Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t read the “they bought the van” as in they both contributed it, I read that as it was something they did on their own. Their own idea, one or both of their money paid for it. I don’t think it necessarily means both contributed financially. I think it was titled in her name because she paid for it with her own money. Like you said, she traded in a car. Van life seemed to be her idea, and doesn’t seem like he liked it at all. I’m sure she paid for it.

Yes! Depending on Florida law, they might have to show proof of personal property taxes being paid to get plates for the van. If they put his name on the title and he has any sort of outstanding personal property bill, he would have to pay those pers prop taxes before either of them could get plates for the vehicle. Just a thought, IMO.

My theory is that maybe they know somehow that he’s deceased because the description is so vague it really could be anyone so they don’t need the publics help, they even left out the colour of the backpack. I’m not a hundred percent on the route to the preserve but wouldn’t he have to go through some form of cctv so they could at least see the top part of him.Obviously JMO it just seems odd to me.

If they know he is deceased they should share that publicly. And they should mourn.

I’m a Floridian…. There is salt & fresh out there everywhere. The Everglades are fresh water…It feeds our water systems, which is usually why we get gators in our local lakes around neighborhoods, they come through the canals that are everywhere. I’ve often wonder if BL could be somewhere in the Everglades. It’s so vast, has the Big Cypress Seminole Indian reservation, Everglades National Park and much more. Loaded w/alligators because it is fresh water…very few roads, most are access roads for various reasons with Tamiami Trail/Alligator Alley being the most popular. It connects both sides of our state and when driving across, the alligators are usually everywhere on the banks. While I can’t see BL choosing that area, it is close to his last known whereabouts (if we can believe what’s been said) and it is remote…and it will stay warm all year long. Florida’s vegetation is green all year long. Trees do lose their leaves but grow back in immediately there after (South Florida). It’s anyone’s guess where he is, sadly.
Floridian here. I completely agree. This is spot on.

But still they would attempt - they would say what they last saw him in. He lived at home. Mom could see what clothes are missing and if he packed a bag. My point is they made no effort to describe anything and that is very telling

He lived at home but he's mostly been gone for months. I wouldn't expect the mother to be able to figure out exactly which clothes are missing myself. Heck, I wouldn't be able to tell if anything was missing from my partner's closet unless it was something big like his favorite sports jacket or winter coat. But whether t-shirts or jeans or shorts are gone? Nope.
JMO

My theory is that maybe they know somehow that he’s deceased because the description is so vague it really could be anyone so they don’t need the publics help, they even left out the colour of the backpack. I’m not a hundred percent on the route to the preserve but wouldn’t he have to go through some form of cctv so they could at least see the top part of him.Obviously JMO it just seems odd to me.

If they know he is deceased they should share that publicly. And they should mourn.
We actually do not know if the parents revealed any details like that, or if the police have decided not to reveal the details.

Police said on Twitter that it was the first time the Laundrie family had spoken with them in detail about the case.
Gabby Petito timeline: Everything we know about her disappearance

What we are doing is speculating about things we do not know. imo

Perhaps the FBI don't want a potential lynch mob going after BL, or anyone messing up the investigation for them ... I haven't seen them ask for any help to find him.

They officially reported him as missing. Everyone who does that gives a description.

Several times Gabby said he was leaving with her "work", officer did not deign to ask her what her work was, and how impacted she would be if he took her vehicle, all her things, and her "work", too.

At that point in the video, GP was about to get arrested and they were discussing how to separate BL and GP without booking her into jail. Since BL indicated they couldn't afford a hotel the discussion had moved to BL camping out and GP staying in the van. They were asking BL if he was ok leaving to domicile and letting GP stay there instead. It wasn't about ownership of the van. The van was there domicile. If they lived in a house owned by a male aggressor LE wouldn't make the female leave the home because it was owned by the aggressor. I am certain LE knew who owned the van at that point. Its almost the first thing they do in a stop is run the plates.

Aaahhh, YES! I totally blanked that it was in fact their “domicile”.. . DUH! You hit the nail on the head there! I was just so in the line of ownership of the van I didn’t consider the domicile factor. Thank you!!!

He lived at home but he's mostly been gone for months. I wouldn't expect the mother to be able to figure out exactly which clothes are missing myself. Heck, I wouldn't be able to if anything was missing from my partner's closet unless it was something big like his favorite sports jacket or winter coat. But whether t-shirts or jeans or shorts are gone? Nope.
Maybe they did not really SEE him leave and took a wild guess that he left with a backpack.....................jmo

Not being forthcoming with LE doesn't pile up charges down the road. Committing crimes does. Admitting to crimes or lying to LE would also get the charges piled up. That is why staying silent is the best option in certain circumstances.
I'm not a lawyer, but I agree silence in itself is not going to pile up charges. I meant if they are withholding material information relevant to the investigation I assume that could be construed as obstruction. None of us know what their situation is on that front, LE isn't commenting on it and they aren't commenting on it. So I'll just leave it at if I were them, I'd hire a different guy.

He lived at home but he's mostly been gone for months. I wouldn't expect the mother to be able to figure out exactly which clothes are missing myself. Heck, I wouldn't be able to if anything was missing from my partner's closet unless it was something big like his favorite sports jacket or winter coat. But whether t-shirts or jeans or shorts are gone? Nope.
Agreed. I sometimes find my own clothes that have fallen behind the headboard or whatever and never even noticed they were missing.

I hope my 22 year old daughter never comes to me asking for $50K to finance a boat trip down the coast with her loser boyfriend to document on social media. I suspect all the parents were footing the bill for this adventure. There is no way they bought and paid for that van with jobs at Publix and Taco Bell. It was a recipe for disaster.

We have a lot of adult kids. A lot of drama, bad times, and yes some LE tangled. Emotionally charged break ups. Tough stretches. My kids not braggin’ subjects all
Iof the time. We would not permit long term “live in” situation of friends or SOs like the Laundries did. You want to live with someone, you gotta be able to pay for it.

But these two, BL and GP knew each other for a while. I can see how the parents bought into this. And from what we can see so far, even from GP’s father’s assessment, there were no red flags. No police reports of DV at the residence. No neighbors saying they fought. Those houses are right on top of each other so not much would escape. And the friends are not saying much.

It seems to me that this was a slowly deteriorating situation. The on and off engagement doesn’t sound good to me. This trip probably was an excitement generator for the entire family. Yes, it’s possible to save $50k or more in a couple of years if living rent free. Looks like parents of both sides were picking up a lot of their expenses and likely cheering them on for this trip of a lifetime. Gabby traded in her car for the van— it was a 2012, and apparently BL put in a lot of sweat equity to outfit it.

Such a tragedy that the trip ended that way

I'm not a lawyer, but I agree silence in itself is not going to pile up charges. I meant if they are withholding material information relevant to the investigation I assume that could be construed as obstruction. None of us know what their situation is on that front, LE isn't commenting on it and they aren't commenting on it. So I'll just leave it at if I were them, I'd hire a different guy.
They will have to hire another attorney and they are facing tremendous legal expenses. Right now is the easy and inexpensive time for them.

I don’t read the “they bought the van” as in they both contributed it, I read that as it was something they did on their own. Their own idea, one or both of their money paid for it. I don’t think it necessarily means both contributed financially. I think it was titled in her name because she paid for it with her own money. Like you said, she traded in a car. Van life seemed to be her idea, and doesn’t seem like he liked it at all. I’m sure she paid for it.
Also, I think she picked that particular van because it would be easier to drive. A larger van would have more space, but would be more expensive and harder to maneuver.

So her parents probably bought her the van, and supported this cross country trip with Brian. I would assume they approved of him and didn't think she was in an abusive relationship.

Since the van has FL plates and GP and BL were living with his parents, I thought the van may have been purchased there. Does anyone know if that is correct? Also, I believe GP had a car prior to the van, the one they drove across country at another time. They decided it was not suitable for a “van life” trip in the future, so perhaps she traded it in. It sounds like GP’s mother and stepfather live in NY area, and I’m not sure when her father and stepmother moved to FL to be closer to GP. Obviously they’ve known BL over several years, but I wonder how WELL they knew him. Did either side of GP’s family spend enough time to really judge the health of the relationship?

Yes! Depending on Florida law, they might have to show proof of personal property taxes being paid to get plates for the van. If they put his name on the title and he has any sort of outstanding personal property bill, he would have to pay those pers prop taxes before either of them could get plates for the vehicle. Just a thought, IMO.

Just adding to this, someone told me in a previous thread that in FL whoever is on the title has to also be on the registration. I don’t know if that’s straight from the DMV or not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l