Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a report, almost completely redacted, of a "suspicious incident" "at the intersection of Balboa Terrace and Delmar Drive in North Port" on the 18th. The redacted report was released in response to a demand for a public records information request about the case. It was one of 40 of these reports that were returned, almost completely redacted. That's not actually that surprising considering the number of tips that will have been filed.
Is that around the time that the neighbours were thinking he came home every night to sleep after everybody was gone? I'm vaguely recalling a bit of a story that panned out to be a non story around that date? Might have been that somebody 'fitting his description, at a stretch turned out not to be him? I've only a shred of a memory of it..

Definitely paywalled, my end.
What was the gist of it?

Pretty much just this that I hadn't heard about but all of it redacted checking for another link

A third redacted report —incident No. 21-054246, at 11:22 p.m. dated Sept. 18 notes a “suspicious incident” at the intersection of Balboa Terrace and Delmar Drive in North Port.

Delmar Drive is a bit of a beaten trail of a road that drags along Big Slough in the middle of North Port. There are no homes on Delmar Drive; and only a handful along Balboa Terrance.

Zero proof at this point.
SBM
Who was driving the van on the 1st that was captured on the traffic camera? It was her van, last seen in WY where they both were, but she was murdered. He was spotted in Benton IL between those times. Then the van is at his parents home. The only logical conclusion is he drove it home to FL.

That is confusing to me. How would have Gabby's mom known that the van was back if nobody went by the house to see it? Wonder if someone is lying about something that hasn't been released for public info
It depends upon the date that happened. Gabby's dad paid a visit at one point, it could have been subsequent to that visit and she certainly would have known.

That does seem strange now that you mention it. I've know women in DV situations and the one time the guy would leave them be was if he really hurt them badly and maybe didn't want to see the damage or didn't want to be around in case police were called. I did see one video where, in my opinion, G's eye looked very puffy. This could've been from DV or a hard cry. This was in that Vanlife youtube video. Not sure where the stay at the hotel and the vanlife video fit in the timeline but looks like damage to the eye to her right.
Best theory yet. That is why the flimsy storage moving story was made up. She went into hiding after the Moab police stop because he injured her. I wonder if she is on any hotel video? Did she go anywhere for medical treatment? Did she really video call with her mom on the 25th? I think the MP restaurant encounter may be an indication of his continued escalation of blaming her for whatever was wrong with him.
MOO

That whole week is full of mystery. Why didn't she contact more people if she was alone. I don't see her spending multiple days in a hotel room by herself and not leaving for much of anything. Wonder if any security footage shows any helpful info for the LE

I agree. My issue with the break-up theory as the reason BL went home and left GP behind is she was sitting in SLC alone. She wouldn’t have necessarily known he was coming back, or how long she would be alone, or what on earth she was going to do alone from that point forward. He would have been gone. Broken up. And she’s sitting there day after day hoping he will come back with no real plan for him to, but meanwhile money is flushing into the hotel’s pockets with every passing day. Instead she stayed there seemingly calmly and chitchatted with her dad, edited her vlog and waited to get back on the road with him.

She may have had a Dr.’s appointment to pick up more meds.

i mean, my family member's bag looked exactly like a lunch bag...some people don't like being stared at in public with a chemo pump...also, the compression sleeve did extend to her armpit, i just rewatched the video...i realize this may not be the case, and i am not going to mention it again, but i felt as if i was looking at my family member today, down to the facemask in the vehicle with her spouse...pardon me pointing it out.

It depends upon the date that happened. Gabby's dad paid a visit at one point, it could have been subsequent to that visit and she certainly would have known.

Actually, the North Point police were clear that GP's father did NOT go to the Laundrie house.

GP's mother tried to file a Missing Person Report on the 10th. It was refused.

The next day, her father succeeded in filing a Missing Person Report. I bet that when the police started actually looking at the situation the next day, they immediately found the van in the Laundrie's driveway - because they impounded it on the same day.

They have. There was a guy from Teledyne FLIR talking about the cameras there were using. Impossible to hide, even underwater. They were talking about even hiding underwater with face up to breath, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I think the people are looking for clothes, backpacks, and a body.

I don't think he is in there, or he is cold.

Can stay underwater and breathe through a piece of hollow reed.

I just want to point out that although there's no been any publicly confirmed proof that Brian made that trip back to Florida to clean out the storage unit, airlines have to keep records and law enforcement knows whether he did or not.

The cleaning out of the storage unit apparent took place in the middle of August? I wonder what the source of the story was originally on that. I had a storage unit once and it was paid for on a month to month basis renewing on the 1st of every month. I don't know why they'd have to clean it out in the middle of the month. It sounds made up, like a reason she would give her Mom as to why she was in a hotel for several days? I have just never seen a real solid source for this storage story, even if it's been here from the beginning of this saga.

Storage is also pretty cheap. Like a round-trip plane ticket to FL from Utah would probably pay for many months of storage. I wonder what that was really all about.

@jamicat thank you for your rationale here. The bloating of this case with wild speculation is incredibly frustrating.
He's 23. I think it's quite obvious that this wasn't premeditated. I think it's quite obvious that he lost control, possibly threw her, she hit her head on a rock or he strangled her in the moment, then freaked out, hiked to Colter bay, showered, hitched back to the van, sat there thinking what to do, then freaked out and drove home for 36 hours straight - pumped up on adrenaline/fear.

I think he freaked out in the first hitchhikers car because they went down the wrong road (not the highway to get back to the car).

There was a sighting of him at 11pm on the 30th at a petrol station in Jackson (not confirmed by police as far as I know). The timeline fits perfectly.

That the police have charged him with unauthorized use of a debit card shows they likely don't have evidence enough to prove murder yet, imo.

Is that around the time that the neighbours were thinking he came home every night to sleep after everybody was gone? I'm vaguely recalling a bit of a story that panned out to be a non story around that date? Might have been that somebody 'fitting his description, at a stretch turned out not to be him? I've only a shred of a memory of it..

This "coming home after everybody was gone" is a new idea for me: where did that come from?

Ida Weather update: So it’s been pretty hard to gather enough weather radar information without knowing what day BL actually left the grand Teton area. It’s getting late over here I. Louisiana, but I plan to try and backtrack his travel with the weather tomorrow when I have more time. Right now I can leave y’all with this…

this is an image of the radar on 8/31/21 at 05:00am central time. I have shot in the dark and said that BL left the grand Teton area at 5am on 8/30/21. With time zones taken into account and him not stopping for much, I have him getting to Nashville at 05:00am central time…and I ran the radar at that time against that. This is just my research. But I will try and do better with a backtrack from the Florida time of 10pm that we know the van was seen tomorrow or this weekend.

Attachments

• 51394C79-A827-4319-B3A8-E9C79D4C3634.png
    51394C79-A827-4319-B3A8-E9C79D4C3634.png
    251 KB · Views: 17
The cleaning out of the storage unit apparent took place in the middle of August? I wonder what the source of the story was originally on that. I had a storage unit once and it was paid for on a month to month basis renewing on the 1st of every month. I don't know why they'd have to clean it out in the middle of the month. It sounds made up, like a reason she would give her Mom as to why she was in a hotel for several days? I have just never seen a real solid source for this storage story, even if it's been here from the beginning of this saga.

Storage is also pretty cheap. Like a round-trip plane ticket to FL from Utah would probably pay for many months of storage. I wonder what that was really all about.
Without known evidence the trip to FL is strange. Doesn't make sense at all. "want to save money on storage but spend much more on plane ticket" Interesting way to think IMO. Or wasn't thinking, or not about storage unit at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme