Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"He has rights" ..........I don't get where not talking should be a right...explain please someone....benefits/ risk please

It's the US Constitution? We have the right not to self-incriminate. We have the right to remain silent (and not talk to the police). It's been upheld by the Supreme Court for decades (hence, the Miranda warning).

Not talking = silent. Again, we have the right to remain silent when faced with police...

Probably a very toxic codependent relationship. He was worried she would get in trouble and worrying about her having a record. He also apologized for it getting so public. So this abusive relationship could have been happening behind closed doors for a while now. It seems he was very aware and made several statements about them arguing like that in public. I'm thinking they kept this part of their relationship hidden from their family as best they could.

I don’t think he didn’t want her arrested for HER sake, because look, she is missing and he doesn’t care. Why would he care about her having a record? He didn’t want her arrested and questioned because then she would feel safer to admit that he has been violent toward her and that she scratched him in self defense. Once she was out of his presence he couldn’t control her anymore and the truth would come out. Moo.

Press conference just ended. No new info. Pretty pointless
I just feel like having a presser like that will just show BL and his parents that they have NOTHING to go on and he will continue to be quiet. IMO
My heart is just breaking for her family knowing he knows where they can look for their daughter. This is just terrible for them and for GP!

Tbf- BL told LE he locked them both out of the van because he didn’t want her to drive away and leave him stranded…. (Kinda ironic seeing as that’s exactly what he did) so I understand having both of them take a break and walk away from the situation. I do believe GP used violence against BL but I also have this very strange gut feeling that is saying BL may not “physically abuse” GP but I would bet money he’s an extremely emotionally/mentally abusive person. This was only ever going to end badly. I wish BL would have just stayed in FL when he flew back and they ended the relationship because now we have a girl MIA (hate to be Debbie downer but knowing her personality and communication habits with her family, she is probably not with us anymore and not just “Mia”….) and this guy is the only one who can tell us whatever happened! But his silence is telling- he knows if he tells them where they last were etc they will likely find a body and he also knows that will end his life as he knows it. He’s likely hoping that the wildlife and elements take care of the evidence and has the mentality of “no body no case”….. lucky for us that’s not entirely true and even if they can’t find a body if they can find enough information to reasonably assume she’s dead and he did it then they can still take him to trial. I truly hope they find her body ASAP. He needs to be in jail NOW!

You are right on the money! This and you're previous post in Thread 3 I couldn't quote but I agree with you 100% on all points.

Apologies as I am late to this but is there any insight into Gabby’s life after high school? She said on the footage that she had been a nutritionist, but I was unable to find anything regarding university or past jobs. I see that she loved travel, and am wondering how she was able to sustain her life with little to no income. I recall reading about Gabby purchasing the van, but I want to know more about her. I’m only seeing socmedia life, not what type of individual she was.

We know she was in SLC.

We have the last phone call with her mother, purportedly on the way to or in Grand Teton NP

This is where we need that surveillance video, store receipts, phone pings, and visual sightings to get reported. NOW

Agree. And, this is also why I stand by my unprofessional opinion that the double homicide is unrelated. Nothing is ever ruled out in an investigation until it is definitively ruled out, and this is the only reason why I believe the police made this statement. There is probably a less than 1% chance that this incident is related to that.

The characterization of Gabby and Brian by the cops makes me sick. Who are they to say that she's manic and he's calm? People handle stress in different ways. She seems to understand the gravity of the situation - being pulled over, possibly being charged with a crime, and being trapped with a person she does not get a long with. He seems to respond by talking and laughing and telling jokes - not dissimilar to Chris Watts. To take all of that at face value and call her "crazy" and him "composed" is just disgusting by LE here.

I just feel like having a presser like that will just show BL and his parents that they have NOTHING to go on and he will continue to be quiet. IMO
My heart is just breaking for her family knowing he knows where they can look for their daughter. This is just terrible for them and for GP!
There’s no way they have “nothing to go on.”

Both Gabby and Brian had phones, and those phone records will tell a story. It will give law enforcement areas of interest to search, and help them obtain surveillance video.

Purchase records, and forensics related to the van, will also help. This stuff takes time.

DV is not just physical. Red flags I noticed, based on the Power and Control Wheel developed by the Domestic Abuse Intervention Project in Duluth, MN

Using coercion and threats
- threatening to leave (why, if they were both just going to take walks, as he claimed, did she have to force herself into the driver's side door and climb over him? he had locked her out; the implication that he was leaving was clear)
Using emotional abuse
- putting her down ("she's crazy")
- making her feel bad about herself (she blamed herself for being 'OCD'; he didn't think she could become an influencer)
- making her think she's crazy (If he said "she's crazy" so casually to the police, chances are he's said it directly to her before, too)
- making her feel guilty (her repeated "I'm sorry")
Using isolation
- controlling what she does... where she goes (he was the primary driver; he wanted to leave the public coffee shop, so they did; told her that she needed to take a walk to cool down)
Minimizing, denying, blaming
- making light of abuse (him joking with police about the whole situation)
- shifting responsibility for abusive behavior (he said he was grabbing her face because she was trying to get the keys - which are hers!)
- saying she caused it
Using male privilege
- acting like "master of the castle" (the fight was, according to him, because he kept tracking dirt into the van and moving her things around, which he just laughs off like she's being unreasonable to ask him to clean up after himself)

Attachments

• abuse-power-control.png
    abuse-power-control.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 18
They can get a search warrant for that, provided they have enough probable cause (prints, DNA, body examination).

It may have already happened, and we just don’t know it.
DNA or fingerprints at this point are pretty useless- they will be all over inside that van on every object. They lived in it.

Unless there was a bloody knife (sorry for being graphic) with his DNA... but he would be in jail if they found anything like that.

The only interesting DNA from that van will be if there are 2 female profiles or 2 male profiles.

Bodycam footage shows cops asking Gabby Petito why she SLAPPED boyfriend days before she vanished | Daily Mail Online
At about 02:33 in the first video in this article; Gabby says --through sobs -- that , (paraphrased, not exact words) "...he wouldn't let me in ..." as in the van.
The cop asks , "...why wouldn't he let you in ...because of your ocd...?" Gabby responds,"Yeah...".
A few thoughts ... I myself do not have ocd, so I can't say how a person acts who has this diagnosis --- but to be locked out of essentially one's home, whilst many miles away from anyone would cause anyone to overreact.
I know for a fact I'd be frightened and if I was already over emotional or anything else-- it would increase any issues I already had.
And from this snippet of video it sounds like this had happened before !
Eta : Bolded the last part of previous sentence as I think it gives a clue towards Gabby's state of mind.

Abuse doesn't have to be physical.
It can be controlling and emotional.
Cruel words and/or insults.
And regardless of the van ownership (although I believe it was her van, so he hadn't the right to take control of her car), to lock someone out is despicable.

My opinion is that LE do not name a 'person of interest' without good cause.
They're more hesitant to do so than they used to be, as naming someone a poi starts the clock ticking.

Also from the link :

'I don't care what happens to him right now,' said Petito's father.
'That can't be my primary focus if he's going to sit in the comfort of his home, you know, and get home cooked meals, why my daughter's out, you know, God knows where, you know, I don't give two craps about him.'
'I got to be out there to help her, because the one person who is supposed to be leading the charge is sitting home in his lazy boy chair, you know, not talking to anybody.'
Jon said learning about the August 12 incident and Laundrie being named a person of interest, had left him feeling 'it's not what you thought it was.'
However, he said he just wants to keep the focus on finding his daughter.
'It's not what you thought it was,' he said.
'August 12, the person of interest... I get it from a legal side of it but from a family side we don't have Gabby.

'I want to care about finding my daughter first. That's my first objective.'

Emphasis mine.

That poor dad and her stepdad and mom.
Their babygirl is missing and the only one who can help is silent. :(

Imo.

Last edited:
It's the US Constitution? We have the right not to self-incriminate. We have the right to remain silent (and not talk to the police). It's been upheld by the Supreme Court for decades (hence, the Miranda warning).

Not talking = silent. Again, we have the right to remain silent when faced with police...
why???? why does any human have that right what is the argument????need to know motown

Yeah, we don't know ANY of that.
Just as there is not "one bit of evidence" that BL was abusive to Gabby (I would argue her heightened trauma response is ample evidence) there's also no evidence that Gabby didn't have bruises. There's no evidence that mom doesn't have conversations that detail escalating fights. Or a friend doesn't have texts of a bruise.
There's no evidence that BL hasn't hit Gabby many times over.

And more importantly - physical violence isn't the only form of domestic violence. Mental, emotional (to include neglect and abandonment), sexual and financial abuse are also all against the law. Many victims of non physical forms of violence will tell you they would have rather been hit. At least then someone will believe them.

<modsnip>... if you start with the presupposition that BL is an abuser... it's clear from this forum that EVERYTHING he does (or we imagine he does) is some kind of evidence of some kind of abuse... and if we see him do something objectively good... well that's just the way clever abusers are!

I heard GP crying in the car because she's tired, dirty, living in a tough situation, and her boyfriend doesn't believe she'll become a TikTok star. People on this forum hear he's mentally and financially abusing her - while trying to steal her car!

Well we now know Gabby doesn’t drive the van, or at least prefers not to, so this could be the reason she gave it to Brian, if she’s anxious about driving the van she’s not gonna haul it all the way home alone is she.

If you watch their youtube video, Gabby is driving for a lot of it on interstate roads.
She's about to get into the van and drive away but her question is about driving it the next morning? It seems odd to me and I wonder if she was just trying to find out where they were taking him.

It was her van. She would be entitled to lock him out.

his address wasn’t on the registration? He didn’t put his own money and work into the van? He was the primary driver of the vehicle?

If that person is in possible danger, yes.

This is what I'm finding most telling. The complete shut out by the lawyer. If Gabby walked off, or even if there was an accident the lawyer is obligated to give information to police if he knows that she's in danger. It's one of the only exceptions to attorney-client privilege.
The attorney isn't saying anything which tells me he knows that Gabby isn't in danger because she's already deceased.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question! So, if I am understanding this correctly an attorney could have information that someone is deceased and they don’t have to at least report that information to LE? I am genuinely just asking out of curiosity and because I feel it pertains to Gaby of course - I mean that attorney could have known for 10 days and not be obligated to report anything to LE even without naming his client or how he came of the information- if I am understanding that correctly I am also quite alarmed at that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avocadotoast