Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this in a previous thread but want to re-up it due to the conversation coming back full circle here.

I find the bodycam footage from 14:25 to 14:44 to be very interesting and confusing.

“She got a little worked up and she had her phone in her hands and her keys and everything — no not her keys, her rings — she had her rings, her phone, and I was holding on to the keys because I didn’t want her to go anywhere. My big fear is I don’t have my phone and I don’t really, I don’t have a phone, so if she goes off without me I’m on my own.”

1- Did he just mean his phone was in the car so if she drove off he wouldn’t have it? Because at 55:24 he takes his phone out of his pocket….so I assume he couldn’t have meant he didn’t *have* a phone…?

2- The keys/rings confusion made me do a second take. Could that story be a little backwards, and he was sort-of projecting *her* fear that he would leave her stranded (as the other police record states that she was afraid he would leave without her) and twisting that, gaslighting in a way, as if that was his fear, instead? Perhaps she did have the keys first and he grabbed them from her and threatened to leave which caused her to start freaking out.

I just find that fishy, and am just trying to make sense of that language, because it immediately seemed deflective/defensive/over-explanatory to me (MOO), and upon further review still feels a little ‘off’ when I continue to listen back. Like he couldn’t get his story straight. It was the FIRST discrepancy I noticed when I listened to the video and it stuck out to me immediately.

It could also be a simple innocent mixup of words in a stressful situation with police.

This is a tactic the authorities are using to see which parent will blink first. Yesterday some random individual places picture (s) on the Laundries tree, then there was some gunshot heard around the area, now today Dog shows up at the POI home. These are all low key tactics to make the parents paranoid to get them to talk. Oh it will escalate if they continue their silence.

Trust me on this Dog is washed up, if I needed help finding/hunting down a perp Id go to Leland. Heck since the reward offer came out I wouldn't doubt if there are bounty hunters tracking the POI BL.

IMO I take this to mean, he has a cell phone, but not an active cell service. He uses it for internet via wifi or hotspot. He might use a free service like Google talk or Text Now via wifi.
That is why he was concerned about GP "leaving him and taking her phone, bc then he would be totally stranded" No wifi(hotspot) to connect to outside world.

I thought he mumbled something about only being able to text on his phone. Is that possible? I'm not very knowledgeable about all the different phones.

But you have completely ignored that the first call described them man hitting and slapping the woman. You have left out where the male was all palled up and laughing when he called GP crazy and when he sympathized because he had had a 'toxic' exwife.
I totally get what you are saying. ... but no i will not ignore the love bombing....it's been itching at me forever the 'bro' thing....I can tell you he did say she was 'crazy' as LE was walking after they asked about medications. Yes, but I did not hear them refer to the call in totality in the Moab stop , and please maybe i totally missed it when they speak of two witnesses. What I heard was LE saying he spoke to ONE witness. And i'm willing to correct myself if i'm wrong. And, I was equally taken aback and disgusted , by all of the conversation in the cruiser on the way to the hotel. And for quite a while, I did not know they did try to find her a hotel.
My point was simply to illustrate that IMHO it was a tough call, and i'm not saying the whole video should not be scrutinized and used for training. I just gave LE a bad rap for a while and felt I needed to amend my previous thoughts about it being a total miss. Last, as i've said, I think there was an additional 2 weeks after this stop and this stop probably had less to do with GP's death than i first thought. I'm not giving BL a pass here.

MSM reports that Gabby's parents say this. We do not know independently of that.
Agreed. This is what I was thinking as well. Now that Gabby has been confirmed to be deceased, if BL's parents have been stating that BL had returned to move *Gabby's* things to a storage unit, wouldn't survivorship laws indicate that her things now belonged to her parents (regardless of whether her things were in a storage unit or elsewhere - & assuming Gabby didn't have a Will)? If so, shouldn't Gabby's parents be able to compel BL's parents to make Gabby's possessions accessible to Gabby's parents? If I were Gabby's family, I'd be pushing for that. I'd want access to anything she had where she may have kept a journal or had any other records that may provide some sort of clues, as well as want to know if there really was a storage unit they moved her stuff into.

RSBM
Reminds me, @borndem, of the North Woods Hermit, that made national news. The guy was a hermit for 27 years in northern Maine. He suddenly left his home and walked into the woods at the age of 20, not seen or heard from until arrested. He lived in an elaborate and hidden compound he created and stole provisions from houses. This article I picked out has a more psycho-social focus to it, as we may see some similarities between the famous hermit and BL. In other words, what is the long game?

‘North Pond Hermit’: Choosing to spend life in isolation

Or a la James Troy Knapp...
Utah's fugitive 'Mountain Man,' who long hid in wild, headed to prison

Is there verified proof of anything regarding Brian Laundrie flying home, dealing with a storage unit, and flying back out? Any confirmation of any of those details? What about any confirmed sightings of him when he returned in Gabby’s van? I know what we have “heard”, but any actual confirmation?
AFAIK, we don't even really have solid confirmation that the trip happened. The closest we have are three second-hand reports, two from Gabby's family who only know what she told them (and who knows what she could have told them to cover for him), and they seem sort of hazy on the details, and then we have this puzzling comment from his sister: "I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that."

I doubt that his sister's sentence would have been, "I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is moving things out of storage," if she had finished her thought.

MOO

I find this one of the more intriguing questions. For some reason, I doubt he has a passport (and no chance of getting one now). But if he does have a passport, I do think there are (illegal) ways for him to flee the US to either Canada or Mexico. I think Canada would be prompt in catching him if he tried to fly out of Canada though. So he'd have to go on the lam. In Mexico, he could keep traveling south and would probably find a local airport (I can think of a couple) where he could catch a flight (Cuba won't work - need very specific visas to board a plan or ship to Cuba) or get on a ship (better idea).

(Long post follow...TL;DR...there are several ways to get a fake passport).

I know someone who fled the US and joined the Merchant Marines in Panama. He used his regular ID, no one checked. He lived that way for 2 years before deciding to come back (statute of limitations had run out - it was a fairly minor crime compared to this). I know another person who went illegally into Mexico and couldn't get back (US denied him entry due to various reasons) and spent a year in a legal battle to prove he really wasn't intentionally breaking the law and was in fact a US citizen. I know someone who had a passport already and walked over the border and flew from Juarez Intl to someplace in Europe, where he lived for a year. He was not wanted by LE, but he was attempting to avoid all contact with his parents over a specific situation. I could keep going. As an anthropologist with experience in Mexico and specifically in border towns, these people (or their families) have contacted me for help - I know some people in the FBI who have helped me understand the in's and out's of some of this. This is not an exhaustive list of people I know who have fled.

Getting a new identity is not that difficult if you know a few criminals. Heck, four houses away from me, two people were busted for procuring fake identification. And at one DMV in California, people were busted for accepting bribes to issue fake ID's. In Downtown LA, you can buy them if you know what you're doing. My own identity was stolen about a decade ago, which I found out when I didn't receive my DL renewal notice (someone had changed my address for me and had a replacement DL sent to Texas, where they were also using my credit card from time to time - the bank merely reimbursed me, the DMV asked me for proof of address and reissued the right license - to me; now I have it calendared when I'm supposed to get the renewal notice!)

(I believe the renewal notice was stolen from my mailbox and that we have the person on camera, but the time/date stamp was not correct and the police had no interest in viewing that video whatsoever - they told me to get a locking mailbox, which we did).

Of course, I've lived all my life in a big metropolitan area, so my experiences are not all that unusual. My ex-husband had his identity stolen early in his university years (by. someone with the same name) and unknown to him, that person got a CA DL using his name and my ex's current address - while using his own birth certificate). It was a nightmare getting it straightened out. The guy was wanted for a few property crimes - we found that out when we were screened for a rental and told that my ex was a criminal - not true!)

Someone tried to steal my dad's identity (older people are victims of this all the time) and got a copy of dad's SS card. Once a person gets one valid piece of idea, the next one is easier to get. Actual passports are hard to counterfeit but those passport cards are not so hard - and those can be purchased.

All that being said, a person has to be a determined criminal and of a criminal mind to do this. Seeing no evidence that Brian or his parents fall into the category, I am assuming he'll hide out in the US for a long time. He can hitchhike. He can change his appearance. He probably looks nothing like the photos being shown everywhere on SM at this point in time.

From Mexico and all Caribbean and Central American countries I'm aware of, if you have a US passport all you need to fly to Cuba is a "Cuban Visiter's Card" (I don't remember the exact name of it) that can be purchased at the airline check-in desk. When I flew from Cancun to Havana I think it cost $25. At Cuban immigration you just present your passport and the card.

Now flying from the US is a little more paperwork involved.

I do think it's important to remember on this board to remember that he's only wanted for bank fraud at this time. I'm also discussing this in the context that he and his family seem to be doing a lot of self-harm possibly due to poor legal representation where for instance it's been asked if the family lawyer could himself face charges. It's been the actions of him and his family that have made him look guilty rather than any specific evidence from the crime scene that has come out.
BBM. That we know of. I am pretty sure that the expensive search going on for him is not over bank fraud.

Y’all I feel like I’m going crazy. Why can’t I find the full unedited version of the Cassie Laundrie interview online, only the transcript, but the video has pieces cut out? I swear I’d seen it in full previously. If anyone can find it, I want to clear up what she said about the flight to see if the language in the transcript is correct regarding the word “is”

I thought he had a mark on his face where she struck him with her phone.

He did. Also scratches on right side of his neck, and nails marks on his left side and red mark on his right arm. She had a scratch and red mark on right side of jaw. LE took photos.

That is why LE came to the conclusion that did, and of course the matching statements by Gabby and Brian. Brian also admitted to them BOTH getting physical.

It is a long video, and we have in and out listening...so helps to view multiple times or you miss things.

I find this one of the more intriguing questions. For some reason, I doubt he has a passport (and no chance of getting one now). But if he does have a passport, I do think there are (illegal) ways for him to flee the US to either Canada or Mexico. I think Canada would be prompt in catching him if he tried to fly out of Canada though. So he'd have to go on the lam. In Mexico, he could keep traveling south and would probably find a local airport (I can think of a couple) where he could catch a flight (Cuba won't work - need very specific visas to board a plan or ship to Cuba) or get on a ship (better idea).

(Long post follow...TL;DR...there are several ways to get a fake passport).

I know someone who fled the US and joined the Merchant Marines in Panama. He used his regular ID, no one checked. He lived that way for 2 years before deciding to come back (statute of limitations had run out - it was a fairly minor crime compared to this). I know another person who went illegally into Mexico and couldn't get back (US denied him entry due to various reasons) and spent a year in a legal battle to prove he really wasn't intentionally breaking the law and was in fact a US citizen. I know someone who had a passport already and walked over the border and flew from Juarez Intl to someplace in Europe, where he lived for a year. He was not wanted by LE, but he was attempting to avoid all contact with his parents over a specific situation. I could keep going. As an anthropologist with experience in Mexico and specifically in border towns, these people (or their families) have contacted me for help - I know some people in the FBI who have helped me understand the in's and out's of some of this. This is not an exhaustive list of people I know who have fled.

Getting a new identity is not that difficult if you know a few criminals. Heck, four houses away from me, two people were busted for procuring fake identification. And at one DMV in California, people were busted for accepting bribes to issue fake ID's. In Downtown LA, you can buy them if you know what you're doing. My own identity was stolen about a decade ago, which I found out when I didn't receive my DL renewal notice (someone had changed my address for me and had a replacement DL sent to Texas, where they were also using my credit card from time to time - the bank merely reimbursed me, the DMV asked me for proof of address and reissued the right license - to me; now I have it calendared when I'm supposed to get the renewal notice!)

(I believe the renewal notice was stolen from my mailbox and that we have the person on camera, but the time/date stamp was not correct and the police had no interest in viewing that video whatsoever - they told me to get a locking mailbox, which we did).

Of course, I've lived all my life in a big metropolitan area, so my experiences are not all that unusual. My ex-husband had his identity stolen early in his university years (by. someone with the same name) and unknown to him, that person got a CA DL using his name and my ex's current address - while using his own birth certificate). It was a nightmare getting it straightened out. The guy was wanted for a few property crimes - we found that out when we were screened for a rental and told that my ex was a criminal - not true!)

Someone tried to steal my dad's identity (older people are victims of this all the time) and got a copy of dad's SS card. Once a person gets one valid piece of idea, the next one is easier to get. Actual passports are hard to counterfeit but those passport cards are not so hard - and those can be purchased.

All that being said, a person has to be a determined criminal and of a criminal mind to do this. Seeing no evidence that Brian or his parents fall into the category, I am assuming he'll hide out in the US for a long time. He can hitchhike. He can change his appearance. He probably looks nothing like the photos being shown everywhere on SM at this point in time.

DBM. Double post.

Last edited:
AFAIK, we don't even really have solid confirmation that the trip happened. The closest we have are three second-hand reports, two from Gabby's family who only know what she told them (and who knows what she could have told them to cover for him), and they seem sort of hazy on the details, and then we have this puzzling comment from his sister: "I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that."

I doubt that his sister's sentence would have been, "I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is moving things out of storage," if she had finished her thought.

MOO

I'm finishing the sister's sentence with when he is "travelling alone"

This is a tactic the authorities are using to see which parent will blink first. Yesterday some random individual places picture (s) on the Laundries tree, then there was some gunshot heard around the area, now today Dog shows up at the POI home. These are all low key tactics to make the parents paranoid to get them to talk. Oh it will escalate if they continue their silence.

Trust me on this Dog is washed up, if I needed help finding/hunting down a perp Id go to Leland. Heck since the reward offer came out I wouldn't doubt if there are bounty hunters tracking the POI BL.
If the parents were wise they'd leave on an extended vacation and not let anyone know where they're going.

Hello.
Someone earlier in this thread mentioned funeral information for tomorrow so I looked it up. Oh my gosh, you guys. I googled Moloneyfh.com (the funeral home) then entered Gabby's last name in the search box on their site. There is a 28 minute video of Gabby's life in pictures. You won't believe how sad and beautiful. What a short life but so well lived. Seemed the family went to so many wonderful places together. And Gabby, so sweet, so beautiful. What I especially noticed was her dad's face in so many pictures - you can see the love, the pride. So tragic.
Sorry I can't figure out how to link on this device.
Please check it out.

I disagree th 'authorities' would have sent D.
why would they need to do that?
They've got the entire FBI resources at their disposal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l