Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely don't have an ounce of sympathy for them. Was just trying to point out how they've created a miserable existence for themselves and wondering if they have or will deeply regret their actions. It's not too late for them to change course, though they likely believe it is. I keep comparing their actions (or rather lack their of) to those of Shelia Frazee and Ronnie and Cindy Watts - in both of those cases the parents complete lack of human decency (even hatred - like somehow those victims had it coming) towards their child's significant other who died at the hands of their son, was just completely reprehensible. Easy to see how Chris and Patrick became what they did and I think we rather have a similar dynamic here with Laundries.

I apologize, I didn’t mean my post to sound like YOU didn’t have sympathy…I should have made that more clear. I agree with you BL’s parents have created a miserable existence for themselves. Your comparison with Sheila Frazee and the Watts is spot on! Unfortunately, some parents are in strong denial that their offspring could be responsible, perhaps because they see it as a reflection of the way they’ve raised them.

Women who have experienced domestic violence in a relationship are more likely to be killed by their partner.

Murder of Gabby Petito sheds light on domestic violence | ABC4 Utah

I wonder how we can persuade women to leave once domestic violence has occurred in a relationship.

It usually escalates unless therapy or anger mgt. classes.
Most of the time therapy and anger management is useless. They will lie and say that they did both and will forge the documents needed for court. Been there done that. MOO

I agree, they would have to seriously want to change their behavior.

If BL is truly on the run, the urge to know what is happening is probably overwhelming. He’d want to know if she was found, if he’s named a suspect, if there’s a warrant for his arrest. Maybe he originally thought she would never be found, this would all blow over and he could be reunited with his parents at some point. I don’t think many people could’ve predicted how much this case would blow up in the media. Even if he’s off the grid I bet he’s following the news somehow. Picking up a newspaper at a gas station? Popping into a bar to catch a few minutes of the news? Glued to a radio station in a vehicle? Where else could he quickly get updates?

This Google Earth measurement puts Gabby's body approx 287 yards from where her van was parked.
I've wondered if both BL & Gabby were in the van when those witnesses drove by, catching the door closing on the Go-Pro. We know BL liked to hike barefoot as in Utah, so it's plausible those were his flip flops outside the van on 9/27... However, I personally think they were hers because he didn't give a schit about sand etc. in the van.
(If) she was killed in the van then dragged across the creek, I'm thinking he would wait till dark as to not be seen, hence. reason for door closing. (She could very well have been dead inside when the Go-Pro witnesses drove by.) I'm sure LE checked for drag marks as well as taking many, many samples of ground material to check for her DNA in a wide area from the van to where she was located.
That is one scenario. Personally, I think she was killed close to / at the location she was located across the creek. Perhaps he lured her out there, idk, but the fight at the restaurant imo, was a huge factor in setting him off into a fit of deadly rage. I firmly believe her actual DOD was 9/27/2021.
JMO
I am catching up from a busy work morning so please ignore me if this has been repeated.

Thank you for sharing this, I think it is interesting.

MOO: I have doubted she was killed in the van for many reasons, it's hard to move around much in there, not good space for even a good argument that includes throwing hands (not saying it can't happen, AT ALL, yes it could, just really small quarters. Also, it didn't appear the cadaver dogs caught a sense of that. Also, I don't think the van could even drive to where her body was found and that is a LONG distance to haul a lifeless body without help or machinery in a public space where anyone could walk by at any time, like nearly 9 football fields.

I am wondering if that is where they set up camp and pitched their tent. It was a lovely spot, and these campgrounds, as I mentioned before, are usually super super tent friendly. Plop where you want. It was a great spot, especially if not needing to haul a bunch of supplies. They could pitch their tent, haul a small cooler, go back to the van easily enough to get anything else and have a terrific spot for a few days. I would be looking for signs of tent pegs, fire, and signs of someone settling in there. I think whatever happened, happened there. I do NOT think Gabby would have stayed in a tent there by herself for long stretches of time, or overnight. MOO...and I could be wrong. Maybe would leave the tent there and come back to van, IF they could see that spot from the van, just to keep an eye on things.
Again, MOO.

The Laundries don't feel rules apply to them, only to others. They may be in for a rude awakening if some vigilante feels the same way and goes hunting for Brian.

Some people don't feel the constitution applies to the Laundries.

Don't support vigilantes. They may end up being charged with the same crime BL is a POI for.

Let LE do their job. The rest of us need to "go out and act like somebody" and be a positive influence.

If BL is truly on the run, the urge to know what is happening is probably overwhelming. He’d want to know if she was found, if he’s named a suspect, if there’s a warrant for his arrest. Maybe he originally thought she would never be found, this would all blow over and he could be reunited with his parents at some point. I don’t think many people could’ve predicted how much this case would blow up in the media. Even if he’s off the grid I bet he’s following the news somehow. Picking up a newspaper at a gas station? Popping into a bar to catch a few minutes of the news? Glued to a radio station in a vehicle? Where else could he quickly get updates?

It's old-school as all get out, but he might have a hand-cranked transistor radio with him. I have one for power outages, you turn the crank to charge the radio up and then you can pick up FM and AM broadcasts for about fifteen minutes before it has to be cranked again. It has a solar charger too.

LE wouldn't necessarily have to rely on witness testimony alone. Usually it's a combination of circumstances that put the pieces of the puzzle together. If a person witnesses a murder and their statements are consistent with autopsy findings, the witness has more credibility. (For example they report victim being stabbed 3 times in the back.)

In this case, they have lots of witnesses who can help with the timeline, but LE probably will try to compare that with cellphone data and surveillance footage. I doubt they depend on one piece of evidence alone. Most circumstantial cases consist of a combination of evidence that helps to support the final conclusion. Imo

Yes, I don't think eyewitness testimony will be key in the current case. The timeline that's used for investigation may not be presented in court, after all. But people do tend to believe eyewitnesses even when they shouldn't. And that includes jurors.

So I wouldn't say that eyewitnesses can't be wrong in murder cases. After all, most of the exonerations the Innocence Project has gotten involved convictions for murder. And not only eyewitness testimony was used to convict in those cases but as it turns out eyewitnesses were persuasive but too often mistaken. Not lying but mistaken.

Of course, DNA will play a big role in this case, I expect. And other kinds of circumstantial evidence. But at this point, I'm not sure I believe any of the neighbors' stories we've heard about when anyone was or wasn't at the house!
JMO

Why would their lawyer choose Orlando rather than a city closer to them? I think he was introducing them to a lawyer he knows is a good defense attorney.
I imagine…& this is JMO & pure speculation. That their attorney wanted to get them out of their house to talk to them. He could be afraid that the FBI has some sort of listening device in their home or something. I’m not that paranoid but I’m trying to get in the mind of someone that could be at this point. So, he wanted to get them out of their house to meet, & he chose Orlando to get out of Tampa. Don’t forget he gave the statement, “they went to Orlando on business.” He wanted the least amount of ppl to follow them as possible & maybe Orlando was far enough away that the media wouldn’t go that far? Idk. But that’s JMO on why Orlando & not zoom or something.

When and Where is the last time BL was seen (verifed) by someone besides his parents?

Why has everyone said he sneeked off when he took the car found at the reserve? How do you sneek off in a car parked in your driveway?

Doesn't anyone on the street have a camera that would have captured the car driving by? Strange ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member