Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I was listening to WFLA news. They said that even though it is a federal arrest warrant. They can't arrest the parents based on the jurisdiction of the state for helping him
I heard that too, but if they assisted him in what is a FEDERAL CRIMINAL case, I don't understand why it matters that they live in Fla.??? ALTHEA?? What do you think??

The fact that he was in possession of her debit/credit card seals it for me. He can't claim she just ran off somewhere. She would have taken her $/cards with her. JMO

Yeah, I agree, but depends on if he can prove if it was joint or majority was his money. I get it was in her name and so was the van, but if he can prove he was the only one who used the card, or he regularly did or that there were 2 cards and he possessed one, and he made deposits in it, he could beyond reasonable doubt show that its not a smoking gun that it seems. Yes, he would get done for fraud, no doubt about that. But murder? They need a lot more.

In my eyes, the card indicates guilt. But also, I travelled the middle east with my best friend. Her card we used day to day, and mine left in the hotel safe. I deposit cash into her card, and used it freely. Seems odd, but if she went missing and I showed how this is how we managed our money, they would need more to get me on murder

They just have to say the answer is incriminate which most of the relevant info is. Or that they do not remember. If I were prosecuter give them immunity which would force answers or incrimate them. They may prefer to lie and help son at that point anyways however. It’s always dicey dealing with parents
To me, I think there are some choices to be made in the 'immunity' thing. Do they more so want the answers... or do they more so want prosecution/conviction/judgement. If they really want answers/information, immunity for everyone is a no brainer. If the goal is prosecution/conviction/judgement, then coming to grips with not getting answers/information may have to be conceded.

Yesterday I was listening to WFLA news. They said that even though it is a federal arrest warrant. They can't arrest the parents based on the jurisdiction of the state for helping him
I heard that too, but if they assisted him in what is a FEDERAL CRIMINAL case, I don't understand why it matters that they live in Fla.??? ALTHEA?? What do you think??

The fact that he was in possession of her debit/credit card seals it for me. He can't claim she just ran off somewhere. She would have taken her $/cards with her. JMO

True. But he could claim he took her cards and left her because they had a fight, and when he left her she was alive. That would be theft at the most, right? MOO

Price might be nothing for an attorney. To me, $50 is $50 but to an attorney, maybe not. Besides, when I worked for a law firm I think it goes in with the billing to the client (attorneys/legal ws folks please correct me if this is no longer the case, this was 20 years ago for me).

I was wondering why Orlando of all places anyway, and realized that they didn't do it virtual in case they were being tapped somehow. I wondered why they were meeting with the attorney and they must have gotten told that the warrant would be issued (not yesterday, but with enough time for the attorney to book a flight and get down to Florida). And I'm sure they were being followed by unmarked LE cars to the attorneys office and back. Not to mention the media was high tailing them and got them in Orlando - even though I hate thinking Daily Mail is truly media.

It might have been a convenient place for everyone to get together, including, possibly, their attorney from NY, local Florida counsel, and a rep from the US Attorney's office, of which there is one in Orlando.

I think BL is too much of a<modsnip> to kill himself. He had no problem with abusing his girlfriend for years (so it seems), taking her things, taking her money even after she died. IMO he blames her for this "mess" too. She made him mad, she made him kill her and now he has to run and hide because of her. That's the guy I see. Users and abusers like that don't kill themselves. They also don't take responsibility for anything and minimize their actions as much as they can.

Yeah I could be wrong and I might be basing too much of this on my own father (my parents got together after high school, young love like GP and BL, and my father abused my mother from the start, in every way and on the few occasions he threatened suicide it was to gain control / get things / etc. never because he truly wanted it).

I think BL is alive and I think his parents know where he went.

What I don't understand is why people are only just coming forward NOW about it.

Does that not seem suspicious to you!? This case has been making the news worldwide for 2 weeks now.

It just seems slightly odd to me that someone would only just recall that they picked up BL at the time this all happened..

JMO

Many folks don’t watch/read the news. I don’t. If I wasn’t addicted to Websleuths I wouldn’t know about this either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Her Orangeness