Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the North Point police were clear that GP's father did NOT go to the Laundrie house.

GP's mother tried to file a Missing Person Report on the 10th. It was refused.

The next day, her father succeeded in filing a Missing Person Report. I bet that when the police started actually looking at the situation the next day, they immediately found the van in the Laundrie's driveway - because they impounded it on the same day.
Do you happen to have a link to that? The bit about police denying he went there? I believe I saw it reported or discussed?

The cleaning out of the storage unit apparent took place in the middle of August? I wonder what the source of the story was originally on that. I had a storage unit once and it was paid for on a month to month basis renewing on the 1st of every month. I don't know why they'd have to clean it out in the middle of the month. It sounds made up, like a reason she would give her Mom as to why she was in a hotel for several days? I have just never seen a real solid source for this storage story, even if it's been here from the beginning of this saga.

Storage is also pretty cheap. Like a round-trip plane ticket to FL from Utah would probably pay for many months of storage. I wonder what that was really all about.

The trip back to FL, and the dates, first appeared on GP's uncle's handwritten timeline on a family web page.

It has been reported that her mother tried to file a missing person's report earlier, but the North Point police didn't agree.

I have heard that and considered it to be a rumor. If you have a link to a report of the first time her parents went to the police, I'd love to see it. From what I understand, the report was filed on the 11th, the same day the van was picked up. I do see a mention of being initially blown off the day before which would have been Friday, but 1 day before doesn't help to ease my aggravation on this point.

"Schmidt, who had not heard from Petito, 22, since Aug. 25, told the news outlet that police blew her off at first when she reported her daughter missing Friday after she tried to reach the Laundries." Gabby Petito's mom says daughter's beau, family ignored her desperate texts

If Brian is being charged for using her card wouldn’t he be charged with using her van without permission too? Makes me wonder if maybe it wasn’t somebody else’s card…

SECOND woman claims she picked up Brian Laundrie hitchhiking | Daily Mail Online

This gives the first hitchhiker's report more weight.....and given this lady reports taking him back to the area where the van was, from Jackson's Dam on the 29th. Also speaks to the theory he may have been running or creating alibis, but then headed back to the van instead for his drive home.
Something been nagging at me about those, the hitchiking makes sense for trying to alibi himself; however what if Gabby was still alive after what he did and he was going back and forth to see if she would recover from what happened? He realizes she won't survive and then runs home to mom and dad

Brian Laundrie: Gabby Petito's Fiancé Spotted at Canadian Hotel, Claims Flight Attendant [VIDEO]

I'm not sure if we are allowed to post sightings, but the resemblance in this one looks scarily close.
brian-laundrie.png

I have heard that and considered it to be a rumor. If you have a link to a report of the first time her parents went to the police, I'd love to see it. From what I understand, the report was filed on the 11th, the same day the van was picked up. I do see a mention of being initially blown off the day before which would have been Friday, but 1 day before doesn't help to ease my aggravation on this point.

"Schmidt, who had not heard from Petito, 22, since Aug. 25, told the news outlet that police blew her off at first when she reported her daughter missing Friday after she tried to reach the Laundries." Gabby Petito's mom says daughter's beau, family ignored her desperate texts

I'm not sure what the question is. The "blew her off" when Schmidt contacted the police is the attempted Missing Person report on the 10th, a Friday.

Some nagging questions and brainstorming.

Q. What is up with the trip back to Florida?
This was the first thing that struck me as very odd about this case and it is still mysterious. I first came to question this because I had read an article about her mom wanting to know where her stuff was at and questioning why he took a flight out in the middle of a long cross country "van life nomad" style trip. Shortly after I read this article, reports of police encounter came out with the dates about a week before this trip. It further cemented in my brain that this case was really mysterious. I heard his sister mention the flight home as well, and then I saw the note posted by her uncle mentioning "Brian back in Florida".

Q. Why was her family so very adamant that his parents knew where she was at?
The way her family has confronted his family and really their demeanor throughout strikes me as a family that suspects a lot more than what is being revealed publicly. I really want to avoid sounding disparaging of her family, but I just sense something is off with their posture towards the entire case from the beginning. Of course now that things have unfolded in such a terrible way their outrage is the dominating posture. It's just that I am really trying to wrap my head around given the facts we know now, and surely the family and LE knew early on in my first question, why did it take so long to officially confront his family and officially report her as missing? There is some cat and mouse going on for sure, but WHY?

Q. Why has his family treated her family as if they and her daughter never existed?
Granted, there is not so much we can brainstorm on here since we haven't heard a peep. I just cannot accept that given the words from his sister, the way she talked about her kids love for her, the fact that she lived with them, I just cannot accept that these people are that cold and ruthless. There just seems something very very wrong about the communication between these two families. Of course we know that the families did not communicate after the fact. We have no indication that there may have been some other reason for the coldness to exist. But, it just feels like it's not something that suddenly happened out of the blue. This coldness must have been developed over some time. Was her dad suspicious before the trip even began? Was there a reason to believe that she may have been in danger under his families roof long before?

These questions just nag me to pieces because I am struggling to accept the obvious narrative. Something about this case... something just seems so scripted about it. If that makes sense.

I hope the answers are coming, soon. For her sake, for her parents sake, and to bring justice to someone who at the very least thought it was a good idea to leave his supposed fiancé behind in the wilderness without her home and take her very limited resources.

IMO from what you have stated here it appears that G's family may not have approved of her relationship with B from the beginning. Perhaps G went against their wishes by moving to live with B and his family too.

Do you happen to have a link to that? The bit about police denying he went there? I believe I saw it reported or discussed?
Not understanding that person's narrative. Her father was cited for a social situation involving BL's parents address.

He wasn't successful at submitting a missing person report, that came from her mom in NY.

Yep, also possible. And even more horrible if she she suffered over a long period if true.
Something been nagging at me about those, the hitchiking makes sense for trying to alibi himself; however what if Gabby was still alive after what he did and he was going back and forth to see if she would recover from what happened? He realizes she won't survive and then runs home to mom and dad

UPDATE:
Rick Stafford, the Petito family’s attorney, said that the records shouldn’t be read to indicate some kind of exchange between Laundrie and Joseph Petito that day.“From what I understand, on September 10 is when Joe Petito called the North Port, [Florida] police department to report his daughter missing,” Mr Stafford told The Independent. “That whole day he was in Vero Beach, which was on the other side of the state. ““He’s never even been to Brian Laundrie’s house, and he’s never been on the block,” Mr Stafford added. “If there is a report, when that report comes out, it’s going to be the missing persons report that was taken over the phone from Joe to the North Port police department.”

Gabby Petito’s family lawyer casts doubt on ‘incident’ with father at Laundrie’s home

I'm wondering if Brian went back to FL with any marks on him from Gabby. If so, how did he explain that to his parents. Especially after he had some on his face the last time.

Usually if someone is found dead and skin under their nails, it's said to be from defense wounds.

It's possible that if they find skin under her nails, the defense may say she was the aggressor...again. :rolleyes:

crazy world we live in.

Not understanding that person's narrative. Her father was cited for a social situation involving BL's parents address.

He wasn't successful at submitting a missing person report, that came from her mom in NY.
Nearly everything but the time and address is redacted due to the open investigation, but the documents do link Joseph Petito to a police incident report involving the home where his daughter lived with Laundrie and his parents at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 10. The address came up twice on Sept. 11 for follow-up investigations.

Missing Gabby Petito's dad linked to Laundrie home incident report evening before daughter reported missing

Pretty weirdly worded isn't it? Well, if he had even driven past it he would have seen her van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat