Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Petito funeral planned for Sunday as Brian Laundrie remains missing: LIVE UPDATES

FBI agents visit Laundrie home, asked for personal items to help with 'DNA matching'
Two FBI agents briefly visited Brian Laundrie's family's home in North Port, Fla. on Sunday morning to ask for help with "DNA matching."

"The FBI requested some personal items belonging to Brian Laundrie to assist them with DNA matching and Brian’s parents provided the FBI with what they could," the Laundries' lawyer, Steven Bertolino, told Fox News on Sunday.

The agents walked into the front porch around 11:00 a.m. and left with a brown paper bag.

Sunday's visit comes almost a week after roughly 20 FBI agents swarmed the Laundrie home and could be seen carrying boxes and suitcases
I wonder if they need to compare his DNA with evidence found on the body, in the van or at the crime scene? Maybe they have mixed blood samples?

I am curious about the female Ranger's bodycam footage. I understand not everything is released but I am beginning to wonder if something was said or done during that discussion that may be part of the investigation. Mild speculation. MOO

Good point, and maybe the press FOIA requests (I presume there have been some) took longer to process because she was a federal employee, and period of time gave the feds time to develop justification to not release them because they became part of an on-going investigation. Also possible that she didn't have a body cam. MOO.

Did they get a new warrant or something? Just seems like they would have a plethora of DNA from the van the mustang and the other belongings they took from the house last week. Maybe something was inconclusive? He didn’t have much hair but he did have leg and arm hair.

Could they have grabbed something that may have touched his mouth to look for other people’s DNA besides his and Gabby’s?:(

I suspect they got a new warrant, since the original filings were under seal and then they requested the unsealing, I wouldn't be surprised if any new ones may be sealed as well.

Seems to me they could have gotten parents DNA from the mustang or the truck (?) or even from their library visit..... or any possible documents they signed. JMO
I would imagine that it would take a lot more resources to find, test, and match parents' DNA from the cars. Would be more efficient and perhaps better for chain of custody to get all DNA straight from the source when possible? MOO

DNA may also be necessary if they found a campsite or other items and want to know if BL was
I wonder if they need to compare his DNA with evidence found on the body, in the van or at the crime scene? Maybe they have mixed blood samples?
my thoughts too or maybe items, campsite found in the preserve

Nah, this visit by the FBI doesn't pass the sniff test. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes that they were there to collect DNA. If they knew in advance they were coming it would give them a chance to finagle something to give them that would be bogus, like a toothbrush that had been dipped in bleach or peroxide or even a brand new one that they just smeared toothpaste on and rinsed right off. 3 agents showing up for that? Either the FBI is just playing with them or the visit was for something else. After all it was their lawyer who gave the reason for the visit sooooo......
Agreed, 100%. It's what's being reported. The FBI didn't say that's what they were there for.

If they reported their son missing wouldn't they willingly supply DNA to find him without a federal warrant? But I think you're right they had to get a warrant first. I don't think his parents are cooperative at all.
Me either. If yours, mine, or other's son was thought to be "missing," right after his finances homicide, along with rumors and worries becoming rampant of him possibly committing suicide appearing....Need I finish the rest??
I would beat LE, to the communication of where my son was. Believe it or not even if I thought him quilty by accident or intention.
Hes a dangerous loose cannon right now.

Nah, this visit by the FBI doesn't pass the sniff test. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes that they were there to collect DNA. If they knew in advance they were coming it would give them a chance to finagle something to give them that would be bogus, like a toothbrush that had been dipped in bleach or peroxide or even a brand new one that they just smeared toothpaste on and rinsed right off. 3 agents showing up for that? Either the FBI is just playing with them or the visit was for something else. After all it was their lawyer who gave the reason for the visit sooooo......

Why does it seem strange? I don't think they called ahead. They walked up to the door with a folder in their hands. They may have said "We have a warrant for Brian's toothbrush, hairbrush and XYZ."

It's possible the items they took during the first FBI-led search did not have enough DNA on them so they went back for additional samples for matching purposes.

YEP!
I always assumed the LE would have asked this way back like Sept. 16th when he was reported missing!
Either they had to get a warrant first or wtf is going on?
I no longer assume Le knows what they are doing. First, huge mistake wasn't keeping at least one officer outside his house for surveillance.
There is nothing to even show when he disappeared. I think he left on 9/3/21 and never returned from that family camping trip. That gave his parents a week to clean the van, gather supplies and set up a safe place for him to hide.
IMO

Good point, and maybe the press FOIA requests (I presume there have been some) took longer to process because she was a federal employee, and period of time gave the feds time to develop justification to not release them because they became part of an on-going investigation. Also possible that she didn't have a body cam. MOO.

Excellent points.

BBM she mentions she hasn't even looked at her body cam footage yet.

"“I honestly haven’t looked at my body camera footage for that night. It’s hard to think about now because I feel like I could've said more to help her,” she said. “It’s hard not to second-guess myself, and wish I said more, or wish I had found the right words to make her believe that she deserved more.”"

Arches park ranger warned Gabby Petito her relationship with Brian Laundrie seemed ‘toxic’

True! Possible they didn’t really need more DNA and were just “popping in” to check
Hopefully they can identify that human remain and give a sense of closure for the other family.

There is also a 21 year old Tampa woman who was traveling to SC to see her dad last week and never made it there. They found her car burned out and her body behind a police station. Very disturbing

True!
Hopefully they can identify that human remain and give a sense of closure for the other family.

There is also a 21 year old Tampa woman who was traveling to SC to see her dad last week and never made it there. They found her car burned out and her body behind a police station. Very disturbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties