Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was so used to using her stuff that he did not realize that ride was over once she was gone.
Ain't that the truth. Just like the Van. He felt entitled to her stuff. So disturbing to think ..He kills her and uses her/parents card to most likely fund himself so he doesn't do without. Yea he Loved her a lot. Smh

Hmm.. I wonder if the cards he used were GP's or maybe her parents' cards if she was an authorized user on her parents' account. Just thinking through these charges. I'm guessing more charges are potentially in the works.
I was wondering the same thing. Moo is that this is a strategic move just to be able to speak with him. I’m interested to know the facts surrounding the usage and what warranted the need for him to extract 1000 dollars plus

As the crime appears to have been committed on Federal lands, it will be tried in Federal Court in Cheyenne, Wyoming through the US Dept Of Justice using US District

Maybe also buying some long-term survival gear along the way.

He certainly didn't go through $1000 of gas and McDonald on his 36 hour trip.

Note that they lay the first part of the charge as Aug 30, not Aug 29

Did he stay at the van the night after the hitchiking event?
The problem is, you can't buy much high quality gear with $700. I'm thinking he stole cash, too.

Do you think the bethune’s timing was very soon after BL may have returned to the van after his altercation with GP? His flip flops are half hazardly outside the van. Then “he” shuts the door van when he hears then driving down the gravel road. Do you think Gabby put up her last IG post meaning the trip is over for her? If she did in fact post it.

Thoughts about if she would have gone to that community college instead of moving in with BL’s parents. Education empowers people. So sad.

I guess that's interesting. Probably a coincidence. Are you saying because she mentioned Halloween and the four-month trip was due to end around that time?

the "not believing in plastic" thing got me from the very first time I saw the Moab stop. . . but clearly if it is a plastic form of currency, that plastic is okay.

I found the plastic objection in the body cam video so irritating and insincere. Totally fine with eating yogurt and berries and whatnot, all packaged in plastic, but no, let me virtue signal, repeatedly, that I am a man of such high ethics that I must refuse bottled water. Nevermind consuming gas, etc. Big eyeroll

Gabby Petito update: Federal arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie, FBI says - CNN

The US District Court of Wyoming has issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie, according to the FBI's Denver field office, after a federal grand jury indicted him for his "use of unauthorized devices" following the death of Gabby Petito.

"While this arrest warrant allows law enforcement to arrest Mr. Laundrie, the FBI and our partners across the country continue to investigate the facts and circumstances of Ms. Petito's homicide," FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Schneider said in a statement posted on Twitter.

LOL! When did I say ANY of that? Check out my posts if you care but I said none of the above. Also, you try to keep up, it's a fast-moving thread, I don't go back to read your edits because I have no idea you edited anything. Also, I was only objecting to you saying circumstantial evidence isn't used to convict people, when it is all the time. Yeah, people do get off charges for WEAK circumstantial evidence.

Have you been following any of the past 30 threads?

Having said that (but none of what you are directing at me), you only seem interested in long diatribes of arguments so I'm gonna disengage from this now. Enjoy your day!

If anyone watches "Cold Justice" Kelly Siegler reminds people that circumstantial evidence cases are the best ones. IE using our common sense with all the little pieces.

Permits and licenses are completely different than background checks for purchasing, and laws vary by city/county/state. Criminals that commit crimes with a gun could care less about those laws. The only way he could get away without a background check would be to purchase privately, but he'd have to have the ability to find that person/owner and I would imagine cost would be more too for the gun. A decent caliber retail firearm goes for about $400 minimum so that's a huge chunk of change for someone in a survival situation IMO.

Not for someone who just stole more than $1000
I'm not sure about other states but finding a private seller here is a matter of hitting a gun show which occur just about every single weekend around my state.
And very often considerably less money than retail

It does raise some interesting theories on all sides of the matter. While I really continue to hope that BL did not kill her and some creepy, stalker person did instead, for everyone's sake (including their love story)...it is compelling that the feds would issue this, if they didn't know something that made them suspicious about his involvement. I realize that they have way more details explaining what happened, especially if they have their hands on texts and phone info. Still. JMOO
Love story!? He was a narcissistic abuser and a coward for leaving her behind either way… not much of a “love story”. Everything coming out about their relationship is far from sunshine unless I’ve been reading an entirely different thread than you have been. Sorry for going in but I see people romanticizing this story and it’s kinda gross…

I hope this is allowed. The pic is from GP’s IG IIRC at the dunes. Anyone else notice what looks like bruises on her neck and back?

On her neck I think it's some wisps of hair coming down from under her hat, but possibly bruising on her shoulder blade.

Although, just to play devil's advocate here, BL and GP's videos did show them goofing around, doing handstands, cartwheels, running around and rolling about on the beach, on swings etc - it could've been caused by a whole manner of things on her shoulder blade.

Yes, if it was a bruise on her neck, that's harder to explain away IMO, because our necks are less likely to get a bruise on from goofing around, plus, anatomically, they're more naturally protected from impacts by the jaw and with them being set back (concave).

MOO

How could someone prove someone ever KNEW anything specifically, ever? The fact of the matter remains that BL has possession of her vehicle and her credit cards while she is elsewhere and later turns up dead. What other likely scenarios can you think of that would allow for access to her personal belongings (and probably some of her most valuable belongings since they were on the road) without coming to a specific conclusion? I am here wracking my brain and can't think of any.
The point is if they could prove he knew she was dead we’d already have a murder charge. But we don’t. Because they can’t. And if they can’t prove he knew she was at the very least dead when he took the van back to FL there’s gonna be an issue. Because yeah, returning to FL in her van without her is shady, but his lawyer will make excuses for it and prosecutors will need to prove against those things. It just doesn’t bode well (at the moment) for them pinning her murder on him in the future if the best they got right now is credit card fraud.
/JMO

Last edited:
I mean, mine is, but I didn't murder anyone. From this site alone I've looked things up like how long it takes to dismember someone, and I've also looked up which states bestiality is still legal in because it came up in conversation.
Most browsers have private browsing tabs that can be used to not save specific history, locally that is.. the Internet Service Provider can still see the actual searches conducted in most cases.

That said, I think BL's family may not be the most tech savvy so I'm sure LE will not have much trouble finding the search evidence if anything relevant exists. JMO

Petito’s father, who lives in Florida, said the couple was in Salt Lake City on Aug. 21. He knows because he placed an Uber Eats order for them.

“There was a power outage. She said she didn’t have WiFi, so I ordered her some food,” Joseph Petito said. “I know it was in Salt Lake City. It was the last time I spoke to her.”​

Authorities searching for missing 22-year-old woman last seen in SLC

Wait, did he say the couple or just her? Brian was supposed to be in Florida 8/17-8/23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva