Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know exactly, lol, it just seems like if he did in fact tell his parents he was going for a hike, and didn't return, and with the car being left there, then the FBI showing up due to 'intelligence' and searching that vast expanse I figured it was the easiest and most likely solution. In other cases, the perp has taken his own life after doing damage and murdering someone, not unheard of. And the reserve does seem like a place that is extremely difficult to search and find a body. Or maybe he met his demise amongst the alligators. I guess I'm just going with the thought that the FBI has alot more info than we do, so they know what they are doing. I could change my mind though, just an instinct from following so many cases. :)

Thank you for the reply. I agree the FBI has a whole lot more info than we do.

By now the whole world knows BL and his family <modsnip>. He buys a new phone with no concern that GP might call to get her van and her belongings? He and his parents knew she wouldn't and why she couldn't. Did they think she would just give him the van? Or that she'd say keep all of my belongings? There is no way they didn't know what happened. They are just as guilty IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps not the knowledge and not sure he'd be able to play it cool enough to approach someone about the possibility. Kind of a black market-esque thing. Although, Andrew Cunanan got around (even using his own name) for over a month after he was put on the FBI 10 Most Wanted. Adrenaline or stupidity or both.
You've helped me segue into this: Do we know anything about this guy's associations outside his family? We all rightfully are wondering about the parents' role, but I wonder if he had any seedy friends to speak of.

Cunanan though was older and more sophisticated, could blend in with the "upper crust" crowd. He was able to navigate based on his skill and knowledge set, though as you mention some of it was definitely pure emotion.

Haven't heard of too many friends, checking wasn't there a friend that said he was into deception-type books or something?

Labor day special?

Then it had to be bought on the camping trip, but there is supposedly video evidence of Brian at the AT&T store by home buying it with his mom. So two phones or what?

I realize as you said before, there may have been 2 separate purchases on 2 different days.
Brian Laundrie ‘bought burner phone’ on the day he disappeared from parent’s home
Weird. I guess it is a possibility that the lawyer is not lying that he bought a phone on the 4th (that he left at home on the 14th) …but is carefully leaving out the part where he also bought another phone on the 14th (that he took with him)?

Since it is an AT&T contracted phone, I doubt he’d take that on-the-run. But possible.

I’m sticking to the one phone story and thinking the TMZ source wasn’t accurate unless we hear more.

But given this lawyer, I can see that careful phrasing being a workaround……

Last edited:
This thread is now Open

Be sure to follow the TOS and abide by any thread specific rules stated on page 1. There are only a few mods here who volunteer to support the threads. Help us keep this thread open by following the TOS.

Violators will receive an immediate 5 day time out.
Thank you!

Cunanan though was older and more sophisticated, could blend in with the "upper crust" crowd. He was able to navigate based on his skill and knowledge set, though as you mention some of it was definitely pure emotion.

Haven't heard of too many friends, checking wasn't there a friend that said he was into deception-type books or something?
Would love to see that friend source you mentioned, that sounds like something I want to follow up on!

The first reservation was for 2. The second reservation for the 6th through 8th was for three - not 4.
Why? Because, they all knew there WAS NO 4TH. PERSON.

Right. When Brian got home on September 1st, he was not with Gabby. Brian could have given them any story about why she wasn't with him to even include that he already dropped her off in NY because she wanted to see her family or something. So yeah, his mom made the reservation on September 3rd for three.

I get that you are saying there is a chance they knew she was dead, but there's also an equal chance he lied to them and they didn't.

BL as witnessed in now infamous Moab LE video likes to talk and talk and talk. Am I the only one who noticed his seeming utmost respect for LE with all the "I'm sorry" etc...in regard to hitting the curb and driving too fast?

I say this because I believe this may have been the part of him who gave IMO one heck of a story to his parents who obviously were so taken aback by what he must have told them had happened, that they bought him a replacement phone, tried to comfort him with mom n son bike rides, took him camping (changing their original plan of just the two of them and adding BL to the reservation). Who knows..maybe it was something like ..OMG, she is crazy, she went nuts on me, I had to run and leave her...that's why I took the van. Perhaps he even went as far to say...im done with her. Don't answer the phone if she calls don't answer to her parents.. I want her out of my life....all the while continuing with ...she is crazy....

This might be why his parents initially were so cold and not answering phone calls from Gabby's family.

But....then RL calls 911 fearing her son who is missing might try and kill himself. Says he left his wallet and phone. I am thinking perhaps RL did help BL go into hiding. Then days later she finds his phone...freaks out because she realizes he had hidden it purposely without her knowledge so he could not be traced. Then momma bear kicks in and she panics thinking OMG he's gone rogue .....what if....then calls 911.

Just trying to make some sense of WHY this mother and father are behaving this way in regard to the young lady their son wanted to marry and who was living with them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member