Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be amusing if BL had been hiding in that neighborhood all along, and not in the reserve? There aren't actually a lot of houses there, although there do seem to be a lot of lots. It looks pretty woody and undeveloped - kind of like a failed development project.
He would’ve been right under their noses. And keeping an eye on the air traffic. Kind of a snub to law enforcement like “haha I’ve been here the whole time catch me now” kind of scenario. Thinks he can outsmart the law. This is sounding more promising as I type this out..

What isn't redacted, though, DOES say body cam. So that's really interesting.

Edit: nope, I'm looking at the wrong one. Sorry.

Someone else call it in.. I already talked to a detective lmao

It actually came from a police report, so they already know. We know it's connected to the investigation and Laundries because those were the search terms used to get the redacted reports. But we don't know anything else. Maybe someone reported that they thought they saw BL.

I meant it more as, did he really walk out without a phone or wallet but grab keys to drive himself? Not buying that.
I don't think he drove himself. I think they dropped him off elsewhere and parked the mustang where it was found. They may have had a pact, where they would drop off supplies for him at some spot outside of the park. I'm beginning to despise them MORE than him, if that's possible. jmo

You make a good point and if I were him I would have altered my route around Ida, i.e. not taking 10 but a more northerly route East such as 40 or whatever before turning south.

But as long as the storm weakened from a hurricane he shouldn’t have really had an issue driving in it. There may have been bad pockets to cause him trouble but overall he was probably fine. And he could have turned south as the storm took off northeast so he probably only had to contend with the southern side of it if he routed himself well. Southern LA gal here as well so I’m thinking he probably just didn’t come back via 10.

Yea I think I-75 route is faster especially with the weather concerns

Going by other true crime cases, I can totally understand LE not letting the Laundries participate in the search of the Carlton reserve.

That being said, however, I am 100% certain that 99% of parents whose son had "gone missing" and who were concerned about his well-being would have been out in the reserve parking lot waiting for anything the searchers would have found.

They seem amazingly unconcerned about locating their "missing" son.
I’ve thought that as well. Like they’re acting cool as a freaking cucumber for someone who can’t find their “missing” son, & they are concerned about him harming himself. You’d think that they’d be talking, putting out a statement, cooperating, or something!! But they are staying creepishly quiet & calm IMO. They’ve gone to ALL these lengths to “protect” their son. & now he’s “missing” & nothing?! IMO, something smells with that….

I bet this dude is hiding out in those trees in the sparse neighborhood with his little one man pop up tent eating his organic granola his parents brought to him and drinking water out of a glass water bottle just laughing at everyone searching for him because he is RIGHT FRICKIN THERE! IMO just saying. He’s not far from where they’re searching, I think they’re searching in the wrong direction.

He told Dr. Phil that he called Brian Brianne. He wasn't being careful. Besides, the uncle and mother talked about it, so....
Her dad is going to be careful what they say about BL behavior toward GP and their conversations with GP immediately prior to her death. That information needs to come in at trial, not to Dr. Phil, an entertainer. jmo

He would’ve been right under their noses. And keeping an eye on the air traffic. Kind of a snub to law enforcement like “haha I’ve been here the whole time catch me now” kind of scenario. Thinks he can outsmart the law. This is sounding more promising as I type this out..

I can believe there are a lot of empty houses to hide in. The snow birds from the north have not returned for the winter. I doubt he is on the street as neighbors would recognize him, he could be in another location relaxing by the pool, having uber eats delivered on a Walmart cash card.

If we're thinking of funny places BL could hide, I wonder if they checked the attic and the crawlspace (do they have those in FL?). How about the neighbor's crawl spaces and attics? Any other buildings he could hide in? If I didn't want to be found, I'd sure consider it. Did they ever bring scent dogs to the house to check these out?

It actually came from a police report, so they already know. We know it's connected to the investigation and Laundries because those were the search terms used to get the redacted reports. But we don't know anything else. Maybe someone reported that they thought they saw BL.
True. In all my excitement I forgot about that. Lol

I am from a different culture to Florida ( Sydney, AU) , but it seems to me to be a universal truth that parents, with missing children of whatever age are inclined to be completely off the radar in the level of grief and fright and desperation and horror and a free ranging rage, that these Laundrie parents are apparently able to function quite ordinarily, considering their circumstances. Highly suspicious.

Their circumstances being, that not only is their child missing, but he is suspected of at least theft, and probably murder. Quite a whack of ghastliness, you'd think they'd be on the floor, unable to stand.

Anyone notice when his parents got home today his mama had a light weight lunch box with her when she got out of the truck? Probably means nothing.. it was quite the trip.. I’d take snacks too.. and snacks for the snacks..
Where did they get those snacks? They've been in that house for days without a grocery run (except milk). I'm surprised there's anything left in there to eat. Maybe they stocked up real well before Bri's little walk, though.

I can believe there are a lot of empty houses to hide in. The snow birds from the north have not returned for the winter. I doubt he is on the street as neighbors would recognize him, he could be in another location relaxing by the pool, having uber eats delivered on a Walmart cash card.
Yeah but there’s not many houses nearby. Don’t get me started on the snowbirds.. only reason I hate winter in FL.. but I’m ready for the cold weather, just not the snowbirds lol

I figured someone else had to eventually pick him up after the first woman dropped him off, so I'm glad we're hearing that account now. I am not surprised at all that two (or possibly more yet unheard of) people picked him up. There is a bit of a different mindset/mentality in national parks, wilderness areas, etc. I myself personally would NOT pick up a hitch hiker even there, but many people do who would not normally at home. It is not at all uncommon for hikers to do a long-ish one-way hike and then hitch back to their car at the other end. It's also not that uncommon for people who work in the national park (especially seasonal employees - sometimes college students, etc) to not have transportation (especially in non-pandemic years when they may be from out of the country) and to hitch rides to get into town or around the park. I am not saying I think it's a great idea to pick up hitch hikers, just that it is a different type of world in these communities and a sort of kinship among park-goers, hikers, etc.
IMO based on being a part of this community (though one who doesn't pick up strangers ;))
I’m just going to say this again. People take pics of everything! Food, animals, signs…why, oh why would someone not take a picture of a total stranger before letting them into your car. Grrr

Laundrie’s neighbor last saw him weekend of Sept. 10

A neighbor who lives directly across the street from the home Petito shared with Laundrie and her family told CNN the last time she saw Laundrie at the North Port home was the weekend of September 10.

Karyn Aberts said she saw Laundrie and his family “in the neighborhood out in the front yard,” saying it looked like “a normal … they were going for a walk kind of thing,” and that she “never thought anything about it.”

Brian Laundrie left home without phone or wallet and his parents were concerned he might hurt himself, source says - KYMA

So now we have someone saying he was in Florida for sure the weekend of the 10th

Nagging questions:
1. Brian's sudden trip during their road trip 5 days after the 911 incident?
2. Where was the Mustang parked prior to 9/15/2021?
3. Why would the "family" go camping when he got home?
4. Brian's parents odd behavior?
<modsnip>
6. What was Brian actually doing during his hitchhiking journey?
7. Who was GP speaking with on the phone while in the back of the police cruiser?
8. Was the STAN text message actually the Send The Authorities Now?
9. Last official proof of life for BL?

All of this is MOO...

#1: I think they may have thought a brief break from each other was good idea, but would use the "moving things from or to storage" excuse as a cover up to tell family and friends. As far as why buy a plane ticket for something they could hire movers to do (as I've seen asked elsewhere): it wasn't about the storage. It was mainly for a break, but why not also do the storage bit, too. (I have witnessed and experienced DV in my life and this is all similar to what I've experienced.)

#8: WS Rules state we are not supposed to speculate or theorize if Stan meant something other than the Grandpa.

ETA clarification and correct typo

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members