Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame JB from WFLA lol he read a comment on live stream the other day from someone saying dog should come out

JB is doing an amazing job and it appears he’s having a lot of influence on the public’s response to this case. He discussed why there hadn’t been a reward offered for information…and the next day…boom…reward offered. Then discusses Dog…and boom…he appears.

jmo

I sure hope he doesn't get in the way of anything. I also don't see what he can do here... it's not like the stuff he did on his show (embarrassed to admit I watched it regularly a long time ago). However, if he doesn't get in the way but DOES annoy the Laundries, perhaps it's another level of pressure to stir them up q bit into talking or slipping up, assuming they know where he is.
Yes. If I lived in that house I would need a lot of Xanax and I would be very tempted to tell everything I knew just to make even half of it stop. They are essentially imprisoned in their home. And even when they go somewhere else they may as well have ankle monitors on because LE is going to follow them.

I think she had gotten serious about growing a social media presence with the long-term goal of becoming a professional travel writer, and he couldn't deal with the idea of her having her own hopes and dreams.

I am leaning the other way.

I think they were discouraged that the followers were not as many as they hoped and were doubting their abilities to live on the road. Living off social media followers while on, what looks like, a permanent vacation is an addictive dream that rarely materializes. It had to be a low point for both of them.

I imagine one of them wanted to give up and the other wanted to continue.

I don't think she was afraid of him. Reading the transcript from early in the stop with LE, she was hitting him while he drove. LE asked her if she was trying to harm him. I don't think the light physicality while arguing was always one way.

I believe the overnight break did not ease the tension that was growing and the deterioration of their relationship due to their dream fading. I think the fighting escalated and once again turn physical by both until rage took it too far.

Media is supposed to stay off their property. Or is it just camera set-ups? I guess a pizza driver could deliver tho, so what are the rules?

I'm pretty sure a bounty hunter is allowed to knock as long as he's not harassing them. But some bounty hunters have in the past kicked down doors and drug out suspects/fugitives. But he's NOt gonna do that on live tv! I don't think so! I think in Texas Dog could enter w permission with handcuffs and a gun.

A Florida attorney can chime in this is what I found:
"As a general rule, they can enter the fugitive's property, but not anyone else's. ... Part of this agreement allows a bounty hunter to enter your property to re-arrest you if you attempt to escape. They do not, however, have the right to enter a third party's residence without permission, even if the fugitive is inside."
Blog | Bail and Bail Bondsmen Explained | Half Down Bail Bonds | CALL NOW: 703-369-5555

From an article published in Nature:

“Stomach content analyses are a valuable tool in human forensic science to interpret perimortem events. While the identification of food components of plant and animal origin has traditionally been conducted by macro- and microscopical approaches in case of incomplete digestion, molecular methods provide the potential to increase sensitivity and taxonomic resolution. In particular, DNA metabarcoding (PCR-amplification and next generation sequencing of complex DNA mixtures) has seen a rapid growth in the field of wildlife ecology to assess species’ diets from faecal and gastric samples. Despite clear advantages, molecular approaches have not yet been established in routine human forensics to investigate the last meal components of deceased persons. In this pilot study we applied for the first time a DNA metabarcoding approach to assess both plant and vertebrate components of 48 human stomach content samples taken during medicolegal autopsies. We obtained a final dataset with 34 vertebrate and 124 vegetal unique sequences, that were clustered to 9 and 33 operational taxonomic units (OTUs), respectively. Our results suggest that this approach can provide crucial information about circumstances preceding death, and open promising perspectives for biomedical dietary surveys based on digested food items found in the gastrointestinal tract.”

Comprehensive coverage of human last meal components revealed by a forensic DNA metabarcoding approach | Scientific Reports

Thank you! That’s exactly what I was looking for! So, as of April 2021, not routine, but possible. (Again, assuming that the DNA hadn’t been totally destroyed.)

I clearly have no idea. I so wish we had phone and text details....but can hypothesize an scenario.

Maybe, maybe they called it quits. None of us truly know the deal they had together with the van...maybe it really was more of HIS thing. He told the body cam guys it was his idea, I am not saying I believe that, just that he said it.

They MAY have agreed to separate, maybe they both think her Yellowstone friend is going to pick her up and she has a trip home together with that gal. She stays with Yellowstone friend once home in FL while they sort out everything else. Brian goes hiking to spend time up in his own head, he comes back, she is gone, he is worried not realizing she was THAT serious! Waits around....no texts, no calls, no Gabby. He drives home having NO idea that she has been killed while he was out processing this on his own.

I can imagine that they may have co-mingled their funds and, while clearly technically illegal, it may not have occurred to him this was theft. He just wanted to go home, the trip was a bust and he lost the love of his life. Not trying to trigger outrage here, it is only a very, very remote, but possible scenario that I am putting forth.

He goes about his business at home until her parents start reaching out-maybe on the same day that the missing persons "incident" with the LE and Gabby's dad are connected to happens- and then, since he knows exactly what was supposed to happen, realizes she didn't end up where she was supposed to and all of a sudden they get word that the police are asking about a missing person and they get a lawyer because he knows they are on tape from MOAB, where Gabby was nearly charged and thrown in jail and no one trusts anyone anymore, especially seemingly innocent LE involvement.

This is JUST again a very very remote possibility....I would be thrilled to have it ruled out with something I may be missing.

...ok are you a defense lawyer????? :cool:

You keep driving- there are signs at the state borders, maybe a rest stop or visitor center but there’s no border stops or anything. The only exception I know of is the produce stop coming into California. I don’t know anything official about them/ the laws that are being upheld. But you are stopped driving into California to be asked about having any plants, produce, maybe seeds?
Forgot about that! It’s been 20 years or so, but I lived in Reno for 12 years and made frequent road trips to the Bay Area. Also many trips from Texas to SoCal. Always had to stop at those agricultural border stations entering California. Separate lanes for cars and big rigs.
CDFA - Plant Health - Pest Exclusion - California Border Protection Stations Faqs

The hotel stay is within a week of her death. It's definitely a problem if he took her van, wallet or keys. I can also see it being problematic if he's getting her to spend her money on a hotel when she might have that money designated for the rest of the trip. She seems to have more money than him at this point. Making her spend her money is a tactic to make her equally broke as him and takes some of her power away.
It could be a problem. But also likely not to be. She’s in a National chain hotel with telephone available right near the airport and from what I’ve read, she had the van. She could charge whatever to her room , call friends and family, ask for help. Any of them could have flown out to her or sent her a ticket and she’d be right with them. She was not endangered while she was in the hotel and he was in Florida. She was endangered when BL returned

JB is doing an amazing job and it appears he’s having a lot of influence on the public’s response to this case. He discussed why there hadn’t been a reward offered for information…and the next day…boom…reward offered. Then discusses Dog…and boom…he appears.

jmo
Right. Lol I was watching him live on IG this morning and he read my comment about Brian coming out of hiding and letting justice be served for gabby. Because that’s who this is all about is that sweet soul Gabby.

I think they were discouraged that the followers were not as many as they hoped and were doubting their abilities to live on the road. Living off social media followers while on, what looks like, a permanent vacation is an addictive dream that rarely materializes. It had to be a low point for both of them.
Pretty wild that she has over 1.1 million followers on Instagram -- now. :(

Generally speaking, you have to apply for admission to each Federal court in which you wish to appear.

Layman's explanation - see this link (there is a section on Federal Court practice/admission):
Admission to the bar in the United States - Wikipedia

The PHV practice described by another poster bypasses that and is much easier and quicker. All you need is an admitted lawyer to vouch for you, pay the fee and you're in so long as you're admitted somewhere and are in good standing. Very easy and fast in Federal Court. jmo

Excellent question, and I've wondered the same. No obvious engagement ring which I'm sure Gabby would have photographed/videoed and commented on in her blogs. That said, where would BL get money for an engagement ring when he wasn't gainfully employed?

I thought he was employed. MSM has reported that both worked for Publix and for the parents' juice bar.

An engagement ring doesn't have to cost a fortune. Many young women are rejecting diamonds altogether and going for much less expensive stones - or no ring at all.

No requirement for a ring in order to be engaged. They refer to each other as fiancé and fiancée. They apparently had a somewhat stormy relationship - they had known each other for 7 years, but it was on-again, off-again even in HS (whose relationship isn't like that in HS?)

However, if you scan through various SM, and read the comments, you'll see evidence of engagement ring (IMO). It's not an expensive one and I don't think it has a stone - but it is definitely showcased by her right around the time they become engaged.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned here too much is that of all the people in their lives, BL's parents saw more of the day to day relationship between BL and GP than anyone else. I have to wonder what their perspective on that relationship was given that they lived in a modest sized home together for a year or more (not sure on the actual length of time GP lived with them).

I thought it had been said by a neighbor they had only lived in that house for a few months (renting). I believe it's also somewhere in an approved source that they sold the house they had for many more years. Looks like a downsizing - which would have led to the kids' stuff being put into storage, but many storage units go up in price after 3 months of low fees.

But of course the parents know this relationship well. That makes me think that they may have supported Brian in breaking up with Gabby. Gabby and Brian might have been under some pressure to move out on their own - which is a primary reason why young people adopt the Van Life.

FYI: You can easily hike into Canada bypassing border patrol it's NOT difficult to do on foot.
Agree, @x_files. I used to live in Maine and the border there with Canada is incredibly porous... it is very easy to walk across in the cover of dense forest (or night). Just don't get shot by a moose hunter this time of year, would be my advise! All that said, Canada is a wicked country in winter, starting next month in some areas, like much of the northern U.S. If BL is heading to Canada (or is there), it would have to be a jumping off place to somewhere else because "winter is coming", or he has shelter.

In fact, IMO, BL, or whomever might be helping him hide, likely planned to get BL to a location hospitable in both summer and winter... a temperate climate with dense forest, rivers, dry weather, and periodic access to provisions. Otherwise he'd have a massive backpack to survive in very cold temperatures and have enough sustenance.

Where might such a place be... not too hot, not too cold for a long period of time...? (I voted for 'somewhere else in the U.S.' for this reason).

Last edited:
It's so sad to me to hear they had such a history of fighting. I mean what do young 20 somethings really have to fight about that much? They should be just enjoying life, building a future, having fun. Maybe this was Gabby's first serious relationship and she just didn't know that they could be so much better.

Tricky part is that all that talk about his friends and past history is irrelevant. Since he doesn’t really seem to have had any friends, and he doesn’t seem to have a documented history of DV as far as we know. What we do have is what BL has tried to show us which is that he’s into living minimally, likes being outdoors, and has apparently told people he’s capable at surviving in the woods.

I have a hard time thinking he’s out somewhere in the woods with no means of food or fresh water. I don’t buy that he survived six weeks on a bag of cheese crackers nonsense. I don’t know how, but i could see him be somewhere like a family members house that isn’t being used or a family cabin or something. I guess if he did make it North, people will start closing up their cabins and cottages for the season and that would be ripe for a guy like him to break in and remain there undetected.

And maybe he already has... There are lots of nice houses (summer retirement homes) and little hut-type houses in the Appalachians. Many are well-hidden and not near any towns -- private property, of course. I have several friends, as we all probably do, who have these homes and they go there in the summer months.
"Swimmin' pools, movie stars"
Food in the freezer, canned food, coffee, tea, maybe beer or wine
Oven
Fireplace
Running water
Bed (luscious)
Clean sheets, blankets, towels
TVs for the news
Bathroom, warm shower
Just find the circuit breakers & flip 'em ON
If he runs out of food, just go to another place.

Last edited:
Is there verified proof of anything regarding Brian Laundrie flying home, dealing with a storage unit, and flying back out? Any confirmation of any of those details? What about any confirmed sightings of him when he returned in Gabby’s van? I know what we have “heard”, but any actual confirmation?
I am obsessed with that element. The flight for the purpose of an issue with a storage unit. It does not add up.

A few years ago, Dog came to my community and my daughter, who is in law enforcement, said it was the biggest fiasco. The actual police found the guy and then Dog came in and acted like he did.

Maybe he doesn't use the same MO everywhere, but LE here was not impressed.

Even so he might have helped find BL or raise even more awareness!
And publicity is what the BL parents seem to hate, so it would have been fun to see them act like the distraught parents wondering where their missing son is. They would have been bad at it!
IMO

Reactions: GRT
EBM. Quote included that was not intended.

I imagine one of them wanted to give up and the other wanted to continue.

I don't think she was afraid of him. Reading the transcript from early in the stop with LE, she was hitting him while he drove. LE asked her if she was trying to harm him. I don't think the light physicality while arguing was always one way.

I believe the overnight break did not ease the tension that was growing and the deterioration of their relationship due to their dream fading. I think the fighting escalated and once again turn physical by both until rage took it too far.[/QUOTE]
MOO: I am with you on your theory. Is there anything that doesn’t fit? Anything that gives you pause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper