Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, did he say the couple or just her? Brian was supposed to be in Florida 8/17-8/23.
If he said only her, it might imply that he knew Brian was in Florida. Or has that fact already been established that everyone knew he was in Florida on those dates

Love story!? He was a narcissistic abuser and a coward for leaving her behind either way… not much of a “love story”. Everything coming out about their relationship is far from sunshine unless I’ve been reading an entirely different thread than you have been. Sorry for going in but I see people romanticizing this story and it’s kinda gross…
Maybe I should have said her love story, and the one nearly everyone believed before the last few weeks of August happened. She put out a lovely example of that and if, at the end of this all, that part could be restored, well, I just like that better than the alternative. MOO!

It looks like he used her debit card after she was dead. It's a minor charge in the grand scheme of things, but huge in that it authorizes his arrest. He's officially a fugitive.

Can they prove this, since time of death is still apparently unknown? Also, he could claim he had authorization and no knowledge of her death at the time of use. Just MOO

The question is: did Brian’s parents help him get away?

“If they knew what happened, and they intended to protect their son from detection in some way whether they’re helping him escape or hiding him, then yes they can be arrested an accessory after the fact,” justice studies professor Pamella Seay said.

Seay said when it comes to possible murder, there is no parent-child privilege in court. While the Laundries have the right to remain silent, they do not have the right to hide their son.

“You can’t run away, you can’t hide, that’s what has occurred here is that Brian Laundrie has totally disappeared,” Seay said. “If these parents have protected their son inappropriately, they could look at anywhere from 5 to 15 years of prison or probation.”
Can Brian Laundrie's parents be charged? You asked, we answered
Thank you! I knew there was something in the law to explain this.

I guess that's interesting. Probably a coincidence. Are you saying because she mentioned Halloween and the four-month trip was due to end around that time?

I did find it interesting that a Halloween reference was made at the time it was.
Seemed a bit premature ... or late.
Would have been a bit more explainable had it been a few days earlier, on September 22, the first day of Fall.

Fox 13 Tampa : [quote snip]Arrest warrant issues for Brian Laundrie. The Family Attorney’s Response: family attorney Steven Bertolino responded to the FBI's arrest warrant, telling Fox News, "It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise. The FBI is focusing on locating Brian and when that occurs the specifics of the charges covered under the indictment will be addressed in the proper forum." [quote snip]
Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie for 'unauthorized use' of credit cards related to Gabby Petito case (Sorry for double post- Mods please kindly move this one to media file, where my addled brain intended for it to be. Thanks in advance, if you will)

Last edited:
Makes you wonder how many times he drove off and left her over night. Probably would grab her keys and just drive off to scare her.
A total abusive move.

Whatta <modsnip> to rob and steal from her as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't see murder charges before the autopsy is final. No way.
So the fact that they haven't dropped those isn't at all surprising and means nothing IMO
But isn’t the autopsy pretty much complete, save for toxicology, just not revealed to the general public? And if so, wouldn’t the necessary results have already been passed on to LE/investigators?
/JMO

Last edited:
Boyfriend of slain Gabby Petito charged with bank card fraud

A federal grand jury indictment filed in U.S. District Court in Wyoming alleges Brian Laundrie made unauthorized withdrawals or charges worth more than $1,000 during the period in which Petito went missing. It does not say who the card issued by Capitol One Bank belonged to.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Schneider said an arrest warrant issued Wednesday for the alleged fraudulent use of the bank card will allow law enforcement across the country to continue pursuing Laundrie, while the investigation continues into Petito’s homicide.

The indictment says the unauthorized use of the debit card occurred from about Aug. 30 to Sept. 1.
I'm betting he withdrew over a $1000 so he could purchase gas and food undetected. Of course he was stupid enough to steal her van and drive back soooo idk....

to get a shower and sleep on a real bed?
Because now the time to get comfy, when you're racing home across country in the van you stole from your dead girlfriend? Using her credit cards and risking a record and being seen at a hotel/motel, which involves relatively extended facetime with an employee?

I know he's not bright, but.

Oh I'm not saying he DID , I'm saying he COULD have from a legal standpoint with no background check.

I don't think he bought much. I think aside from basics gas, food, supplies.
I think most was kept in cash to get out of the country.
Agreed.

Can they prove this, since time of death is still apparently unknown? Also, he could claim he had authorization and no knowledge of her death at the time of use. Just MOO
Im guessing the coroner has provided them with a "no later than" sort of estimate that allowed this.

So there are warrants for Colorado and Wyoming?

Any thoughts on why he didn't just ask his parents to send him money? He must have known this would bite him in the a$$.

Two different thoughts/guesses - Brian may have told his parents that he had Gabby's permission to drive the van home, and her permission to use the credit cards. He may have conjured up a story that all was well and they simply had a change in plans/broke up/whatever. In this scenario he wouldn't have revealed anything about harming/killing Gabby.

Or, he told his parents he killed/harmed Gabby and the parents did not send him money because they did not want to be implicated in offering him assistance. In this scenario, I would imagine the family retained an attorney right away and the attorney may have advised the parents to refrain from providing assistance to Brian.

This is all just conjecture and opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshuasaunt