or a civilian, to say, ‘I know where he is, or, so and so is taking the first flight out to Mexico'” Camereno explained. “There is nothing that says they’re obligated to do so.”

Baird says Florida law does not allow parents to be charged as accessories after the fact in alleged crimes involving their children, but covering something up can lead to charges.

“If they made misleading statements or lied to officers,” Camereno, “obviously that’s a crime in Florida and they’re not protected from that.”

Camareno says there’s a federal statute that does not consider a parental relationship if someone helps conceal a crime.

“Where you’re aware of a crime and you do your best to cover it up, or you don’t report it. That could be a federal crime in and of itself,” Camareno said.””

BBM

Now that we have a bank fraud indictment, I'd add that they are also not immune from the conspiracy to commit clause in that statute which would most certainly open them up to the investigative powers of the US Secret Service and the US Department of the Treasury. Their entire financial world is about to be exposed, and any hint that they may have been involved with Brian's bank fraud exposes them to a conspiracy charge. IMO, not a lawyer, but the indictment under that particular statute does more than just give them a reason to arrest Brian. It opens up the investigative door to the parents. They will need more than just a real estate attorney IMO. They are going to need someone who knows Federal banking fraud law, and probably tax fraud law too, depending on what dirt the investigation turns up.

Fellow Halloween lover. I can totally see her making that post early (it hurts my heart to think about her being stoked for Halloween around the corner!) but I still believe he either posted it or he got onto her account & changed the captions for some reason. I know we don't know one way or the other but I agree, it could still be her that posted it.

If the caption had been edited after posting, that would be shown in the caption. It wasn't edited after posting.

From the warrant (ETA: Indictment not warrant), it mentions one debit card and two account numbers. Would this be like a checking and savings? Just curious.

Probably. Though it could be two different checking accounts, if she was the kind to keep different accounts for different purposes (like maybe one for trip, one for reserves), or a money market account, or maybe others I'm not thinking of right now.

Parse, parse, parse

Not a very good smokescreen, Bertolino

Are you trying to say it's ONLY felony theft so the parents still won't cooperate?
........................Or at least go looking for their missing son or go on tv and plea to him to come forward i just cant phathom that they or his sister hasn't tried locating BL since they supposable reported him missing SMDH

I just ran out to run an errand and literally saw two Brian look-alikes. I was out for an hour. Just goes to show you how many people look like this guy. Needle in a haystack. He could be anywhere. MOO

Yea, Looking at news interviews, the shaved head is common in Florida and this case.

You can use Apple Pay from an Apple Watch. Apple Pay can be tied to your debit card and or any credit cards you have. That may be the way BL was paying for things, if BL had Gabby's watch.

Seeing all that has transpired so far, I believe, if caught, Brian will use the "Bushy-haired stranger" defense and claim they were both attacked and he was fleeing in terror. The comments from his lawyer, earlier on portend to that. "“Many people are wondering why Mr. Laundrie would not make a statement or speak with law enforcement in the face of Ms. Petito’s absence," his attorney, Steve Bertolino, wrote in the Wednesday night statement. He wrote that police often focus on "intimate partners" in situations like this. "The warning that 'any statement made will be used against you' is true, regardless of whether my client had anything to do with Ms. Petito’s disappearance," he wrote. "As such, on the advice of counsel Mr. Laundrie is not speaking on the matter."" Wonder if BL told Mr. Bertonlino that he had been using Gabby's money to fund his trip home?

It seems to me that LE has got this and they are going to be able to cut-off every reasonable "out" BL's attorney, might attempt to use.

I saw a guy walking along the opposite lane from me tonight with a green backpack and I almost turned around to go give him a ride to keep him from getting blindsided by angry vigilantes.
You're raising a good point. His parents are *not* doing him any favors *if* they know where he is. They better hope LE finds him first...and that he doesn't struggle.
*If* they have knowledge, they are indeed very foolish not to cooperate.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I guess we are all in the same boat on the parents silence - but I just continue to be amazed that they are not out pleading for him to come back or searching for him, which leads me to believe they have a pretty good idea of where he is.

Brian's Attorney Statement from today -

READ THAT clearly from Brian's attorney.

Activities occurring AFTER the death of Gabby.

Arrest warrant is for activities occurring between 8/30-9/1.

Brian Laundrie's ATTORNEY knows the time of death was before 8/30.

ANOTHER good reason to have a decent defense attorney instead of someone that's just a family friend. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow