Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the fact that that would put him in contact/sight/living with multiple people (not a great idea if your face is all over TV news or in daily stories in news online), this would be a great idea. You get a bed and food, and at least some of them tend to have some fairly dodgy folks working there.
And he follows them on IG. I had no idea there were so many.

What would be the silliest thing a murderer would do? why, he would appropriate the van they both were driving around in , and for reasons that at this point defy any rationale whatsoever, drive that van from Jackson , Wyoming, to Orlando Florida. 2500 approx.. miles, not klms.. about 3800 klms..

He wasn't going back to a job, or a spare girlfriend, or an inheritance, or a previous appointment, arrangement, a job interview, whatever. He had not finished the journey , there was plenty more of the USA to hoot around in.

Mile after mile, exposed on the freeways and highways, getting meals, using facilities, obtaining fuel.. using the bank..

How did he intend to explain the absence of Gabby ? and his apparent ownership of the van? and why had she turned the van over to him? where was she?.. He must have figured it out that these questions would be asked, and had to be answered, surely?? He is 24, not 14.

BL and Gabby were not expected back from this trip until Halloween (October 31). BL had 2 months to get lost in America or go to Mexico and from there, parts unknown. All he had to do was take cash out of Gabby's account, then turn off both Gabby's phone and his own phone, and then just disappear. He would have had until at least September 11, but probably much longer considering he could have gone far off the planned path of their trip.

BL's decision making to return to his parents house in Florida does have me perplexed. But his attorney's comment upfront that "intimate partners are often the first person law enforcement focuses their attention on in cases like this," makes me think that BL told his attorney, Mr. Bertolino, that he didn't know what happened to Gabby. If that's what BL told him, it is now incredibly difficult to believe considering the location of the crime scene to Gabby's van and the texts from Gabby's phone.

I also thought about how BL's return trip to home was apparently very, very rushed. What was his hurry? Did he claim he was in some kind of danger at Grand Teton and had to flee from some unknown person or persons? Yet, once home, he is seen outside riding his bike with his mom, mowing the lawn and loading up a camper with his dad in the driveway. So if he thought he was being pursued by someone, how come he felt safe to do that? And, if he was possibly in danger, why not go to police for help...literally anywhere between Grand Teton and Florida?

And IF he thought Gabby had just wandered off and was lost or that she may have been kidnapped because her disappearance was unexplained, why not contact Grand Teton park rangers for help in finding her? Did he claim to the attorney that he was being threatened by someone there in the park?

I've wondered if this is simply a case of a man-child not knowing what to do and seeking the solace of his parents after he did the worst thing in his life that BL knows there is no coming back from and no way to fix things.

I’ve been listening to JB’s live stream, & I know a lot of you do, too. There’s been several instances during the search for Brian - & the investigation in general - where they’ve talked about traffic cameras. Brian being caught on a traffic camera or the parents being caught on one during that weird camping trip, etc. I am an engineer at a state DOT (not FL), & I just wanted to put this out there for informational purposes in case some people aren’t aware. Because if I hear why don’t they just pull the traffic cameras one more time I might pull my hair out haha.

Each state is different, but most of the time all traffic cameras do not record. A lot of traffic cameras you are along interstates, etc. are for traffic monitoring purposes (like if there’s a wreck, hurricane evacuations, etc.) someone can log in to look at cameras to see where they have issues. Some states cannot afford all the storage capacity it would take for those cameras to record 24/7.

When you’re talking about tracking someone’s movements…if a set of traffic cameras don’t record (a lot of them are like this) - what I would be more interested in looking at in terms of footage:
1) Rest Area Cameras - a lot of people don’t know that some rest areas have a LOT of cameras. We have one facility that has 10 cameras on- site that do record.
2) License Plate Readers - most of y’all are familiar with those.
3) Virtual WIM (weigh-in-motion) Sites - aka virtual truck weighing stations. Those are usually along the interstate & the trucks use the right lane & they ride over a scale & a camera snaps a picture of the side of the door (where the US DOT number is). So, if someone rides in the right lane over one of these, a picture is snapped. Those are stored.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to give some inside knowledge I have about traffic cameras & footage that may or may not be accessible to an investigation.
great post, thanks for sharing info. that I was not fully aware of.

Unless he is using a burner phone to look at the news, social media etc. As long as he doesn't call or text no one would know he had it.

It's still connected to a cell tower for data, and it's extremely likely that a Stingray femtocell was used to capture all cellular connections in that park. Each phone has an ISMI that is hardcoded to the phone itself, and much like a MAC address on a NIC, it's not only uniquely identifiable, but the prefix of the IMSI will match to a particular model and carrier. Imagine something like this... They fly over, everyone in the area's cell phone gets routed through the Stingray, they all show up as separate devices...lets say there are 2000 of them. It's easy to filter by device type, and carrier, and you could narrow it down to prepaid phones. Then, the FBI reaches out to the cellular providers to see when the list of IMSIs they've narrowed down first subscribed to service.

This is a bit of an oversimplification without going into extensive technical detail, but a Stingray can find a needle in a haystack pretty easily, if that needle is a powered-on cellular phone.

Does that mean they know for certain who has the phone? Not exactly, but prepaid phones can be traced back to where they were sold, and would upend enough information to be able to surmise whether or not it's a person on the run.

I do not understand these people. They did not want to assist LE when GP was missing, but now they want LE to assist them?
They need to go complain elsewhere. Nobody cares about them and their complaints, we care about finding BL and bringing GP justice.

I think many of the locations for the pictures are strange....all seem to have Blood, Devil, or something occultic in the name.

Yes. My family would go to a place called something dark -"Blood Falls" over something cheery "Pleasant Springs" every time. One sounds like the site of a wild event, the other a great place to nap. (shrug) just personal taste.

I have absolutely no sympathy for BL’s parents. The minute their son arrived home without Gabby, and the calls or texts starting coming in from her family looking for her, they should have responded to help out. If they knew or suspected their son was guilty of anything, they should have hired a lawyer and arranged a meeting with the authorities. Their behavior has been unconscionable in my opinion. If their son is “missing”, why are they not looking for him? Their reaction to everything is so strange.

I definitely don't have an ounce of sympathy for them. Was just trying to point out how they've created a miserable existence for themselves and wondering if they have or will deeply regret their actions. It's not too late for them to change course, though they likely believe it is. I keep comparing their actions (or rather lack their of) to those of Shelia Frazee and Ronnie and Cindy Watts - in both of those cases the parents complete lack of human decency (even hatred - like somehow those victims had it coming) towards their child's significant other who died at the hands of their son, was just completely reprehensible. Easy to see how Chris and Patrick became what they did and I think we rather have a similar dynamic here with Laundries.

Is it possible that the Laundries are pursuing a lawsuit against the Petito’s? They could be claiming that the Petitos caused harm by accusing them of covering for their son. It would explain the recent reluctance to comment on certain things by GB’s mom, it could explain the visit with the lawyer in Orlando.. etc. they strike me as the type. Would we find out if they were? This is all just my speculation, I don’t want to start any unfounded rumors!

1. I may have missed it, but did the Petito family actually publicly accuse the Laundries of "covering for their son?"
Is there a video or news story you can cite?

2. I'm not a lawyer, but I would think that it is premature to file such a lawsuit.

3. I believe that reporters regularly check the court house for the filing of any interesting lawsuits.

I've wondered if this is simply a case of a man-child not knowing what to do and seeking the solace of his parents after he did the worst thing in his life that BL knows there is no coming back from and no way to fix things.
Snipped for response's clarity.
I think that because this is the simplest answer, it's probably the right one. IMO he panicked, and the hitchhiking is part of that.
But an interesting theory I saw on twitter (ironically of a reddit post) argued that potentially, Brian using Gabby's cards on the trip back home was him trying to give a "paper trail" of Gabby's activity, making it seem like she was still alive. Which makes sense, IMO, more than him just accidentally using Gabby's cards along the way.

They don’t want help because HE AINT MISSIN! Lol jmo but he wasn’t posing a threat to them! Can’t just call cops for someone knocking on your door
BBM

They did. And I hope some bored sounding 911 operator told them, “M’am it isn’t a crime to knock on someone’s door. This number is for emergencies only.”

Something I've found interesting is that people here believe BL would be consistent with his expressed beliefs on SM after he killed his partner. His convictions are clearly fungible, so I don't think there's much value in talking about him having a specific diet that's incompatible with being on the run.

I agree, unless someone has a food allergy I don't see that it's always a 100% thing. I generally avoid gluten and dairy because I feel better eating in a certain way but occasionally I will have a treat cheese out with my family. So I don't think it's even hypocritical for someone to try to avoid single use plastics most of the time but occasionally end up with a water bottle from a friend.

I know we want to vilify everything surrounding BL because of what he's alleged to have done but none of us perfectly align our actions with our beliefs 100% of the time.

I get annoyed with maudlin and performative displays like this.

That said, completely covering their lawn with flowers in order to annoy them - I'm rarely petty, but I could support that. :D
Haha, Josh Benson just now on JB's live just backtracked and said he doesn't condone sending the flowers, donate to Gabby's foundation etc. as you choose.

And I get the petty wanting to inconvenience BL's parents, totally. :D

I wonder how we can persuade abusers to leave once the relationship is at a point where they want to abuse. Why do they stay when they feel all that contempt?

I hear ya. I have broken up with a few men, when I was very young and new at relationships, that were shocked when I did. And I'm like, You acted like you hated me! You don't like how I dress, don't like my hair, think I'm fat at 110 lbs. you don't like my friends and family, and you think I can't do anything right and I'm stupid. Etc etc. Imo, men like Brian just want a verbal or physical punching bag around. So they can blame someone for all of their problems. They are so arrogant they don't see that they create their problems. I had two relationships like that and I wised up. After them, i had very low tolerance for that ****.

Anyone, men or women, who are in a relationship like that, get out. And when you do, have a plan. Do not break up with someone in the heat of the moment, ever. Ghost them. You owe them nothing. The idea that it is chicken **** not to break up with someone in person is a big lie. It could get you hurt or worse. And you don't need them begging you to stay. They will not change. You never know how someone will react. I drilled this into my kids head when they were younger.

Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member