Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO jmo moo...after reading all four threads so far…
Overall I see a young couple, they’ve known each other for years, reconnected and became infatuated with each other, had this idyllic dream to live a life of adventure. It probably seemed very romantic. Yet it seems now they were incompatible in some ways and 24/7 in close quarters can become oppressive to anyone.

I think their dreams, goals and plans were not mutual. He seems to be less interested in the blogging and more about his art, but did depend on Gabby’s vlog to create some kind of income to support them. She seems to be about yoga and I think a vegetarian lifestyle, they both seem environmentally conscientious or tried to portray themselves as such. What would have been a hippie lifestyle in the 60s. But IMO he was much more dominant and she was afraid of getting him riled up. She seems more emotional and that might’ve frustrated him.

Anybody would get flustered if they’re pulled over by police and GP is young and nervous and was babbling to the police. She was probably telling the truth about her OCD and anxieties but in that situation, when I was young and pretty, I might have poured it on a little more so I wouldn’t get arrested.

I think the police did what seemed right at the time. They’ve come upon much worse incidents of DV and ultimately decided the couple needed space, although Gabby was desperate to stay with BL, climbing through the car window and over him to get inside.
The van belonged to her but she said she wasn’t comfortable driving it. I feel she was very dependent on him and he knew it.

He may have killed her or he may have abandoned her but it seems they’d reached a crossroads in their relationship and the blissful adventure was unraveling.

I’m basing this on all we have seen and heard so far, from her family and from the bodycam footage.

Whatever in fact happened, there is no excuse for BL refusing to utter a simple phrase, “I saw her in such a place and we parted at such a time.” Give the family and LE a chance to locate her in whatever condition she is in.

As far as the women killed in the same area, I know LE has not ruled out a connection. I’m not at all convinced yet. Losing it with your girlfriend is not the same as a serial killer. There’s so much speculation that sounds almost like fanfic.

I do not believe Gabby just decided to move on alone, because of what she said about not being comfortable driving the van, and what seems to be desperation to not be separated from BL, as LE noted.

IMO there is absolutely NO WAY she would have ceased communicating with her family, especially if he left her to her own devices. They seem like a very loving family who would have immediately flown to get her and bring her home safely.

IMO he is most definitely the culprit, whether intentionally killing her or just leaving her on her own in a beautiful but harsh environment. Speak, Brian.

Well we now know Gabby doesn’t drive the van, or at least prefers not to, so this could be the reason she gave it to Brian, if she’s anxious about driving the van she’s not gonna haul it all the way home alone is she.

sorry but I won't let go of the registration of the vehicle - he never should have driven it without her. It's her van.
end of story.
JMO

Let me try and put this one other way, so maybe you can see why I feel the continued title discussion is absurd. In a hypothetical murder situation: it's like arguing "he never should've used that gun to shoot her. It's her gun."

Errrr.... see what I mean? Ownership of the gun isn't really the critical issue there. That's what I'm trying to get at with the van.

* Incidentally, what you're suggesting may not even be correct. It sounds like some states have a notion of a "financial interest" in a vehicle, even if you aren't on the title. But, I'll leave it to some kind of motor vehicle attorney to chase that down.

My take on the police video. Note:

Here are a few things that set off alarms for me and/or concerned me and my reasons.

1. The police officer jumped when the van hit the curb -B must have hit that curb pretty hard to make an office jump like that. You can sense the officer is weary/concerned when approaching the vehicle.

2. B immediately attempts to explain why he hit the curb but he did not give a reason (excuse) G is quick to blame herself and say she was distracting him from driving.- B couldn’t come up with a good excuse immediately as to why he was driving so erratic.

3. Gabby’s first interrogation with the police she mentions OCD, cleaning the van and apologizing to Brian for “being in a bad mood.” She also mentions feeling stressed about building their website and her blog and states “he doesn’t think I can do it” and also states B was yelling at her while they were driving prior to being pulled over. - The fact that G is apologizing to Brian for her “mood” or feelings or apologizing for cleaning or being “OCD” (victims of abuse always feel they are at fault for their partner’s anger/rage/abuse. In this case I believe B was annoyed and mad she was cleaning and began verbally abusing her) By the way she says “I feel like I have OCD” we don’t know if she’s even officially diagnosed.

The fact that “he doesn’t think she can’t do it” shows he isn’t very supportive and likely puts her down (form of abuse).

Yelling at her in the van while she’s crying hysterically (verbal/emotional abuse)

4. The police officer goes back to B and the first thing out of his mouth “you spoke to Gabby?” - I feel he believed that Gabby mentioned him shoving her or mentioned the physical altercation they both participated in and so he immediately goes into protecting himself and creating his narrative. He mentions the physical altercation almost immediately (abusers are really great at minimizing, denying abuse and portraying themselves as the victim)

5. During his story he emphasizes quite often that they were going to take a walk and he wasn’t going to leave - I feel when B tells his story he’s only thinking about rebuttals of what he assumes Gabby told the police. He was threatening to abandon her there so he is trying to be clear that he only wanted space and wasn’t going to drive off.

6. B refuses water. -I feel he is incredibly smart and might have refused water to be sure no fingerprint traces or DNA. But in videos shows their “environmentalists” - so could be wrong!

7. B is laughing the whole situation off, a lot. - this is not a common or known reaction of a victim of abuse but that of an abuser.

8. When they are first pulled over and when B is being interviewed he keeps mentioning flies. As if flies caused all of this but he was very consistent, clear, and repetitive about her “losing it”, getting “worked up”, then jokingly calls her crazy (biggest red flag for me.)

9. An officer is heard saying G and B had visible marks except only B’s marks are mentioned in the report.

10. B figured out his excuse for hitting the curb, blame Gabby she yanked the wheel -lie. When G was asked about the curb she says she hit him to get his attention the police mentions B said she yanked the wheel then she says I might have for a second -victims are known to defend their abusers and/or are use to being gaslighted they question their own reality and believe the abuser’s versions of fights/arguments/abuse. B was in a fit of rage and was likely driving reckless.

All the signs were there the police officers just missed it. The police were kind and attempting to relate to both B and G but I feel they missed all of the warning signs. I so wish police officers were trained in DV. If someone with DV training was present they would have picked up on all the red flags and maybe the situation wouldn’t be what it is right now. IMO

Thank you! I have been lurking since late last night debating whether or not to join but I couldn’t organise my thoughts into something as perfect as what you just said. I’m glad you mentioned point 2 where BL asked if the PO had spoken to Gabby. That was the moment I thought “oh no”. Following on from that there are so many other red flags. As many here I also have been in a relationship where you are made to feel crazy and slighted, it gets to a point where you think it must be true. You continually apologise for your behaviour even though you probably haven’t done anything “crazy” or wrong.
Another thing I would like to mention is GP saying BL doesn’t believe in her (can’t remember the exact quote sorry), well when talking to the PO BL says at 05:15min “what happened this morning was that she’s trying to start up a little website/blog type of thing”
I mean “little” like lol my gf has a little blog, that’s belittling her completely. Couple that with calling her crazy further on. I don’t know. Anyway hi everyone!

We shouldn’t assume anything about what mental illness(es) either Gabby or Brian may have. As for her saying she has OCD and anxiety, I wouldn’t be surprised if BL ‘diagnosed’ her with that because her cleanliness definitely bothered him (which he himself says in the body cam footage) and gaslit her into thinking shes “crazy” (which he also jokingly says to an officer). Being trapped in a van for months with someone who regularly accuses you of things and blames their problems on you could understandably alter ones perception of themselves.

Bottom line: unless/until we have evidence of either BL or GP having a diagnosed mental illness, I don’t think it’s fair to attribute their behavior to anything other than emotions/tensions running high.
She told police herself she had some kind of condition. Was it OCD she said, and anxiety?

LIVE UPDATES: @NPPDPoliceChief says police are not able to bring in #GabbyPetito's boyfriend Brian Laundrie in for questioning.

@NPPDPoliceChief says they do know where Brian Laundrie is currently

"Everything is being forensically analyzed." - @NPPDPoliceChief

https://twitter.com/gagegoulding/status/1438534816148959234?s=21

@NBC2 #GabbyPetito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics