Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, sorry, that's incorrect. JP has stated clearly he c was never physically there and there is no evidence to suggest that the GP family reached out to the L family before the 10th.
Okay, I will toss out that theory then. Thanks. Why were the police called to the house then I wonder?

Why wasn't the second bodycam video released with the first one? (that's rhetorical) What about the other bodycams including the female officer.

There is a second witness who is not interviewed on the second bodycam video. Where is the second witness interview???? On another separate video???

To the Moab PD: Release ALL the videos please!

This is speculation, but an educated guess at the least--- I think that her family had been calling BL and his parents and his sister, asking for news about Gabby because they couldn't reach her. They tried for over a week and finally Gabby's dad drove over to their home---and saw the van.

At that point he had to be very angry and confused that no one was answering their phones.
This is why I want the call logs released without the redaction
I feel the same Btw
JMO

Wow, thanks for posting. :eek: I just can’t figure out why the 2 calls BEFORE GP was reported missing?

One was by her father on the 10th when he couldn’t get ahold of his daughter. The other one was probably by her mom when she reported her missing and gave them the Laundrie’s address since it was GP’s current home address. Or perhaps the 2nd call to police was when GP’s dad learned the van was there but but GP.

You might be right. But there are reports that her did drive past their home and saw the van. And reports that police were called that day. So he may have driven there, even if it was hours away. I'd drive endless hours to try and find my daughter.
I would too, but the police say that he was not physically at the home, but he may have driven past. I have not seen any reports of that.

I think this whole emphasis on only water from both of them was so odd. A gator aide although not the best source has at least some electrolytes and sugar that she could have used. She said in the new video they had no water and were driving to the park to get water. That is dangerous for various reasons, a breakdown on the side of the road in that kind of heat…. We always have water. At least she accepted the water bottles. The phone call with the witness was also odd. The guy that witnessed said over and over it was just not right or off the whole argument witnessing the encounter.
JMO thoughts from just reviewing the new footage.

This is speculation, but an educated guess at the least--- I think that her family had been calling BL and his parents and his sister, asking for news about Gabby because they couldn't reach her. They tried for over a week and finally Gabby's dad drove over to their home---and saw the van.

At that point he had to be very angry and confused that no one was answering their phones.
No, sorry, that's incorrect. JP has stated clearly he c was never physically there and there is no evidence to suggest that the GP family reached out to the L family before the 10th.
Okay, I will toss out that theory then. Thanks. Why were the police called to the house then I wonder?
It was related to them trying to report her missing but there's been nothing stated about just how they learned the van was there and she wasn't

I read 2 and a half hours away. But, I would have driven to Wyoming if my child was missing. He has a take charge personality and I'm sure he felt if they won't answer the phone I'll go find out myself. He went at least by there and saw the van. Then he he took action. Thank goodness. MOO
I would have, too. I hope that he didn't though, because his attorney said he d never even been on that BLOCK.... jmo

GP (successfully) reported missing 11 September
BL last seen (per his parents) 14 September
BL named "POI" 15 September
BL federal arrest warrant issued 23 September

I know we all know this timeline. But I summarize it because I simply cannot believe that on 30 September 2021 THE FBI CONTINUES TO "COLLECT SAMPLES."

They've been to the house at LEAST three times. They've had WEEKS! WHAT AREN'T THEY MANAGING TO GET THAT THEY HAVE TO KEEP "GOING BACK FOR" and what can we expect the integrity of these items to be at this stage in the game?

IMO, I am concerned this is police work "on the fly" without a real mission focus and/or plan, because this is not an ideal way to collect ANYTHING. Welcome thoughts and challenges.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Poor poor Gabby. That video was very very very hard for me to watch. You can tell she’s just so scared and trying to give them hints without saying the words. And I don’t give a crap if a woman slaps a man.. does NOT give him the right to put hands on her and leave marks. Period. This all could’ve been avoided if those cops would have done more for her. I praise LE all the time.. but a few years back I had 2 local police officers pull up on my vehicle while I was pregnant and one of them was sympathetic to my situation at the time and the other was not. Bad cop wouldn’t even let me go into my home to use the restroom so needless to say he had to clean up the back seat of his squad car. I just wished that they would have made Gabby feel more comfortable. I now DEFINITELY want Brian Laundrie caught and to suffer the sentence that he gets for whatever he did to her. She did not deserve any of it one bit. And with all of these videos coming out where he clearly abused her I feel so bad for her family knowing they were most likely not aware of how bad it was for her. Maybe (IMO) she finally told him she had enough and wanted her mama and he snapped. Either way.. poor Gabby.

Exactly. It doesn't matter if she hit him first. Unless it was self-defense (LOL sarcasm) that didn't give him the right to hit her back.

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone read the book BL was reading on the trip in the desert areas: Annihilation? Seems like he wanted to make people think GP had gone to Yosemite and would not have cell service and he expected that she wouldn't be found or ID'd in Wyoming. Just wondering if that's how things went in that book.
I’ve read the book & seen the movie (book is way better). It’s hard to explain, & I don’t want to give away spoilers, but to speak in general terms it was written with super strong female characters who are all scientists, & what happens to them can be characterized as somewhat supernatural. (Edit to add: in terms of the backstory, it’s actually one of the women’s husbands who goes missing initially, so it kind of turns a lot of tropes around.)

The author, Jeff VanderMeer, lives in Florida & is a huge environmentalist, & he’s a really popular writer with millennials & gen Z (among others, of course), so I honestly think it was just a popular book & there’s not too much to glean from it in terms of BL. JMO of course!!

Last edited:
After watching the 2nd body cam I am even more enraged at anyone who characterized Gabby as “hysterical” in their articles. Nothing of the like. She was a little flustered but well spoken. Got more upset reasonably as she was characterized as the aggressor and the one in trouble for the incident. She was overwhelmed, and upset, naturally, and at other times very calm. I don’t like the term hysterical for that interaction.

Could look at it another way-Not that the media was trying to paint her as hysterical in judgement of her, but in support of the idea that clearly she was terrified of BL b/c her reaction, they posit, was disproportionate to the situation she & BL described.
I'd have to see the context you're seeing. Not always, but generally the media loves to put the would-be perp on public trial, not the victim. Especially a victim who they deem to be appealing to the public.
Disclaimer: If he's guilty, I don't care if the media flames him all the way to hell.

Why wasn't the second bodycam video released with the first one? (that's rhetorical) What about the other bodycams including the female officer.

There is a second witness who is not interviewed on the second bodycam video. Where is the second witness interview???? On another separate video???

To the Moab PD: Release ALL the videos please!

I believe the female officer and the other male officer at the stop were from the National Park Service, so not a part of Moab PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l