Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find the posts now, but today someone asked why, if BL went to the reserve to commit suicide, would he go so far in? I think that's an excellent question. Another poster today linked an article that had the time and date from the parking violation that had been on the Mustang, and it was around 2:42ish (I think) on 9/14, the same day he supposedly parked there. Why?

So I got to thinking how the white van was not parked in an official parking spot in Spread Creek, and about what BL told the hitchhikers in WY, how he had hiked and camped along the Snake River. I've been looking at the satellite map of the Carlton Reserve area, but I'm not sure where all the searches have been, nor what the conditions are like in any direction.

But, what if BL parked the Mustang just off the road near the reserve, rather than in a parking spot? That might lead to a parking violation the same day. I read somewhere it was about leaving it overnight, but that wouldn't make sense unless it had been there before Tuesday. This is information I just don't know. Anyway, parking in unofficial parking spots is something we've seen BL do before.

Now, if you went straight east of the road into the reserve where he got his ticket (via the address on the violation), you would hit the Myakka River. The area between the road and river is still reserve land, but if you followed the river very far north or south, you leave reserve land. Heading south you hit more populated areas and the interstate, but north goes on a long ways without getting overly close to housing, and it does again enter reserve land.

Does anyone know if any searches happened up and down the Mayakka River banks?

BBM.
The car was not parked at Carlton Reserve in Venice. It was parked at the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park in North Port. The address on the incident report is the address of the park in North Port.
Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

Contents of Gabby's digestive track is so important in my option. In what part of track was food found? Could establish time of death.

The trip from restaurant to where the van was parted at Spread Creek was less than one hour right? And maybe 5-10 minute walk to where she was found?

They continued to argue after lunch....went to walk it off, did not work....

Last edited:
I continue to wonder about this flight by BL to/from Florida. Has anyone found any confirmation that he actually did go to Florida? Where was GP this entire time? In a hotel w/o food? Where was the van? Does anyone know if there was a storage place or was this contrived by BL as part of the ruse? Did GP actually tell her family that BL went to Florida? Why did it take a week to offload a storage place as she doubtfully had any household goods? Where was this place?

Now I wonder if he actually took the van and did some driving around to get his head together after the Moab debacle! Was GP covering for him? Was she actually deserted by him?

MOO And if all this has been covered, I humbly apologize. I have been reading along and do not believe these items have been adequately resolved in my mind.

MSM reports that Gabby's parents say this. We do not know independently of that.

I walk away for half an hour and Dog The Bounty Hunter is actually at the Laundrie house?! This is officially a circus. I didn't think he was ACTUALLY going to physically get involved.
I blame JB from WFLA lol he read a comment on live stream the other day from someone saying dog should come out

I hear you! But why would BL not report her missing and head home like a bat out of hell? Possibly even replying to annoying text messages and using GP’s funds to…idk. MOO
I clearly have no idea. I so wish we had phone and text details....but can hypothesize a scenario.

Maybe, maybe they called it quits. None of us truly know the deal they had together with the van...maybe it really was more of HIS thing. He told the body cam guys it was his idea, I am not saying I believe that, just that he said it.

They MAY have agreed to separate, maybe they both think her Yellowstone friend is going to pick her up and she has a trip home together with that gal. She stays with Yellowstone friend once home in FL while they sort out everything else. Brian goes hiking to spend time up in his own head, he comes back, she is gone, he is worried not realizing she was THAT serious! Waits around....no texts, no calls, no Gabby. He drives home having NO idea that she has been killed while he was out processing this on his own.

I can imagine that they may have co-mingled their funds and, while clearly technically illegal, it may not have occurred to him this was theft. He just wanted to go home, the trip was a bust and he lost the love of his life. Not trying to trigger outrage here, it is only a very, very remote, but possible scenario that I am putting forth.

He goes about his business at home until her parents start reaching out-maybe on the same day that the missing persons "incident" with the LE and Gabby's dad are connected to happens- and then, since he knows exactly what was supposed to happen, realizes she didn't end up where she was supposed to and all of a sudden they get word that the police are asking about a missing person and they get a lawyer because he knows they are on tape from MOAB, where Gabby was nearly charged and thrown in jail and no one trusts anyone anymore, especially seemingly innocent LE involvement.

This is JUST again a very very remote possibility....I would be thrilled to have it ruled out with something I may be missing.

Last edited:
A few years ago, Dog came to my community and my daughter, who is in law enforcement, said it was the biggest fiasco. The actual police found the guy and then Dog came in and acted like he did.

Maybe he doesn't use the same MO everywhere, but LE here was not impressed.
I sure hope he doesn't get in the way of anything. I also don't see what he can do here... it's not like the stuff he did on his show (embarrassed to admit I watched it regularly a long time ago). However, if he doesn't get in the way but DOES annoy the Laundries, perhaps it's another level of pressure to stir them up q bit into talking or slipping up, assuming they know where he is.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned here too much is that of all the people in their lives, BL's parents saw more of the day to day relationship between BL and GP than anyone else. I have to wonder what their perspective on that relationship was given that they lived in a modest sized home together for a year or more (not sure on the actual length of time GP lived with them).

I look at "Dogs" involvement a bit different. It keeps the hunt for BL going. It sure puts more pressure on the Family to spill if they are withholding anything. Which IMO they are. If I were them I couldn't take this hot mess any longer. Then again I thankfully are not them.

Excellent question, and I've wondered the same. No obvious engagement ring which I'm sure Gabby would have photographed/videoed and commented on in her blogs. That said, where would BL get money for an engagement ring when he wasn't gainfully employed?
...GP's debit card? :-(

So anyway, was anyone able to actually hear anything that Dog said when Brian Entin and the other reporters were asking him questions? I went back and re-watched and I could hear BE's questions but not the responses, and Dog was definitely saying some words.

Here’s what I heard—

Brian Entin asked why he was there, and he said ‘really now, you you know, c’mon’. (unintelligible)
Brian Entin: ‘Do you have any tips?’
Dog: ‘I’m trying to get some, <gives his telephone number> We get tips every ten minutes.
Brian: ‘Are you going to be staying in Northport , sir?’
Dog: ‘(unintelligible)…I’ll see you soon, I’m sure’
Another reporter: ‘You’re not here for publicity, are you?’
Dog: (said something about being on every night across the country)

From an article published in Nature:

“Stomach content analyses are a valuable tool in human forensic science to interpret perimortem events. While the identification of food components of plant and animal origin has traditionally been conducted by macro- and microscopical approaches in case of incomplete digestion, molecular methods provide the potential to increase sensitivity and taxonomic resolution. In particular, DNA metabarcoding (PCR-amplification and next generation sequencing of complex DNA mixtures) has seen a rapid growth in the field of wildlife ecology to assess species’ diets from faecal and gastric samples. Despite clear advantages, molecular approaches have not yet been established in routine human forensics to investigate the last meal components of deceased persons. In this pilot study we applied for the first time a DNA metabarcoding approach to assess both plant and vertebrate components of 48 human stomach content samples taken during medicolegal autopsies. We obtained a final dataset with 34 vertebrate and 124 vegetal unique sequences, that were clustered to 9 and 33 operational taxonomic units (OTUs), respectively. Our results suggest that this approach can provide crucial information about circumstances preceding death, and open promising perspectives for biomedical dietary surveys based on digested food items found in the gastrointestinal tract.”

Comprehensive coverage of human last meal components revealed by a forensic DNA metabarcoding approach | Scientific Reports

Wow thanks for this...what I was thinking. If they were still arguing, more a crime of passion?

I think he actually had her phone and he gives it to the police to hand back to her. He had it stashed in the car and opened it up with his faceID

I think we misheard the question the police asked BL and I think he retrieved his own phone or a shared phone. She definitely had her own phone while sitting in the back of the police car. Or did he give it to her after that point where he retrieved it from the van?
I also don't think he opened up that phone with his face ID. He didn't hold it up to his face. He just pressed a couple of things on the screen, like turning it on, versus opening up a locked phone. A lot of people don't even lock their phones. I don't think it was locked.

Media is supposed to stay off their property. Or is it just camera set-ups? I guess a pizza driver could deliver tho, so what are the rules?

I'm pretty sure a bounty hunter is allowed to knock as long as he's not harassing them. But some bounty hunters have in the past kicked down doors and drug out suspects/fugitives. But he's NOt gonna do that on live tv! I don't think so! I think in Texas Dog could enter w/o permission with handcuffs and a gun.

A Florida attorney can chime in this is what I found:
"As a general rule, they can enter the fugitive's property, but not anyone else's. ... Part of this agreement allows a bounty hunter to enter your property to re-arrest you if you attempt to escape. They do not, however, have the right to enter a third party's residence without permission, even if the fugitive is inside."
Blog | Bail and Bail Bondsmen Explained | Half Down Bail Bonds | CALL NOW: 703-369-5555

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper