Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just occurred to me that had the family hired an attorney for BL whose specialty is criminal law, it could be perceived as the family knowing he is guilty of homicide. Instead, they went with an attorney who does not specialize in criminal law and they will most likely switch attorneys if BL is caught and charged. Not a moment before. IMO.

I don't know why you'd bother hiring any lawyer at all in that case. If someone tried to hire me for a real estate transaction I don't know I'd be any more help than the family dog except I can read.

There are also plenty of lawyers who specialize in both civil and criminal defense. Or defense attorneys who also do civil litigation like in civil rights cases or cases against LE or prisons. I think that would have been a more reasonable choice.

There were posts last night questioning if the registration was checked on the van during the Moab stop. It must have been, because the police report lists the van owner as Gabrielle Petito.
https://www.scribd.com/document/525514584/Petito-Redacted
Is that one of the reasons that GP was left alone in that van, while BL was bought a hotel room? I kind of think it would have been nice to have left BL along the side of the road, as he seemed to threaten or try to do to GP.

I watched the Dr Phil interview today with GPs father and 2 things stuck out for me:
He was ADAMANT that van belonged to Gabby and he’s a super protective dad, if I was BL I’d be more scared about facing her father than facing LE

Several times Gabby said he was leaving with her "work", officer did not deign to ask her what her work was, and how impacted she would be if he took her vehicle, all her things, and her "work", too.
Well, they did ask her what she did for a living. She talked about how she wanted to be an influencer, that she had been working all day on her YouTube channel and that Brian didn't believe she could do it.

Also I wonder who bought the van? Didn't they both work at Publix and maybe she worked at Taco Bell and as a Pharmacy Tech? I'm guessing her parents did? How much do those type of vehicles cost?

As far as I know, Gabby is the one who sold her car for partial payment of the van. Brian didn’t sell anything-and I don’t know which of them put cash down, but it’s always been caled “Gabby’s van”. There isn’t anything out there that has established it as “Brian’s van”.

Yes! Depending on Florida law, they might have to show proof of personal property taxes being paid to get plates for the van. If they put his name on the title and he has any sort of outstanding personal property bill, he would have to pay those pers prop taxes before either of them could get plates for the vehicle. Just a thought, IMO.
When u purchase a.vehicle the dealership gets.the plates.and registration! U get a temp.plate till the real.one comes.in the mail
You don't need proof of property taxes

Here's a thought about status of BL...and i know it's been discussed but the simplicity of why i think he's alive really hit me.

If he had succumbed to the elements, as a parent I'd be marching right into where ever I 'last saw' him to find him.
Mothers take bullets for their kids, will walk across fire, and any other adage you can find out there.
No, it's so ridiculously elementary, IF you thought your child was being digested by a big gator or a wild boar; you would not casually leave the house and go to walmart. You are paralyzed with grief and worry.

JMO.

But still they would attempt - they would say what they last saw him in. He lived at home. Mom could see what clothes are missing and if he packed a bag. My point is they made no effort to describe anything and that is very telling

They don't seem to be making any attempt for sure but when my adult son stayed with me for a while, I did laundry because it was much safer for my cothes but I honestly wouldn't have any idea of what specific items were missing but I would have noticed if something unique was missing or if there was a considerable amount missing.

Is that one of the reasons that GP was left alone in that van, while BL was bought a hotel room? I kind of think it would have been nice to have left BL along the side of the road, as he seemed to threaten or try to do to GP.
They appear to have taken the view that BL was the DV victim, which made him eligible for a safe place to stay for the night.

Maybe, but for me. If I knew that's what my child did, I would want to help find his body asap instead of letting him rot on the ground somewhere. Imo
If you had already told LE that you knew or believed your child was dead in the Reserve what else could you possibly do to find the body. You are watching over a million dollars getting spent to look for him who else could you tell to do a better/faster job than the group already looking?

I don't know why you'd bother hiring any lawyer at all in that case. If someone tried to hire me for a real estate transaction I don't know I'd be any more help than the family dog except I can read.

Yes, it seems like a waste of money for sure. That would make more sense to hire atty when he is caught and charged.

There are also plenty of lawyers who specialize in both civil and criminal defense. Or defense attorneys who also do civil litigation like in civil rights cases or cases against LE or prisons. I think that would have been a more reasonable choice.

If he's on an aircraft or a cruise, it's a limited scope because he's in an enclosure -- much smaller than the world at large. Perfect. And dumb, IMO.
Go get 'im, Feds!

We will never know, obviously. But IMO she was so beaten down and broken that day that she might have disclosed had they gotten her to a location where BL wasn’t in sight and had someone experienced in DV, like a social worker or a therapist, talk to her. From there they could have potentially had enough to arrest BL and help Gabby make an escape plan, such as her parents coming to get her or sending her a plane ticket home to them.

But it often takes multiple tries for a DV victim to actually leave their abuser so that may not have worked either. I think what I wish is that she had at least felt validated that day instead of the cops seemingly buddying up to Brian and discussing how crazy their women are.
BBM
Yes, I want to believe that I'm jaded from my own experience and that they were just bonding to get him to admit to something, but the whole thing felt so sincere. Not to bash LE. No matter what mistakes they made here, they don't deserve the regret that will haunt them the rest of their lives.

I hope my 22 year old daughter never comes to me asking for $50K to finance a boat trip down the coast with her loser boyfriend to document on social media. I suspect all the parents were footing the bill for this adventure. There is no way they bought and paid for that van with jobs at Publix and Taco Bell. It was a recipe for disaster.
Looks like the asking price for 2012 Transit Connect vans is currently between $12,000 and $16,000 dollars. If GP was not paying any rent or utilities while living at the Laundrie's home it wouldn't take too long to save that much money. JMO.

Used 2012 Ford Transit Connect for Sale Near Me | Edmunds

They don't seem to be making any attempt for sure but when my adult son stayed with me for a while, I did laundry because it was much safer for my cothes but I honestly wouldn't have any idea of what specific items were missing but I would have noticed if something unique was missing or if there was a considerable amount missing.
My adult son lives with me (it's a long sad story), but I have no idea what he wore this morning when he went out the door, but...I do have Ring doorbell that would have caught him, so I would have a clue. Do they have a Ring doorbell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l