Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Presser - Garrison: Still analyzing phone data. They don’t know if the Moab disturbance is connected to her disappearance. They know where BL is now. Everything being forensically analyzed. Still a missing person case. Focus isn’t to bring BL in. Focus is to find Gabby. NO GRID SEARCH yet. Still narrowing down geographic location. Tips etc. She’s not on meds, that he’s aware. Evidence from van being analyzed. Long hours being put in by LE. Good cooperation with social media. Not ruling out Moab murders. They have no suspect info there. Being looked at. No evidence foul play with Gabby yet.

This is so aggravating. Not only is the audio incredibly poor, but they don't have any information. Why even have a presser if you can't answer any questions?
to publicize her face - show they are working her case as a missing person - hope for more tips. That's been my experience for holding pressers.
JMO

After watching the body camera footage I have a somewhat different opinion than I did before I watched it.
There's not one bit of evidence that BL was abusive to Gabby. Not one bruise that any relative saw, no prior police records. BL had lots of time and chances to hit Gabby out of the public's view in that van when she was punching him, but he didn't.

Yeah, we don't know ANY of that.
Just as there is not "one bit of evidence" that BL was abusive to Gabby (I would argue her heightened trauma response is ample evidence) there's also no evidence that Gabby didn't have bruises. There's no evidence that mom doesn't have conversations that detail escalating fights. Or a friend doesn't have texts of a bruise.
There's no evidence that BL hasn't hit Gabby many times over.

And more importantly - physical violence isn't the only form of domestic violence. Mental, emotional (to include neglect and abandonment), sexual and financial abuse are also all against the law. Many victims of non physical forms of violence will tell you they would have rather been hit. At least then someone will believe them.

We know she was in SLC.

We have the last phone call with her mother, purportedly on the way to or in Grand Teton NP

This is where we need that surveillance video, store receipts, phone pings, and visual sightings to get reported. NOW

If they can arrest him for anything, they get his fingerprints & DNA, which they will need to fully evaluate the van.

He likely has no fingerprints or DNA on file with LE prior to this episode.
They can get a search warrant for that, provided they have enough probable cause (prints, DNA, body examination).

It may have already happened, and we just don’t know it.

"He has rights" ..........I don't get where not talking should be a right when a persons life could be at risk (called immanent danger by OSHA and triggers special treatment)........explain please someone....benefits/ risk please of not saving the life possibly and he gets to hide????

The press conference was so disappointing. For one, I couldn't hear any of the questions--only the answers.

Second, I don't think anyone asked about where Gabby's phone is and have there been recent activity on Gabbys phone. But it was hard to tell, because the questions were illegible.

Yeah, trying to lock her out of her own car is not "normal stuff between men and women", IMO, as a post on the other thread said. Didn't the earlier police report say, that she was trying to get the keys from him, and he was fending her off, I think he used the term "maneuver" her away, which could mean anything, like push? Maybe she felt he was escalating the altercation, so she tried to defend herself by slapping and/or scratching him? How was she suppoed to get her keys back from a male with around twice her strength? Did the police ask him why he didn't just give her her keys? Did they look at the car registration to ascertain who owned the car?

We have no idea how that scene actually went down. All we know is, that he was refusing to give her the keys to her own car, and subsequently tried to lock her out of her car, and leave her.

He admits he took his hand and "shoved her" in the face.

Probably a very toxic codependent relationship. He was worried she would get in trouble and worrying about her having a record. He also apologized for it getting so public. So this abusive relationship could have been happening behind closed doors for a while now. It seems he was very aware and made several statements about them arguing like that in public. I'm thinking they kept this part of their relationship hidden from their family as best they could.

I don’t think he didn’t want her arrested for HER sake, because look, she is missing and he doesn’t care. Why would he care about her having a record? He didn’t want her arrested and questioned because then she would feel safer to admit that he has been violent toward her and that she scratched him in self defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member