Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the Info I can find on Brian's mysterious Trip

The mother and stepfather interviewed with Nancy Grace, and after already revealing that Brian left Gabby in a hotel in Utah, when Nancy asked about it, the mother then said she had been instructed not to talk about it. So we won't get clarity on that yet. It's in this crime blog, about 10- 11 minutes in.

Nancy Grace:

'VAN-LIFE GIRL' GABBY PARENTS SPEAK OUT as Boyfriend Hides Out at Parents' Home

So we just have conflicting reports to go on.

The mother said in her first interview that she didn't know why Brian had to go move Gabby's things, but she didn't give any dates that it happened.

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

The Uncle's notes had the dates as 8/17 to 8/23 when he posted a timeline to facebook.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/0...m_Petito_s_cell_phone_-a-17_1631732264544.jpg

Then the Godmother gave an interview that said she thought the trip was between 8/21 and 8/24.

Missing woman's family frustrated with missing puzzle piece

If they can talk about other things, but not this, then it might be significant to the case somehow. I might have chased this down the rabbit hole as far as it can go, but I'm gonna keep trying.

ETA:

in this video, about 33 minutes in:

Someone further explains:

"I think there's some speculation and mixed up stories about that, so we're going to kind of not talk about that right now."

Last edited:
Ws members reported it to news station and LE. I’ve checked here for developments pretty much every day and so far nothing that I’ve seen. No developments on MSM as far as I’ve seen either. I’m wondering if this is the last seen on foot reference made by dog and other sources today
I posted the thermal video but I do not believe that’s what DTBH is referring to. I remember earlier in the investigation like way back when BL first went missing, before there was talk of the mustang at the park, it was reported he was “last seen on foot” but I wonder if that changes now because of the mustang parking stuff, or if they have footage from trail cams, or what. I find it hard to believe that thermal footage was what they were talking about but I’ll be thrilled if it is!!!!

This was confusing to me from the beginning but I heard on CNN and also on WFLA that this was the 1st warrant that likely led to the 2nd warrant which was to search the house and which hasn’t been released. They towed the car from the house so that warrant had to be for more than digital.

One thing about this digital warrant though…. the 8/31 signed date at the end? Can anyone explain? (I’m sure has been discussed here but I missed that whole thread)
MOO the first warrant was the van. The second warrant was the hard drive found invan
sorry my computer crashed and weird things happened. Thread 25 post 931 and 961 and much discussion

But remember, the autopsy was not (and to my knowledge still is not final). They probably wouldn't want to put this before a grand jury until they have a lock. Also, he's missing. And, there might be speedy trial issues that start the clock running - my thoughts only, NOT sure.
At this point I would hope it is at least mostly final. With Gabby being cremated it would be impossible to go back for another look at anything the ME didn't keep IF they kept anything in any form

Anybody think about if LE would have put murder or something similar on the warrant for BL if they found evidence on Gabby showing he at least may have done it ? Or is it more likely that after 3 weeks they could have found nothing or actually found nothing in regards to DNA

They’ll be building their case for murder/manslaughter. Firstly it takes time, and secondly the bank card charges are enough for now to have him arrested anywhere in the country. They’ll often just use bare minimum to get what they need while actively working on a case. For example when you read a search warrant you’ll see some of what they have against him, but not everything. They’ll only put down “just enough” to get what they need and hold the rest of their cards close to their chest.

Assuming he’s still alive, I have no doubt they’ll get him for this. Nobody else killed her, I’m as sure of that as anything. IMO

yeah, BUT
Would they actually lie to the FBI?
I'm not seeing it though I think it's likely they enabled him.
I don't think they would dare to hold out this long with world media and the amount of resources being poured into this?
Nobody could do that.

He must have had other contacts besides his family who may well have given him a large sum of money, I speculate only, but I just cannot imagine they would hold out this long if they knew his whereabouts.
Never know if they would or could lie to the feds or other LE. Can't know what they are thinking about what is happening. I have a feeling they're holding out and not saying BL's location or where they think he could be because they knew he was going to suicide himself. IMO

I have assumed that after BL came home, they parents would have kept a low profile and not eaten out so, in that case, it would be necessary to pack food and drinks as it was not a short journey.
But the FBI are asking for footage of them eating in restaurants. I think it was only after a missing persons report and then the discovery of her body, they went into low public profile.

Honestly the FBI reviewing restaurant footage from when Brian was home makes me think that his parents probably didn’t know about the murder when he arrived on Sep 1st but found out later once her parents began contacting… Do we REALLY think they’d be going out to eat casually and normally just waiting for her missing poster to appear?

Nothing off the table, I guess. Maybe, if they did know, it was much safer to act totally normal and draw no evidence to changed behaviors. But what a weird scenario?

At this point I would hope it is at least mostly final. With Gabby being cremated it would be impossible to go back for another look at anything the ME didn't keep IF they kept anything in any form
Yeah, that's worrisome (the cremation). They had forensic experts Michael Baden on MSM, I forgot which channel/show or news outlet. It was right after the discovery so it aired either Monday or Tuesday, the day of the autopsy. He said they can (and likely will) get special forensic scientists involved to look any bugs and plants that may be on her. Apparently they can get down to granular detail, if the evidence is there for them to examine, and see if it leads to them to any number of issues from whether she was moved to the location from another area to how long she had been there. It was a pretty incredible interview actually. I wish I could remember where so I could tell you. There's been so much coverage of this case though that I can't even begin to imagine where I saw it. I'll see if google throws anything out. This is the interview I saw but it is not complete. He goes on about the scientists being called in on certain cases. If I find the full video I'll post it. Insects on body found in Wyoming may provide clues in Gabby Petito case, says Dr. Baden

Last edited:
They’ll be building their case for murder/manslaughter. Firstly it takes time, and secondly the bank card charges are enough for now to have him arrested anywhere in the country. They’ll often just use bare minimum to get what they need while actively working on a case. For example when you read a search warrant you’ll see some of what they have against him, but not everything. They’ll only put down “just enough” to get what they need and hold the rest of their cards close to their chest.

Assuming he’s still alive, I have no doubt they’ll get him for this. Nobody else killed her, I’m as sure of that as anything. IMO
I imagine many people think BL killed Gabby and nobody else did. IF he didn't; why run and hide. I do however somewhat doubt he will be found alive, if ever found at all. MOO
I also find it somewhat strange that in a high profile case like this involving a homicide that the feds or other LE would allow cremation to take place so quickly.

yeah, BUT
Would they actually lie to the FBI?
I'm not seeing it though I think it's likely they enabled him.
I don't think they would dare to hold out this long with world media and the amount of resources being poured into this?
Nobody could do that.

He must have had other contacts besides his family who may well have given him a large sum of money, I speculate only, but I just cannot imagine they would hold out this long if they knew his whereabouts.[/

Why couldn’t they lie? And they’ve certainly lied by omission already so no, it wouldn’t surprise me if they lied to LE too.

Have they appealed to the public to help find their son? (who they didn’t report missing for 3 days, in spite of saying he had gone to a non camping friendly area, full of bugs and alligator infested swamps).

They didn’t know where their son was, but they knew where he parked the car. As for their impromptu “camping trip” right before that, what people take off on a camping trip when they know their son might have to answer a few questions concerning Gabby’s whereabouts? Pretty weird time to go “camping” if you ask me. I don’t know these people but they have not behaved with honesty or integrity in anything they have done thus far, and they may not be saying anything to the public but their actions definitely speak louder than their words.

Yeah, that's worrisome (the cremation). They had forensic experts Michael Baden on MSM, I forgot which channel/show or news outlet. It was right after the discovery so it aired either Monday or Tuesday, the day of the autopsy. He said they can (and likely will) get special forensic scientists involved to look any bugs and plants that may be on her. Apparently they can get down to granular detail, if the evidence is there for them to examine, and see if it leads to them to any number of issues from whether she was moved to the location from another area to how long she had been there. It was a pretty incredible interview actually. I wish I could remember where so I could tell you. There's been so much coverage of this case though that I can't even begin to imagine where I saw it. I'll see if google throws anything out.
I know the video you are talking about. At this point everyone can just hope that the feds / ME got what they needed and didn't overlook anything and aren't second guessing looking at something else or looking again at something.

All the Info I can find on Brian's mysterious Trip

The mother and stepfather interviewed with Nancy Grace, and after already revealing that Brian left Gabby in a hotel in Utah, when Nancy asked about it, the mother then said she had been instructed not to talk about it. So we won't get clarity on that yet. It's in this crime blog, about 10- 11 minutes in.

Nancy Grace:

So we just have conflicting reports to go on.

The mother said in her first interview that she didn't know why Brian had to go move Gabby's things, but she didn't give any dates that it happened.

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

The Uncle's notes had the dates as 8/17 to 8/23 when he posted a timeline to facebook.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/0...m_Petito_s_cell_phone_-a-17_1631732264544.jpg

Then the Godmother gave an interview that said she thought the trip was between 8/21 and 8/24.

Missing woman's family frustrated with missing puzzle piece

If they can talk about other things, but not this, then it might be significant to the case somehow. I might have chased this down the rabbit hole as far as it can go, but I'm gonna keep trying.
Thank you. I agree this must be very important for it to be so under wraps. WHAT could it BE?! (Not actually asking because I think we’ve discussed it at length but of course anyone can chime in! — just saying, it’s bizarre)

I just think it's a bit odd if they did find evidence at the scene proving he COULD HAVE killed Gabby, that they wouldn't put that on a warrant. Especially if they have aquired BL's DNA
They could have a lot of evidence pointing to BL killing GP. Using the fraud charges to get an arrest warrant allows investigators to continue with their homicide investigation without any hindrance of a possible request for a speedy trial.
For example, in federal court, the Speedy Trial Act requires the government to bring defendants to trial within 70 days of the filing of charges or the defendant's appearance before a judicial officer in court, whichever is later. (18 U.S.C. § 3161.) Most states have similar deadlines.

Your Right to a Speedy Trial

I imagine many people think BL killed Gabby and nobody else did. IF he didn't; why run and hide. I do however somewhat doubt he will be found alive, if ever found at all. MOO
I also find it somewhat strange that in a high profile case like this involving a homicide that the feds or other LE would allow cremation to take place so quickly.

We don’t know the condition of the remains or if they even had that much to work with but they probably did as much as they could.

Thank you. I agree this must be very important for it to be so under wraps. WHAT could it BE?!

You're welcome, but I'm sitting here stewing because I wanted to find the answer. I'm gonna keep looking and see if anyone else spoke about it that shouldn't have, but I agree with you. It has to be significant.

I kept wondering why we had no reports from the Fairfield that I could find, why the dad hadn't said a word about it when he'd talked to her while she was at the hotel. And why no one was talking about it when she could have met someone while Brian was gone that could have turned out to be her killer or something. So yeah, why can't they talk about that, but other stuff can be discussed like the people who picked up brian hitchhiking, right? Or maybe those people disobeyed the request not to talk. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71