Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why document his scratches and not even look for hers?

I am not excusing their actions. I was offering an opinion as to why they may have neglected or forgotten that step. MOO.

Perhaps BL's were more noticable because he was in the sun a lot of the time and, therefore, the scratches were easier to see? Again, just MOO.

And they did discuss her marks and bruises if you watch the bodycam video. But it was early on during a more than hour-long stop and bruises on her while she's sitting in shade in the vehicle might not have been as visibly prominent as BL's scratches showing up in the full sun. Possibly LE just forgot that step. Humans make mistakes.

Again, I am not excusing it, just pointing out that a camera may give us a clearer view of the dim areas than the human eye would.

MOO.

I appreciate your sharing this info with me....I really don't know what, if anything else they could have done. That's what I'm wrestling with. Even the officer said the police aren't qualified to diagnose or give advise on DV. Well, maybe they should be. Add that to the list of requirements for the job.

Sounds crazy but why can't a state contract with professionals and do a facetime call right there and get an initial professional opinion, hell put them on alert when you receive the 911 DV call, there is likely a way to patch all the body cams but if not just use a phone or Ipad.

Have them do a quick interview, etc.

Last edited:
I was waiting for this to post online so I could repost it. Thank you for grabbing this because it's very interesting what he says namely, that they may have a COD and may not be releasing it intentionally until they get BL in an interrogation room.
I wonder if that would actually happen though as he seems to possibly be already represented by an attorney? Thinking to the Daybell case, we waited forever for murder charges it seems. But we knew they were coming.

I completely agree with you, except I'd be okay if they both got arrested. As we all might know, sometimes when officers can't figure out who started it, both parties do get arrested. I would have rather that happened than to let them both go, free to hook up later. Maybe something serious like that could have woke her up or him up and led to a breakup.

But I go get why you won't necessarily agree with GP going to jail.

There are potential repercussions for a DV charge/conviction (depending on what a state or country shows on a person's police-check certificate).

Sometimes that will disallow a person from working with children, sometimes it will disallow them from working with aged people, sometimes it will disallow them from working with other vulnerable people like dementia patients, disabled persons.

imo

She loves her like a sister but won't take the parents calls? Better question is how did she *know* not to take the calls? She might not have known the real story but someone told her enough that she towed the party line and ghosted Gabby's parents!
It is within the realm of possibility that the parents lawyered up before he even arrived home. I assume he contacted them, he possibly told them a lot. They cancelled their original camping dates before he got home. That was on August 31.
Gabby may have died on August 27.
He got home on the morning of september 1.

We don't have any footage in the first body cam of her actually talking to anyone on the phone. Does it show her doing it on the 2nd? I think she did try to call someone. It was most likely her mom, rather than her dad. But she immediately puts down the phone when the officer comes back to speak to her. She might have been calling but not yet connected. He tells her he'll let her get back to her parents. But again, who is to say who she called, or if the call even went through.

She might have been pretty ashamed by the whole experience. I would hope she called her mum, at least. But JP asserts he never knew. Which is sad, but believable when two parents live states apart. Maybe the only person she truly confided in was Rose, or maybe she gave her mum the sanitized version?

Married parents keep their children's confidences all the time. It wouldn't necessarily be sad or a result of divorce.

But yes, I know (both as a daughter and as a mother, as well as a lot of observation) that sanitized versions of humiliating situations (esp complicated by abuse and the whole dynamic; the tension of growing up; codependency, etc.) are absolutely what is probably most often shared.

How much do you need? Her body was found within a few hundred yards of where he parked her van, he arrived home in Florida in that same van, he used her debit card to get home, he refuses to say when and where he last saw her and now, when LE get involved, he goes on the run.
No proof?
How do you think that she was found dead near where he was?

You asked her why Gabby is dead but Brian is not based, and that question was based off her saying that LE believed Brian started the fight.

I don't know, I would think that some one who is enduring a large amount of stress and had reached their breaking point would look very similar to how Gabby looked in the copcam. Travelling in close quarters with nowhere to lay down and stretch out for months, no convenient place to work, looking for the next place to spend the night, rounding up water, not getting the planned work done, not able to keep things organized in the back of the van, dealing with the bugs, sleeping on tarps every night, finding a place to go to the bathroom on a daily basis, dealing with the moods of your partner with no escape, being short on money, bring pulled over by the cops. and on and on. Life on the road in a van for an extended period of time doesn't sound like a relaxing experience. I can see someone breaking down for reasons other than DV in this case.

All of that still doesn't excuse BL's job number #1, and it was his job even if they broke up, that job was to get her home safely. PERIOD.

When I watch those two clips of the cops body camera, I am convinced that they were under the impression that Brian himself had rung in the complaint or that Gabby had rung in a complaint about Brian.

. That it wasn't clear it was an impartial observer struck by the aggression of the interaction on the street of Gabby and Brian..

And Brian gets off the speeding stuff so easily!.. I had no idea it could be that simple to evade a speeding ticket in Utah..

Yeah, I can dig that about DTBH, but why would any evidence found at one of his campsites be evidence for his prosecution for the murder of GP? Unless its a missing phone or a piece of her clothing. But that Monster can wasn't involved in anything going down in wyoming.

Just a thought... JMO to investigate...... upload_2021-10-1_21-27-10.png

How much do you need? Her body was found within a few hundred yards of where he parked her van, he arrived home in Florida in that same van, he used her debit card to get home, he refuses to say when and where he last saw her and now, when LE get involved, he goes on the run.
No proof?
How do you think that she was found dead near where he was?

Aliens, apparently.

My apologies if answered ( I’ve looked and can’t find) can anyone tell me;

How long it would take/miles for CL to drive to the campground?

This is a good article from the Patchogue, NY, Patch --

Brian Laundrie: Sheriff Slams Investigation, New Bodycam Footage
Latest in Laundrie search: Police called to Florida home Sept. 10, new bodycam footage from fight with Petito, more camping trip details.

me___04150326583.jpg

Tiffany Razzano, Patch Staff
Posted Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 6:22 pm ET|Updated Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 7:46 pm ET
NORTH PORT, FL — There are daily twists and turns as the search for 23-year-old Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the death of his fiancée, Gabby Petito, continues.
While tips about his location pour in from across the country and North America, new body camera footage of the couple talking to Utah police shows Petito telling them Laundrie grabbed her face during a fight. And in Florida, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd slammed law enforcement's handling of the case so far.
[...]
This week, authorities in North Carolina have been looking into tips that Laundrie might be hiding along the trail there.
Sheriff's offices in Watauga and Avery counties said that they've received numerous leads about Laundrie possibly hiding along the North Carolina portion of the trail and have been in touch with the FBI, according to WSOC.
"If there's something legitimate, we'll check it out. And if there's something more to it, then the FBI will be contacted — but not on every call," Watauga County Sheriff Len Hagaman said.

------------------------
More here:
New Bodycam Footage From Utah Fight, Judd Slams Police Investigation: Brian Laundrie

NewsNationNow: State Attorney Interviewed Why Brian Laundrie hasn’t been charged
Very interesting interview. Thanks for sharing. I am wondering what happens to BL’s current charges (money fraud) if they don’t find him within a certain amount of time. If they can’t find him, do the charges just get dropped or will they remain until he’s caught (assuming he’s alive) and then he be prosecuted?
Does the charge he currently has have a statute of limitations?

There are potential repercussions for a DV charge/conviction (depending on what a state or country shows on a person's police-check certificate).

Sometimes that will disallow a person from working with children, sometimes it will disallow them from working with aged people, sometimes it will disallow them from working with other vulnerable people like dementia patients, disabled persons.

imo

Regardless of the penalties, they still hit each other, they still both put wounds on each other, and the police still could not determine who started it. I know there are repercussions, and so do the police when they make countless arrests like these of innocent people. This is something that happens every day to people who the charges are later dropped on.

I don't think that officers should be deciding not to arrest someone because they are afraid of sullying that person's record. That's in fact what they did in this case, and I'm not saying Gabby is dead because of it, but I'm saying if they'd arrested her or him or both, the chain of events would have changed and Gabby would be alive -- with a record, but alive.

Sounds crazy but why can't a state contract with professionals and do a facetime call right there and get an initial professional opinion, hell put them on alert when you receive the 911 DV call, there is likely a way to patch all the body cams but if not just use a phone or Ipad
Or at least have someone that can come to the scene right then and do an assessment. My guess is they don't have that many DV calls to warrant the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23