Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that wasn’t what I meant. I wondered if there was any chance that her stomach contents, even though they were visually indeterminate, could still be identified by DNA testing—so, for example, they could determine whether her last meal was pulled pork, (presumably at the Merry Piglet,) or peanut-butter and apples, (presumably a snack after the previous meal had passed out of her system.) Examples invented at random.

I don’t remember having read anything about using DNA in that sort of way, but I’m sure that in theory it could be done, unless the passage of time was too long.

All this just my questions and speculations.
Sorry I jumped the gun on your question. I thought you were asking if HER DNA would change. jmo

This whole extreme situation, aside it’s tragedy and sadness and shocking circumstances, is just so nuts, just insane. From finding out he drove her van back, to his parents not replying to her loved ones, to the circumstances of the homicide and the witnesses coming forward, to the insanely huge worldwide following across all forms of press to the massive intensity of the search at one single inhospitable place to the library to the Dog the Bounty Hunter coming a knocking. I mean really this whole thing is staggering

No, that wasn’t what I meant. I wondered if there was any chance that her stomach contents, even though they were visually indeterminate, could still be identified by DNA testing—so, for example, they could determine whether her last meal was pulled pork, (presumably at the Merry Piglet,) or peanut-butter and apples, (presumably a snack after the previous meal had passed out of her system.) Examples invented at random.

I don’t remember having read anything about using DNA in that sort of way, but I’m sure that in theory it could be done, unless the passage of time was too long.

Sorry I jumped the gun on your question. I thought you were asking if HER DNA would change. jmo

Is there verified proof of anything regarding Brian Laundrie flying home, dealing with a storage unit, and flying back out? Any confirmation of any of those details? What about any confirmed sightings of him when he returned in Gabby’s van? I know what we have “heard”, but any actual confirmation?
We can only discuss MSM articles.
LE does not provide this kind of confirmation to internet sleuths.

Unlike in state courts, if you are admitted into any federal court, you can apply for admission pro hac vice ("for the case only") in another federal court. So if his NY lawyer is admitted to the Southern or Eastern District of New York federal courts, he could apply to appear in the District of Wyoming federal court as long as he has a local lawyer who sponsors him.

It is more work because you would have to do legal research into the state of the case law in the District of Wyoming but it happens way more often in federal courts than state court.

There is a separate issue of bar ethics rules that say you have to be "competent" to represent your client in any particular matter. You can gain competency by studying and taking continuing legal education classes or by partnering with someone who is competent. So it would be questionable to take a case suddenly outside of your practice area but it's up to you to decide if you feel competent to represent your client.

On your last point, you work at the pleasure and direction of your client. You can give your client advice and counsel - that is what they are paying you for - but your client has to make the decisions. They can fire you at any point. If your client refuses to listen to you and refuses to take your advice, you have to consider if the relationship has broken down beyond repair where you are not adequately representing them. But again, you can't force your client to do any thing and it would be unethical to try to do that. You either deal with it or quit.

For anything other than the most minimal, perfunctory appearance, there is no way their [known/believed to be known] attorney should step foot in D.Wy. alone.

Dog and his new “wife” need to stop turning this into more of a circus than it already is.

On another note, I wonder how many people like myself aren’t voting on the thread poll about BL’s location because “deceased” is not an option?
Well like I said earlier, if he's deceased, he is somewhere. If you think he's deceased, where?

Thank you for sharing this, I had not read the detention order. Has the media or any other outlet focused on him being a danger to others? I seriously, obviously, could have missed it....

MSM has quoted LEO's that say he could be danger to himself or society.

I would surmise that is why law enforcement is spending more than $200,000 a day hunting for him.

There is nothing more painful than realizing as a verbally abused person that people will always buy the story of the manipulative abuser. Your own family will believe the abuser. Until you’ve stood in front of one of these soulless demons you can’t know how demoralized and defenseless you become. They find your most painful buttons and push them hard and often so you will react and they can laugh as you cry, or defend yourself. The are high on the power to make you sad or angry. The tears are like drugs to these people. If GP hated his dirty feet messing up the van you can be sure he did it every single time. It’s a game for them.

So true IMO. BL literally did laugh while she was crying during that Utah police stop.
He showed no concern for her other than curiosity as to what she was telling the cops about HIM.

That in itself was a big red flag.

Is there verified proof of anything regarding Brian Laundrie flying home, dealing with a storage unit, and flying back out? Any confirmation of any of those details? What about any confirmed sightings of him when he returned in Gabby’s van? I know what we have “heard”, but any actual confirmation?
No there isn't. No PROOF that has been released to the public. No information regarding the trip beyond the comments of family members.

I have no problem believing B flew home to Florida for a week for some unknown reason.
why not?
She was safe in a nice hotel with a lot of work to do.
It's only a problem if he took her possessions, van keys or and wallet..

I wasn't saying people couldn't believe it. I'm just trying to find out if it's fact.

This whole extreme situation, aside it’s tragedy and sadness and shocking circumstances, is just so nuts, just insane. From finding out he drove her van back, to his parents not replying to her loved ones, to the circumstances of the homicide and the witnesses coming forward, to the insanely huge worldwide following across all forms of press to the massive intensity of the search at one single inhospitable place to the library to the Dog the Bounty Hunter coming a knocking. I mean really this whole thing is staggering
It's a tad wild, okay..

I'm sure LE has a darn good reason to continue their extensive search of the swamp land, but it's not adding up for me. I think he hi-tailed it out, with assistance. I could be wrong of course...

Amateur opinion and speculation

From an article published in Nature:

“Stomach content analyses are a valuable tool in human forensic science to interpret perimortem events. While the identification of food components of plant and animal origin has traditionally been conducted by macro- and microscopical approaches in case of incomplete digestion, molecular methods provide the potential to increase sensitivity and taxonomic resolution. In particular, DNA metabarcoding (PCR-amplification and next generation sequencing of complex DNA mixtures) has seen a rapid growth in the field of wildlife ecology to assess species’ diets from faecal and gastric samples. Despite clear advantages, molecular approaches have not yet been established in routine human forensics to investigate the last meal components of deceased persons. In this pilot study we applied for the first time a DNA metabarcoding approach to assess both plant and vertebrate components of 48 human stomach content samples taken during medicolegal autopsies. We obtained a final dataset with 34 vertebrate and 124 vegetal unique sequences, that were clustered to 9 and 33 operational taxonomic units (OTUs), respectively. Our results suggest that this approach can provide crucial information about circumstances preceding death, and open promising perspectives for biomedical dietary surveys based on digested food items found in the gastrointestinal tract.”

Comprehensive coverage of human last meal components revealed by a forensic DNA metabarcoding approach | Scientific Reports

How serious was the engagement? I’ve seen someone post the couple’s engagement photo on this site. However, GP was not wearing an engagement ring. Did he even buy her one? Were they actually engaged or was he just dreaming that a girl like GP would actually agree to marry him?

Excellent question, and I've wondered the same. No obvious engagement ring which I'm sure Gabby would have photographed/videoed and commented about on social media. I have never known of a woman who was engaged not want to flash her ring! Becoming engaged is a magical and memorable moment in a woman's life.

That said, where would BL get money for an engagement ring when he wasn't gainfully employed?

Last edited:
This is the height of being disrespectful to the situation, IMO. Dog the bounty hunter at the home uninvited, walking to the home and pausing for the media cameras.

(Stills from video at link below.)
View attachment 314611 View attachment 314613 View attachment 314612

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1441859583337771008?s=20
I walk away for half an hour and Dog The Bounty Hunter is actually at the Laundrie house?! This is officially a circus. I didn't think he was ACTUALLY going to physically get involved.

I like that Dog the Bounty Hunter showing up and the parents refusing to see him further exposes the parents' charades and deception. If their son is truly "missing" then why not speak to a man who is very adept at finding missing people and would probably offer his services for free. Also, as a bonus, you just know there were frantic calls to the attorney, and thus more billable hours $$$.

just my opinion

A few years ago, Dog came to my community and my daughter, who is in law enforcement, said it was the biggest fiasco. The actual police found the guy and then Dog came in and acted like he did.

Maybe he doesn't use the same MO everywhere, but LE here was not impressed.

For anything other than the most minimal, perfunctory appearance, there is no way their [known/believed to be known] attorney should step foot in D.Wy. alone.

I agree, I would have referred it out the day I got the call. I am thinking maybe this is a close personal friend and he's thinking more like a friend than a lawyer. I have some long-term clients that want me involved in their issues even when they have very competent, specialized counsel. They just feel like I will be looking out for their best interests since we've worked together for a decade. It can be awkward but it's like a safety net or a security blanket. I have been tough on SB but it's possible the Laundries are the ones insisting that he represent them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper