Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the warrant (ETA: Indictment not warrant), it mentions one debit card and two account numbers. Would this be like a checking and savings? Just curious.

Attachments

• A219A682-B4A3-4A78-8662-0A0CF7525030.jpeg
    A219A682-B4A3-4A78-8662-0A0CF7525030.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 31
I found the plastic objection in the body cam video so irritating and insincere. Totally fine with eating yogurt and berries and whatnot, all packaged in plastic, but no, let me virtue signal, repeatedly, that I am a man of such high ethics that I must refuse bottled water. Nevermind consuming gas, etc. Big eyeroll

Yes on the gas consumption. The whole trip was not a necessary one so all the gas he burned was not "environmentally friendly". What I noticed from his Instagram is that he didn't seem to like other PEOPLE. He felt parks were "infested" with people, like he's not even one himself. He seemed to feel like they deserved to be in all these extremely popular national parks all by themselves. This speaks to his apparent sense of entitlement, and that he was basically anti-social. JMO

So I could see him trying to live on his own out in the wilderness for months. Unfortunately for BL, jails are usually crowded places!

Brian's Attorney Statement from today -

It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito

READ THAT clearly from Brian's attorney.

Activities occurring AFTER the death of Gabby.

Arrest warrant is for activities occurring between 8/30-9/1.

Brian Laundrie's ATTORNEY knows the time of death was before 8/30.

https://twitter.com/wfla/status/1441185610778099712?s=21

Law protects Brian Laundrie's parents from accessory charges but not from other allegations | @WFLAWalt reports bit.ly/3nXcOtI

Tampa attorney Cory Baird says the law did not forbid police from watching Laundrie before his parents say he went to the 25,000 acre preserve sandwiched between North Port and Venice.

“They could’ve put a car out in front of his house. They could’ve followed him if he left,” Baird said. “They didn’t need a warrant to do that. That is just part of a criminal investigation.”

While the law would not have stopped police surveillance of the 23-year-old, the Laundries are also not legally required to tell police what they know about their son’s location, according to attorney Bryant Camareno.

“There is no obligation for anyone, a family member or a civilian, to say, ‘I know where he is, or, so and so is taking the first flight out to Mexico'” Camereno explained. “There is nothing that says they’re obligated to do so.”

Baird says Florida law does not allow parents to be charged as accessories after the fact in alleged crimes involving their children, but covering something up can lead to charges.

“If they made misleading statements or lied to officers,” Camereno, “obviously that’s a crime in Florida and they’re not protected from that.”

Camareno says there’s a federal statute that does not consider a parental relationship if someone helps conceal a crime.

“Where you’re aware of a crime and you do your best to cover it up, or you don’t report it. That could be a federal crime in and of itself,” Camareno said.””

BBM

i think the last two paragraphs are what the situation is here...

Moab will investigate police's response to Gabby Petito and her fiancé's domestic dispute - CNN

The city of Moab, Utah, said it is launching an investigation into the Moab City Police Department's handling of a dispute between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie in August several weeks before she was killed.

Moab said in a statement the police department has received both praises and criticism for "their response and their resolution of the incident involving Ms. Petito and Mr. Laundrie."

The investigation stems from police interactions with Petito, 22, and Laundrie, 23, on August 12 in the midst of their #VanLife road trip to parks in the American West. In Moab, a bystander called 911 to report a possible domestic dispute involving the couple and their white van, and the ensuing police interaction was captured by police body-camera footage and a police report.
Good! The way they handled it was outrageous. jmo

What are the odds he is still alive? If they are confident he is in the reserve I have little hope that he would still be alive

From what I have heard, she LOVED Halloween. As someone who also loves Halloween, I made multiple posts about Halloween over the summer. She could've just been excited it was getting closer. :(

Fellow Halloween lover. I can totally see her making that post early (it hurts my heart to think about her being stoked for Halloween around the corner!) but I still believe he either posted it or he got onto her account & changed the captions for some reason. I know we don't know one way or the other but I agree, it could still be her that posted it.

With the FBI getting an arrest warrant for BL today it changes his status from POI/missing person to him being a fugitive.

I see some comments questioning how good of case the Feds have on BL using GP's debit card. If BL is arrested on the fraud charge I don't care too much if that charge is later dropped in favor of murder charges. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz