Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #44

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes me uneasy as I feel like it goes against what @NCWatcher said about how confidentiality is important to patient-provider trust and openness and therapeutic effect. Question: can lawyers be subpoenaed or called to testify (not in a case they are trying but against their own prior clients)? I feel like the rule of confidentiality — in regards to being allowed to subpoena private information shared in a private, confidential meeting with a paying client — should be the same for medical or mental health professionals as legal professionals.

Like, I get it. I get why it’s important. But it just seems to me like a sticky spot IMO

Of course, there is likely tons of legal precedent and experts who’ve argued this and decided on the rules as they are and I trust their judgement over mine!

The only thing a therapist or other medical provider has is a right against personal self-incrimination - 5th Amendment. Courts have a right to everything else. Some records can be sealed, for example in the case of a minor, however. There few exceptions.

You could be right but Im not sure flip phones always had SIM cards

It has to have the equivalent of a SIM, even if it is attached to the main board in the phone. It can't connect to any phone service without the equivalent of a SIM - but back in those days, none of us gave that a thought, we just picked up the phone and started using it. Frankly, I still don't know how to remove my SIM card, despite watching youtubes. This is only the second phone I've had where the SIM was user-removable.

I'm fine with AT&T knowing where I am.

For all anyone knows, he could have hopped a freight train and is now in chicago, detroit, indy, NY, or anyway else in or outside the U.S.

Many, many vids on YT on how to travel without getting caught on a train.
Maybe he traded the vanlife for the trainlife.
MOO
Yes! I’ve thought about this quite a bit and my own opinion is that if somebody murdered another they would not choose a swamp to hunker down in.
He and if any others might be involved have to have thought this out more carefully.

If in a swamp not much to eat or drink even with Life Alert bottle. Time marches on. Cold, damp, bugs.
No I just don’t see. Florida swamp being where he’s hiding.

Shout out to the Mods for their dedication and hard work!! I can't imagine having to read and edit threads of repetitive information. I've had to step away from this thread specifically bc it moves so very quickly and there is no new information. I'm hoping BL's sorry ace is caught soon.
You said it!!

Brian's depop shop is now deactivated. It was still working as of yesterday. This leads me to believe his bank accounts might be frozen
Interesting. It's also possible that depop wanted to de-associate themselves from the case and deactivated it so people would stop sending messages, etc. (just speculation on my part).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253