Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone said earlier...they were eligible (or she was) for the stimulus money. That may have been a nice nest egg for the trip. Her mom said that "THEY" bought the van. jmo

That's not that much money, IMO. If they were not contributing to household expenses, like utilities and electricity, his parents might have claimed them as dependents.

Well, they did ask her what she did for a living. She talked about how she wanted to be an influencer, that she had been working all day on her YouTube channel and that Brian didn't believe she could do it.
Was that in the new video MsBetsy? I completely missed it if it was. I think I remember the other officer talking with her about that. My last few posts have been about the fellow whose copcam was just released. But I was so mad, I may have missed what you're referring to.

If you had already told LE that you knew or believed your child was dead in the Reserve what else could you possibly do to find the body. You are watching over a million dollars getting spent to look for him who else could you tell to do a better/faster job than the group already looking?
That's true, but I also wouldn't be in any shape to go shopping or wherever they have been going. Imo

Maybe, but for me. If I knew that's what my child did, I would want to help find his body asap instead of letting him rot on the ground somewhere. Imo
That’s a good point, don’t quote me on it but I’m sure I read somewhere earlier that the family actually spoke to the FBI in detail when he went missing and they’ve also turned over DNA samples, I just feel like they’re not speaking to the public about anything maybe because of how badly they are perceived in the media. Honestly up until this morning I thought he was alive but it’s been so long without capture it’s changed my mind, as much as I’d love him to face the music and give gabbys family any answers they might want.

WSMV out of Nashville says he could be using grandpa white Camry! Why is there no BOLO? I’m praying today they get BL!

Because this bounty hunter / skyline news, could have easily found driven my grandpa's house and found out the car was registered to BL's grandfather. I have not seen the pic they claim to have nor have I seen confirmation that LE was at the residents as stated in his YT video. I think it was just click bait. Every knucklehead out there will be trying to get some kind of recognition over chasing BL. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Do we have any experts on here that could chime in? From the traffic stop, was there any path to a healthy situation for Gabby? Could anyone have done anything?

From personal experience as a law enforcement officer, I have been on many DV stops and frankly I was a bit surprised none of the officers offered the following:

- To call a family member of GP’s. BL or GP OR an officer could have made a phone call with officers present to calm her down and inform family of her circumstances when she panicked about being separated from BL for the night.

- A Victim Witness Coordinator should have been called on scene to assist with the emotional side of things.

Just my 2 cents, but I feel they were more focused on GP not getting a record and they didn’t feel the violence met true DV standards.

I know there is a national domestic violence hotline, but is there a number similar to 911 that women experiencing violence could discretely text? After that ugly incident at the Merry Piglets, Gabby needed assistance urgently. I have no idea where one would turn (discretely) in that moment. Is there a universal (easy!) number that could relatively immediately have connected her to local assistance? I have no idea how this could have been done safely for Gabby and for anyone who might have tried to rescue her, but is there even a mechanism for women to access something like this?
Have there been details of what the "ugly incident" at the Merry Piglets was? The only thing I've heard was he was mad at wait staff and she was apologizing, but that seemed to be somewhat 'rumored' info still? Curious if there has been something more detailed released.

Last edited:
Looks like the asking price for 2012 Transit Connect vans is currently between $12,000 and $16,000 dollars. If GP was not paying any rent or utilities while living at the Laundrie's home it wouldn't take too long to save that much money. JMO.

Used 2012 Ford Transit Connect for Sale Near Me | Edmunds

Then the cost of kitting it out with REI gear and themselves and campsite gear, tech, photo drone, etc. etc. Plus $100 for a full tank of gas every day or 2 plus all the incidental expenses food, restaurants, hotels add hundreds a week. This is easily a $30 or $40,000 adventure

Im not an expert but I’m fairly sure the only way this outcome would have been different is if her told her parents how bad things were and they came and either brought her home, sent him home, or traveled along with them for the remainder of the trip. Even if one had been arrested I’m sure they would have been on their way again soon and the outcome would have been the same.
I think the only thing that can be done in the future is to provide better training in how to handle DV calls, especially on how to recognize signs of victim behavior vs the behavior of an abuser.

They can also carry cards with them with a number to call for help for victims of DV and hand them to both parties. Imo

I know there is a national domestic violence hotline, but is there a number similar to 911 that women experiencing violence could discretely text? After that ugly incident at the Merry Piglets, Gabby needed assistance urgently. I have no idea where one would turn (discretely) in that moment. Is there a universal (easy!) number that could relatively immediately have connected her to local assistance? I have no idea how this could have been done safely for Gabby and for anyone who might have tried to rescue her, but is there even a mechanism for women to access something like this?

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443915026457370645?s=21
National Domestic Violence Hotline
1-800-799-SAFE
Or text "START" to 88788

‘He grabbed it with his nail. I definitely have a cut right here.’

In newly released body camera video from the August 12 traffic stop in Utah— #GabbyPetito tells an officer #BrianLaundrie hit her. MORE: https://8.wfla.com/3md85S4

I just hope her dad never sees this -- can you imagine the feral feelings he would have, even though he is a good family man? What rage? His little girl, trapped in that van, her flippin' van, with that so-and-so, way across the country. SMH.

That's not that much money, IMO. If they were not contributing to household expenses, like utilities and electricity, his parents might have claimed them as dependents.
Agreed. Even if they were living rent/utilites free, the van and conversion and equipment was probably at least $20K. A google search tells me the average pay at Taco Bell in Florida is $9/hour and the cost of "van life" traveling out West is $2,500 - $3,000 per month for two people. And they had nice drones for capturing video footage and technology for the documentation of the trip. Even in the Police stop, Brian indicated he didn't have money for a hotel room that night.

I'm just saying that it's very likely that the parents were heavily involved in financing this adventure, and tells me that they must not have been worried for her life based on their observation of their current relationship.

FYI - flightaware shows N415RP helicopter circling the Cocke County, TN area for last hour or so. Not sure any details or whether it is related to BL but the location, altitude and flight path appears to be a focused search pattern.

Yes! Depending on Florida law, they might have to show proof of personal property taxes being paid to get plates for the van. If they put his name on the title and he has any sort of outstanding personal property bill, he would have to pay those pers prop taxes before either of them could get plates for the vehicle. Just a thought, IMO.
Van is in Gabbys name only. Apparently she traded her car in as part of payment
Looks like the asking price for 2012 Transit Connect vans is currently between $12,000 and $16,000 dollars. If GP was not paying any rent or utilities while living at the Laundrie's home it wouldn't take too long to save that much money. JMO.

Used 2012 Ford Transit Connect for Sale Near Me | Edmunds

From personal experience as a law enforcement officer, I have been on many DV stops and frankly I was a bit surprised none of the officers offered the following:

- To call a family member of GP’s. BL or GP OR an officer could have made a phone call with officers present to calm her down and inform family of her circumstances when she panicked about being separated from BL for the night.

About 42 minutes into the police stop in Utah, video shows Laundrie reach into the passenger side of the van. He hands a female law enforcement official Petito’s cellphone.

“She’s got her cellphone. She’s calling her parents,” the officer told other officials minutes later.

Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie investigation: 2 phones seen in police body cam video from Utah incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay