Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people still insisting that her Bumble account means she was looking to replace Brian with someone on that site? Why can they not take everyone’s word for the fact that you can use it to find friends and not dates?
I wasn't suggesting that. The red flag to me is that being on that app, regardless of HER intention, made her a possible target for the dark side of those apps that stays in the shadows, whether she knew it not.

I thought it had been said by a neighbor they had only lived in that house for a few months (renting). I believe it's also somewhere in an approved source that they sold the house they had for many more years. Looks like a downsizing - which would have led to the kids' stuff being put into storage, but many storage units go up in price after 3 months of low fees.

But of course the parents know this relationship well. That makes me think that they may have supported Brian in breaking up with Gabby. Gabby and Brian might have been under some pressure to move out on their own - which is a primary reason why young people adopt the Van Life.
snipped and BBM
The NEIGHBOR had only lived in the house a few months.
Brian Laundrie, parents left home with 'attached camper': neighbors

"The Guthries said they moved to the community, about 85 miles south of Tampa, in the early summer. "

The Laundries have owned that home for many years.

I clearly have no idea. I so wish we had phone and text details....but can hypothesize an scenario.

Maybe, maybe they called it quits. None of us truly know the deal they had together with the van...maybe it really was more of HIS thing. He told the body cam guys it was his idea, I am not saying I believe that, just that he said it.

They MAY have agreed to separate, maybe they both think her Yellowstone friend is going to pick her up and she has a trip home together with that gal. She stays with Yellowstone friend once home in FL while they sort out everything else. Brian goes hiking to spend time up in his own head, he comes back, she is gone, he is worried not realizing she was THAT serious! Waits around....no texts, no calls, no Gabby. He drives home having NO idea that she has been killed while he was out processing this on his own.

I can imagine that they may have co-mingled their funds and, while clearly technically illegal, it may not have occurred to him this was theft. He just wanted to go home, the trip was a bust and he lost the love of his life. Not trying to trigger outrage here, it is only a very, very remote, but possible scenario that I am putting forth.

He goes about his business at home until her parents start reaching out-maybe on the same day that the missing persons "incident" with the LE and Gabby's dad are connected to happens- and then, since he knows exactly what was supposed to happen, realizes she didn't end up where she was supposed to and all of a sudden they get word that the police are asking about a missing person and they get a lawyer because he knows they are on tape from MOAB, where Gabby was nearly charged and thrown in jail and no one trusts anyone anymore, especially seemingly innocent LE involvement.

This is JUST again a very very remote possibility....I would be thrilled to have it ruled out with something I may be missing.
So she goes home with Yellowstone friend to Florida and she is found murdered 200 yards from where he had the van parked? How did she happen to be back in Grand Teton?

I'm pretty sure a bounty hunter is allowed to knock as long as he's not harassing them. But some bounty hunters have in the past kicked down doors and drug out suspects/fugitives. But he's NOt gonna do that on live tv! I don't think so! I think in Texas Dog could enter w/o permission with handcuffs and a gun.

A Florida attorney can chime in this is what I found:
"As a general rule, they can enter the fugitive's property, but not anyone else's. ... Part of this agreement allows a bounty hunter to enter your property to re-arrest you if you attempt to escape. They do not, however, have the right to enter a third party's residence without permission, even if the fugitive is inside."
Blog | Bail and Bail Bondsmen Explained | Half Down Bail Bonds | CALL NOW: 703-369-5555

BL has not skipped bail, so it is my understanding that Dog, or any other bounty hunter, can only act as a 'citizen' .

How Long Does It Take For Your Stomach to Empty? (healthline.com)

Generally speaking, it takes about 2 to 4 hours for food to move from your stomach to your small intestine.

After leaving your stomach, food then moves through your intestines:

• Small intestine. In your small intestine, food mixes with additional digestive fluids. This is where most of the nutrient absorption takes place. Food can spend between 2 to 6 hours in your small intestine.

Agree, @x_files. I used to live in Maine and the border there with Canada is incredibly porous... it is very easy to walk across in the cover of dense forest (or night). Just don't get shot by a moose hunter this time of year, would be my advise! All that said, Canada is a wicked country in winter, starting next month in some areas, like much of the northern U.S. If BL is heading to Canada (or is there), it would have to be a jumping off place to somewhere else because "winter is coming", or he has shelter.

In fact, IMO, BL, or whomever might be helping him hide, likely planned to get BL to a location hospitable in both summer and winter... a temperate climate with dense forest, rivers, dry climate, and periodic access to provisions. Otherwise he'd have a massive backpack to survive in very cold temperatures and have enough sustenance.

