Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://mobile.twitter.com/9news/status/1442194310049456131

FOX 11 Los Angeles
@FOXLA

Search crews are expected to return to Carlton Reserve in Sarasota County for the eighth day to resume their search for Brian Laundrie. Gabby Petito's funeral will be held today.

https://mobile.twitter.com/foxla/status/1442187306644000774

Sarasota Herald-Tribune
@HeraldTribune

In an emotional eulogy, Gabby Petito's father Joseph Petito told the thousands of people watching a live stream of the event and dozens in Moloney's Funeral home in Holbrook, N.Y. to make sure to live life to the fullest.

https://mobile.twitter.com/heraldtribune/status/1442187299836469253

AR Democrat-Gazette
@ArkansasOnline

Lines of mourners form for Gabby Petito funeral home viewing

Mourners began arriving at a Long Island funeral home viewing on Sunday for Gabby Petito, whose death on a cross-country trip has sparked a manhunt for her boyfriend.

A line had formed outside the funeral home in Holbrook, about 35 miles east of New York City, by noon, and groups of firefighters were seen filing past. A fire truck sat on each side of the building, each with its ladder raised.

Across the street from the funeral home, a chain link fence was adorned with posters featuring Petito's image and messages such as, "She touched the world."

Lines of mourners form for Gabby Petito funeral home viewing
ArkansasOnline

https://twitter.com/wflajosh/status/1442192650698956802?s=21

NEW VIDEO. The #FBI entered the #Laundrie house for 3 minutes. According to their attorney: The FBI requested some personal items belonging to #BrianLaundrie to assist them with #DNA matching and Brian’s parents provided the FBI with what they could. (via @BrianEntin)
Sounds like maybe they found visually unidentifiable human remains and/or possibly testing animal bottoms or leavings? Nicest way I could think to say it.

This is some high-quality sleuthing! Interesting!

It's very hard for me to imagine why her parents were asked not to talk about it, though LE certainly has their reasons.

Yeah, I don't know. Someone else mentioned that they hadn't been allowed to talk about the texts, either, and then after a while, they were talking about them.

Because of what her mom said in the radio program about Gabby and Brian already slimming down their stuff in preparation for the trip, I find it hard to believe the storage issue was the reason he came back to FL -- if he did go back. They also might have the dates wrong as a reason they stopped talking about it. I guess we'll know more later.

First I thought they had phoned in advance and tod them what was needed so they just came to collect the results of their phonecall. But 3 agents?
Laundries may have consulted w their lawyer by phone when agents arrived, or before, don't know, but I would have. He could have told them to demand a search warrant, but must have told them to just hand the stuff over. JMO

Just for the record, Mexican restaurants almost always have vegetarian offerings. Most also have vegan options. Merry Piglets has both.

And I believe that American adolescents lag behind the world curve in terms of hitting grown-up milestones, which would be fine if their parents intend to coach and support them for a longer period of time, but there are certain developmental windows that get missed and that means those skills will take a longer time to develop (if they develop at all). If we expect the world to be easier to live in, more and more wealthy, plenty of everything for everyone, no social problems - it wouldn't matter so much. But I fear we've got the opposite thing going on. Young Americans are being launched into a world where well-paying jobs are not as available and long term patterns of living are disrupted by many factors.

I do not recall hearing that either Gabby or BL went to college, so I don't think they had student loans. They would likely still be on a parent's health insurance for a few more years. Last winter, a lot of young Van Lifers found that the areas they'd chosen in the western US to try and winter were, in fact, too cold for them and they headed south. Arizona had a big problem with too many people in their national forests. So did California, although for us, it was people Van Living in various streets and especially at the beaches (not legal, but even before COVD, we had little enforcement). Unfortunately, there aren't restrooms at most of these places and ocean water quality is a big problem as a result. I wonder where Gabby intended to winter or if they both intended to head back to FL to the Laundrie home (in which case, a "real" Van Lifer would say they weren't exactly a real Van Lifer). For those of you interested in Van Life (as a topic related to this case), there are lots of youtube about it.

Van Life How To: Your Complete Guide to Living in a Van

Note how the page emphasizes that van life = "taking control of your own life." The goal for many van lifers is to make just enough money to afford a couple of months in warmer areas of the Southwest, while still living close to nature. Just as in Moab, the resort areas of Arizona have lots of young people working during tourist season to save money, and in the non-resort towns nearby, people actually rent their driveways or allow a van lifer to park in their back yard or even front yard for a small fee. Group camps in the National Forests are already completely booked and in them, there will be 80-120 young people, Van Lifers. It's a lot of fun for them (Sitgreaves NF is very popular). But this is the third case I've followed on WS where it ended badly (the other two were heat deaths where a young person was living in their car and spending their days in the Arizona desert...heat got them).

Laundries may have consulted w their lawyer by phone when agents arrived, don't know, but I would have. He could have told them to demand a search warrant, but must have told them to just hand the stuff over. JMO
I would bet that the FBI gave their attorney a heads-up before going to the house. The attorney probably told them and coached them about how to handle the encounter. (MOO, but once people are represented by counsel, that's generally how it works).

Things handed over by the parent would likely also now include the parents DNA.

IF they found supplies or something hidden somewhere, this could possibly help confirm or deny the parents had also been in that location or handled the items. JMO - and I could be completely off base
They'd sit them down for a DNA test though, would they not? Oral swab? Would take longer than 3 minutes, I imagine?

Parent here, responding from my perspective. I say these things, but I believe that what it means (to me) is I would do anything for my child to live a full, happy, healthy life. I want them to be good people.
In the face of danger or struggle, I would do anything to help them. I will love them unconditionally, but that does not mean I will accept or excuse poor behavior from them; it means I DO hold them accountable for their actions because I believe in their goodness and ability to be functional, good, moral humans. Love is not blind, IMHO.
I can't know what these parents' experience of their kid coming home was, but I guarantee you that if my child was in this situation I would not be enabling them in any way. Supporting them to find a lawyer and mental health team? Probably. That's my job because I raised them and whatever problems they have/cause I share responsibility in (to a degree). But what the Laundrie's appear to be doing is not normal parenting, and it's not even love if you ask me.
Eta: I often tell my littles "I love you too much to allow you to behave this way," and I feel like that explains what I'm getting at here.

Thank you! If only the BL's parents had had your measured approach. It makes a lot of sense, and IMO perfectly balances parental guidance with personal accountability.

I think so, too. While the female LEO’s footage is unavailable to us, she seemed very concerned about GP. Perhaps she was aware of the non/Chris call? However, once everything was sorted, and before the matter was closed, they could have interviewed BL again. They knew where he was.
I am curious about the female Ranger's bodycam footage. I understand not everything is released but I am beginning to wonder if something was said or done during that discussion that may be part of the investigation. Mild speculation. MOO

Gabby Petito funeral planned for Sunday as Brian Laundrie remains missing: LIVE UPDATES

FBI agents visit Laundrie home, asked for personal items to help with 'DNA matching'
Two FBI agents briefly visited Brian Laundrie's family's home in North Port, Fla. on Sunday morning to ask for help with "DNA matching."

"The FBI requested some personal items belonging to Brian Laundrie to assist them with DNA matching and Brian’s parents provided the FBI with what they could," the Laundries' lawyer, Steven Bertolino, told Fox News on Sunday.

The agents walked into the front porch around 11:00 a.m. and left with a brown paper bag.

Sunday's visit comes almost a week after roughly 20 FBI agents swarmed the Laundrie home and could be seen carrying boxes and suitcases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE