Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"For what it's worth" - I think this is worth quite a lot! It establishes something to do with the Laundries' timelines. And the car really was "abandoned" at the park on the 14th. Anybody have any what any of them might have been doing on Balboa Terrace and Delmar Drive on the 18th?

Both streets are very close to the reserve……. And yesterday they seemed to kind of be focusing on the north side of 75 straight north of Delmar.

Attachments

• 5B0BD79F-AFD2-4672-899B-1AF9401B5AA1.jpeg
    5B0BD79F-AFD2-4672-899B-1AF9401B5AA1.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 29
There was a comment in the last thread about how Gabby has sparked a well needed conversation about DV across the nation. I just wanted to add (couldn’t before it closed lol) that I have friends with kids in Middle School who this week are discussing this case, the facts coming out and both DV & how to help if you’re a bystander who sees these things. So this isn’t just a National discussion among adults or groups who raise awareness for the general public. Her loss is driving discussions for younger crowds where we could make a big difference in the future of DV, how it’s seen and how it’s dealt with. It’s hurts my heart that it wasn’t there for her to see and help her get out, but it makes me hope that it gives her family some peace. I hope they see that who she was has drawn many others to her case and that had a domino effect resulting in amazing impact that we’re only beginning to witness.
GB’s kind and angelic spirit made her a target for someone who didn’t possess the emotional intelligence to love and appreciate that about her.

Okay so I know I’ve been bringing a lot of my thoughts on info this evening. But I can’t get this issue out of my mind since I am from Louisiana. I want to believe (and have believed) that BL was fully able to make the trip from where they were to Florida in approximately 48 hours? That’s the time frame I’ve been seeing on here. That yes, it’s possible…he could have done that…with no sleep, etc. But because I’m from Louisiana, I feel inclined to remind others of what we experienced during these key dates that he had been said to have been driving to Florida…Hurricane Ida. This storm was SLOW. It sat over us here in New Orleans for SO long which slowed it’s path down going into the rest of the country. I’m just wondering how BL was able to navigate around this B of a storm after doing what we believe he did do and make it back to Florida on the 1st? I have found the best radar loop of Ida to share with y’all. I would love to know everyone’s opinions with this wrench thrown into the situation. because it’s been steady on my mind with the dates so so close to the wrath of what we experienced down here. We’ve heard on here…sure, it’s possible He can drive without sleep…but can he do that thru a tropical storm?

as long as he steered clear of Alabama and parts of western Mississippi and extreme western panhandle Florida, then no problem at all. Might have even made his trip easier clearing traffic from the roads ahead of him in FL coming from I-10.

This is a great point to note the timeline tho, being from Gulf Coast of Florida myself, I hadn't made the connection in the timeline, but that's probably cause Ida was pretty much a nothing burger for Florida.

Hurricane Ida Storm Total Precipitation

Per Florida 705 notice says: NOTICE TO THE OWNER AND ALL PERSONS INTERESTED IN THE ATTACHED PROPERTY. This property, to wit: (setting forth brief description) is unlawfully upon public property known as (setting forth brief description of location) and must be removed within 5 days; otherwise, it will be removed and disposed of pursuant to chapter 705, Florida Statutes. The owner will be liable for the costs of removal, storage, and publication of notice. Dated this: (setting forth the date of posting of notice) , signed: (setting forth name, title, address, and telephone number of law enforcement officer) .

Soooo, really that kind of depends. 5 days is a bit of a window.

Perhaps to give the illusion that she was being left alone for periods of time where something could have happened to her at the hands of someone else?

And he explains that he left his fiancee in the woods alone/dead/missing and took her car how without calling the police how? It doesn't make sense. And so far, he hasn't even tried that for an alibi, so I discard it until such time that he ever does.

Retired banker here. It would be so risky to use a public computer to do any sort of financial transaction. Using public WiFi almost guarantees your financial info will be stolen. And many banks with online access will throw up roadblocks if they detect an unsecured computer trying to sign in. The parents might be desperate at this point though.

A tip. If you have no option but to do a transaction away from a secure WiFi, use your cellphone. Make sure you are connected to a cell network and not a Wifi. In Vegas I lectured my husband about transferring money on a tablet using the hotel WiFi.

I'm a retired banker, too. I was in the "back room" as a systems support/programmer person. And you're right -- banks do as much as they can to protect their customers' money WRT fraud, theft of funds, etc. There are a lot of safeguards, and they are quite sophisticated, but the account owner has to do his/her part. And yes, one way to risk losing your money is to use a Wifi device which is unsecured/unsafe.
People out there are smart and always on the lookout for free & easy money, and they know where to look and what to to.

I leave for a few hours and miss a thread and a half.

On the library trip, if whoever reported that knew they were there for 30 minutes and didn't even look at a book, they would have definitely known if they'd contacted somebody. My guess is they got there early, didn't have anywhere to go and wanted to avoid having to speak to anybody and that was the safest place to do it.

On another note: One redacted report — incident No. 21-053269, at 2:42 p.m. dated Sept. 14 — is filed as an abandoned vehicle report at the address of 6968 Reisterstown Road, in North Port, where the Mustang was left.

Also interesting in this article:
A third redacted report —incident No. 21-054246, at 11:22 p.m. dated Sept. 18 notes a “suspicious incident” at the intersection of Balboa Terrace and Delmar Drive in North Port.

Delmar Drive is a bit of a beaten trail of a road that drags along Big Slough in the middle of North Port. There are no homes on Delmar Drive; and only a handful along Balboa Terrance.

For whatever that's worth....
Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family
Is it possible they (NPPD) were following him and knew he left the car there and therefore they might have tagged it for removal for towing? Would they have been legally able to follow him on foot into the preserve / reserve? (sorry I keep getting that confused.)

He didn't need his phone, he had burners. He wanted to leave all appearances that he was going to hurt himself. MOO. He has OBSESSED over too many books on subjects like this that he had ideas of what to do.

I don’t think he’s going to hurt himself. He likes books about trickery, deception, and slight of hand. He’s playing a game. His parents aren’t acting like he’s missing or dead, I think they know where he is and are helping him.

As for using Gabby’s card, the coroner was able to figure out a time of death and LE knows he knew she was dead when he used her card.

Last edited:
So forgive me for going into detail here but if you have built a websites before your familiar with them and how to do it. I create missing person flyers when loved ones request them and sometimes I spend an upwards of 6+ hours on creating a flyer that would likely appear to be basic for someone else. If I use a template I have already created I spend a minimum of 2 hours placing things just right.

I have only attempted to create a video once in my life and wanted it to be perfect. It was less than 5 minutes long and it took me several days of working on it with no less than 30 hours I had put into it.

Really? A couple of hours here and there? Not for any website I've built. But probably not hundreds of hours either (although I'm working on three right now, and it's pretty clear that I've spent about 15-20 hours on each one...and have a long way to go).

How about passport?
Where is BL? Million dollar question. The FBI knows so much more than all of us could possibly imagine at this point.

If I were in FL and I had a four day headstart to disappear myself before the Law could catch up with me there is only one place I could possibly think to go. Cuba. Forgive me if this has already been suggested. I haven't read even half the posts in the last 24 hours.

Yes, they are spending tremendous resources searching for him in the FL wilderness. They must have a very good reason to be doing that. The only reason I can think of BL going there is to die. Pick your poison.

But if I wanted to live, I would have begged, borrowed, stole, sold drugs, and done whatever it took to get as much cash as quickly as possible. Make my way to the FL Keys (camping trip with mom and dad?), hire some unsuspecting poor boat owner (there are a lot of poor boat owners living on their boats in the Keys) and pay them a nice chunk of change to sail me 90 miles. Now would that boat owner talk? There are a bunch of secrets in the Keys and the boat owner would be knee deep in Federal legal kimchi over their little boat trip.

Cuba loves American "tourists" AND dollars. He was not yet on the worldwide radar. Visa on arrival by boat. Take a bus to the middle of nowhere to a small town and go incognito till its time to grab a bus to another small town and rent another room from a poor family that is thrilled to have a dollar spending American.

We are not exactly as a country on the best of terms with Cuba right now so it is unlikely they would put out an isla wide APB for a Norte Americano. He would not be the first fugitive from US justice to make Cuba his/her home.

Assata Shakur - Wikipedia
Why do people keep suggesting Cuba? I have been to Cuba, it was not easy to get a visa and I am not American, and believe or not when I was there, there were very few Americans. Canadians, Brits, Europeans of all countries, but hardly any Americans. Cubans like British quid more than dollars. Worth more.

And her parents are divorced and living across the country from each other. She may have told her mother something she did not tell her father. The question of course is where was BL?
That doesn't excuse her father not knowing by the time they talked and filed the Missing Person's reports.

There's nothing on the website but one image. I find it hard to believe they worked all day on it.
The homepage on Gabby’s website is a password protected landing page. People do that when their website is “under construction,” & they aren’t ready to go public with it yet. With it being password protected, we wouldn’t be able to see what it really looked like without the password. Sorry if this has been answered! I’m trying to catch up on all the posts, & I do this with my own website so I figured I’d comment

ETA: it posted my draft & not the finished post. I edited & finished my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redjanmarie