Where might such a place be... not too hot, not too cold for a long period of time...? (I voted for 'somewhere else in the U.S.' for this reason).
Agree totally. I keep thinking what is his end game here? Say he does hole up for 6 months, a year, whatever, then what? He'd have to try to get a new identity somehow. How does someone do that?

All that is missing is the bounty hunter from the Casey Anthony case. I suppose they could now make a reality show titled "Finding Brian, proof of the ultimate Manhunter". :D

Dog the Bounty Hunter reveals how he would track down Brian Laundrie
Sorry if posted but the video has him talking to the neighbor. In that the neighbor says he hadn’t seen BL since they left for the 3 day camping trip. I keep thinking that trip is when BL went into hiding. He is holed up safely somewhere.

I clearly have no idea. I so wish we had phone and text details....but can hypothesize an scenario.

Maybe, maybe they called it quits. None of us truly know the deal they had together with the van...maybe it really was more of HIS thing. He told the body cam guys it was his idea, I am not saying I believe that, just that he said it.

They MAY have agreed to separate, maybe they both think her Yellowstone friend is going to pick her up and she has a trip home together with that gal. She stays with Yellowstone friend once home in FL while they sort out everything else. Brian goes hiking to spend time up in his own head, he comes back, she is gone, he is worried not realizing she was THAT serious! Waits around....no texts, no calls, no Gabby. He drives home having NO idea that she has been killed while he was out processing this on his own.

I can imagine that they may have co-mingled their funds and, while clearly technically illegal, it may not have occurred to him this was theft. He just wanted to go home, the trip was a bust and he lost the love of his life. Not trying to trigger outrage here, it is only a very, very remote, but possible scenario that I am putting forth.

He goes about his business at home until her parents start reaching out-maybe on the same day that the missing persons "incident" with the LE and Gabby's dad are connected to happens- and then, since he knows exactly what was supposed to happen, realizes she didn't end up where she was supposed to and all of a sudden they get word that the police are asking about a missing person and they get a lawyer because he knows they are on tape from MOAB, where Gabby was nearly charged and thrown in jail and no one trusts anyone anymore, especially seemingly innocent LE involvement.

This is JUST again a very very remote possibility....I would be thrilled to have it ruled out with something I may be missing.

So...you think that property (let's say the van) has. been used by both (although owned by Gabby and never legally transferred to Brian) can be taken by Brian, when he knows that by taking it, he's stranding her in Wyoming? How does he not expect her parents to reach out? Why does he not answer them? What explanation does he give his parents? Why. don't his parents pass that explanation along to her desperate parents? He also apparently took a large sum of money from her account (not a joint account - he needs to show up in court to prove that he ever deposited any of his separate earnings in that account - a person can just say, "Oh hey, I put some money in that account once or twice, now the whole thing is mine!" That's why there's. a federal warrant for his arrest - I'm quite sure charges will be. dismissed if he merely shows up. and gives proof that the money he took was actually his).

Further, it seems clear that Brian still had her cell phone (and her hat. and. every other single thing she had in the van). So, he takes off with her home and all her possessions, uses her ATM card to withdraw a large sum of money. and doesn't expect someone to ask where she is? How is she living? He last saw her 20 miles from the nearest pay phone or ATM. Did. he decide for her that she would now hitchhike? Why. did he take her debit card? How was she supposed to live?

<modsnip>

Then he and his parents ignore every single phone call, voice message and text asking Where is Gabby?

Last edited by a moderator:
$20K from Boohoff Law, and $50K from a country singer, whose name I can't recall.
If more has been pledged, I missed the post.
Thanks. I don't even know how many entire threads I've missed at this point. I'll keep looking.

So far, I have
which obviously does not add up to $30k or $70 or $100k. :oops:

ETA: Reward for Brian Laundrie at $30,000 - Sept 25, 2021

Last edited:
I am leaning the other way.

I think they were discouraged that the followers were not as many as they hoped and were doubting their abilities to live on the road. Living off social media followers while on, what looks like, a permanent vacation is an addictive dream that rarely materializes. It had to be a low point for both of them.

I imagine one of them wanted to give up and the other wanted to continue.

I don't think she was afraid of him. Reading the transcript from early in the stop with LE, she was hitting him while he drove. LE asked her if she was trying to harm him. I don't think the light physicality while arguing was always one way.

I believe the overnight break did not ease the tension that was growing and the deterioration of their relationship due to their dream fading. I think the fighting escalated and once again turn physical by both until rage took it too far.
She hit him once on the arm to try to make him stop instead of accelerating away when the police were behind them with lights on.

I agree, I would have referred it out the day I got the call. I am thinking maybe this is a close personal friend and he's thinking more like a friend than a lawyer. I have some long-term clients that want me involved in their issues even when they have very competent, specialized counsel. They just feel like I will be looking out for their best interests since we've worked together for a decade. It can be awkward but it's like a safety net or a security blanket. I have been tough on SB but it's possible the Laundries are the ones insisting that he represent them.

I agree with you; I'd have done the same, and I have been (something short of, but not by much) gob-smacked by his staying front and center as their attorney representative.

I had wondered a few days ago if they/he had brought in additional counsel (both from a locality and practice area [vs. a basically general practitioner] standpoint) at least as advisors, if not as the public face.

I can't imagine thinking that this is a good time or situation to flex completely solo, either from an ethical and outcome perspective, or simply for wanting the best for his friends.

I completely understand & know the safety blanket aspect, or even the cost concerns, but at this point....

We aren't ever going to understand BL's parents unless we understand how they viewed the relationship between BL and GP when the couple lived in their home.

We may not AGREE with their view on it, but until we know what they actually saw and how they interpreted it, we are missing a major piece in their decision-making puzzle.

I am leaning the other way.

I think they were discouraged that the followers were not as many as they hoped and were doubting their abilities to live on the road. Living off social media followers while on, what looks like, a permanent vacation is an addictive dream that rarely materializes. It had to be a low point for both of them.

I imagine one of them wanted to give up and the other wanted to continue.

I don't think she was afraid of him. Reading the transcript from early in the stop with LE, she was hitting him while he drove. LE asked her if she was trying to harm him. I don't think the light physicality while arguing was always one way.

I believe the overnight break did not ease the tension that was growing and the deterioration of their relationship due to their dream fading. I think the fighting escalated and once again turn physical by both until rage took it too far.

I think it was Brian that wanted out. As he no longer believed they could make a career of it. Hence his no longer supporting of her blog, etc.

AND Gabby's fear he would abandon her...

Thanks. I don't even know how many entire threads I've missed at this point. I'll keep looking.

So far, I have
which obviously does not add up to $30k or $70 or $100k. :oops:
Needs to be a million, I reckon..
I'm surprised it has not appeared yet..

Agree, @x_files. I used to live in Maine and the border there with Canada is incredibly porous... it is very easy to walk across in the cover of dense forest (or night). Just don't get shot by a moose hunter this time of year, would be my advise! All that said, Canada is a wicked country in winter, starting next month in some areas, like much of the northern U.S. If BL is heading to Canada (or is there), it would have to be a jumping off place to somewhere else because "winter is coming", or he has shelter.

In fact, IMO, BL, or whomever might be helping him hide, likely planned to get BL to a location hospitable in both summer and winter... a temperate climate with dense forest, rivers, dry climate, and periodic access to provisions. Otherwise he'd have a massive backpack to survive in very cold temperatures and have enough sustenance.

Where might such a place be... not too hot, not too cold for a long period of time...? (I voted for 'somewhere else in the U.S.' for this reason).

I wish they would look for him in Mexico, central America or Cuba or one of the islands. He would only survive in Canada in the coming winter if he has a place indoors to stay. He will not survive winter outside anywhere north of Florida or Mexico IMO. It even gets cold in Mexico in the winter. He will be found before winter, IMO, or found frozen solid somewhere in a few months if he's not in a heated house.

I honestly do not believe LE has any idea where BL is. These are very recent comments by the police commander:

"There are many, many more resources we’re deploying in here other than the search efforts we are seeing here today. We have investigative means; we have other technology. Agencies are issuing search warrants for data, whether it be social media or some other investigative means, and then we do this search," he explained as he walked through the preserve.

"So we’re not wasting our time out here, we are doing our due diligence to find Brian in an area that our intelligence has led us [believe] that he could possibly be in. It’s upon us to make sure that we search this area as best as we can – as massive as it is – with the resources that we have to try and find Brian."

Brian Laundrie search: 'We're not wasting our time,' police commander says

They are still going through the process of search warrants for information to initiate a search somewhere else. It does not sound like they are very far along in their search for BL, IMO.

This is the height of being disrespectful to the situation, IMO. Dog the bounty hunter at the home uninvited, walking to the home and pausing for the media cameras.

(Stills from video at link below.)
View attachment 314611 View attachment 314613 View attachment 314612

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1441859583337771008?s=20

I totally agree!

A young lady has been murdered. This is NOT an opportunity to pose for the cameras and capitalise on it to try and boost your celebrity status.

Crass.

MOO

Edit: typos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics