Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am now so confused! Because they just can't take the Mustang. So, there must be something else out there that we haven't seen.
Yes, the house warrant when they took the mustang was a separate warrant as far as I know. I think the hard drive gave them reasonable cause for a judge to sign off on the home warrant and they took that then. It’ll be public eventually

This is the first I'm hearing of this. I guess bc MSM didn't report it, as you said, and I was not on here. Do you know what thread it was in? I'd love to check that out. Thanks!
Ws members reported it to news station and LE. I’ve checked here for developments pretty much every day and so far nothing that I’ve seen. No developments on MSM as far as I’ve seen either. I’m wondering if this is the last seen on foot reference made by dog and other sources today

Part of me wonders whether they’ll keep mum on this for a bit to play Brian for information if/when he’s found.
But her funeral is tomorrow and the funeral home said it’s a cremation so I assume the autopsy is complete.
But toxicology reports can take up to 6 weeks or something like that.
Maybe we’ll get a preliminary cause of death but no confirmation for a while until it’s all nailed down very specifically.
Or maybe they’ll keep it mum.
I did hear rumors that it was maybe slated to be released Tuesday but I personally am not counting on that.
And, part of me wonders if they were even able to determine it, unfortunately. I'd think a lot might depend on what state she was found in and they have not disclosed this.

I hope they found something. And, I hope it's just a matter of them taking their time to build their case brick by brick. Right now they have something that allows LE nationwide to bring him into custody so they now have time. They can always issue a superseding indictment later.
I just think it's a bit odd if they did find evidence at the scene proving he COULD HAVE killed Gabby, that they wouldn't put that on a warrant. Especially if they have aquired BL's DNA

Ws members reported it to news station and LE. I’ve checked here for developments pretty much every day and so far nothing that I’ve seen. No developments on MSM as far as I’ve seen either. I’m wondering if this is the last seen on foot reference made by dog and other sources today
Ah, okay. Got it. Thanks.

Okay. The image of someone walking, which may or may not have anything to do with the dog the bounty hunter comment. I tried to do the perms link thing that @JayWill suggested but I couldn’t manage it. But
Original post is in thread 25 #931
Loop footage thread 25 #962
Bottom right quadrant
If someone else knows how to link that would be swell
Is this what you mean?

URL="Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25"]WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25[/URL]

could be never

a lot of these details come out through court proceedings or FOI requests from newspapers and journalists

its like how long is a piece of string type question
Depending on the injuries to Gabby that were found at autopsy, they may never release anything to the public as to not traumatise her family even more than they already are

I don’t know how the public wouldn’t be accusatory in lieu of their deplorable actions. When you think of Gabby’s family trying desperately to get in touch with them , and then refusing to answer any of their questions when their daughter’s life was at stake, it doesn’t matter what phony story that Brian might have told them. That’s heartless indifference and inexcusable. Not to mention their fishy behavior in other instances.

yeah, BUT
Would they actually lie to the FBI?
I'm not seeing it though I think it's likely they enabled him.
I don't think they would dare to hold out this long with world media and the amount of resources being poured into this?
Nobody could do that.

He must have had other contacts besides his family who may well have given him a large sum of money, I speculate only, but I just cannot imagine they would hold out this long if they knew his whereabouts.

I just think it's a bit odd if they did find evidence at the scene proving he COULD HAVE killed Gabby, that they wouldn't put that on a warrant. Especially if they have aquired BL's DNA
But remember, the autopsy was not (and to my knowledge still is not final). They probably wouldn't want to put this before a grand jury until they have a lock. Also, he's missing. And, there might be speedy trial issues that start the clock running - my thoughts only, NOT sure.

This is the first I'm hearing of this. I guess bc MSM didn't report it, as you said, and I was not on here. Do you know what thread it was in? I'd love to check that out. Thanks!
Same here -- this is the first I've heard of it.

This was confusing to me from the beginning but I heard on CNN and also on WFLA that this was the 1st warrant that likely led to the 2nd warrant which was to search the house and which hasn’t been released. They towed the car from the house so that warrant had to be for more than digital.

One thing about this digital warrant though…. the 8/31 signed date at the end? Can anyone explain? (I’m sure has been discussed here but I missed that whole thread)
MOO the first warrant was the van. The second warrant was the hard drive found invan

I don't think we know enough about her to tell that she is the type to pack food and drinks.

I have assumed that after BL came home, the parents would have kept a low profile and not eaten out so, in that case, it would be necessary to pack food and drinks as it was not a short journey.

Last edited:
I think the excessive emphasis that he put on their engagement, always referring to being “engaged” or referring to Gabby as his “fiancé” was controlling. I’ve noticed that he mentioned it a lot when talking to the police too. It’s almost as if he equated her being a possession, and rather than saying “Gabby” it was “my fiancé”—kind of annoying to me. I don’t doubt that they were at least at one point engaged but I don’t think that he ever even gave her an engagement ring,
From the encounters we have found out about, I get the feeling that BL only saw Gabby as a possession of his, no more to him than a piece of clothing or similar. MOO

Possible sighting of Brian Laundrie in Toronto, Canada. There is also a YouTuber that is reporting an incident on a ferry from an area in New York. I don't think I can link that, but if you want to look it up yourself, you can look for Joseph Morris' channel and Brian Laundrie.

From the New York Post:
Brian Laundrie look-alike spotted by TikTok user in Canada

Quote from the above article:

"A flight attendant has posted a photo she snapped of a “flustered” man she said looked strikingly similar to Gabby Petito’s missing boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, outside a hotel in Canada, according to a report.

"The woman said on TikTok that she spotted the man on Monday as he walked out of the hotel in Toronto where she was staying, the Sun reported.

"The man — who appeared “flustered” — then got into a car and drove off with another man, the woman said on TikTok using the handle @cwlynn, according to the news outlet.

"She shared a photo she snapped of the balding man with prominent facial hair who wore a face mask around his chin — and then notified hotel staff about his likeness to Laundrie, who has been named a person of interest in Petito’s death."​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member