Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First link is post from previous thread:

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

He's actually seen his sister twice since he returned to Florida without Gabby and when he went missing.

The family attorney said, “Cassie saw her brother Brian on September 01 when he stopped by her home and again on September 6 at Fort De Soto Park. Law enforcement agencies are well aware of these dates.”

When asked why Cassie indicated otherwise during a previous media interview, Bertolino said, “Any prior communication by Cassie that does not reflect these dates is simply a difference of relating an answer to a question misinterpreted by Cassie or poorly posed by the inquirer.”

In the previous interview she said, “I haven't been able to talk to him. I wish I could talk to him,. “'I've cooperated in every way that I can. I wish I had information or I would give more.”

All members of the family were together at the campground, but Cassie was only there for one day. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if BL and Cassie drove back to her home together. None of the parents’ neighbours have said they’ve seen BL since the parents returned from that trip.

I guess they wanted to get their stories straight, but they couldn't even do that.What a repulsive family this is.

Brian Laundrie's sister went camping with her brother and their parents over Labor Day | Daily Mail Online

ETA to add link and add text.

Last edited:
There are posts by Gabby on instagram, some appear to show bruising on her neck. Someone in this group posted one where she was sans asking. But I know I have seen others, but am not sure it is a shadow, or a bruise. Another thought, her hair would hide bruising in some cases. And I wonder if there are lapses in her coverage due to visual signs of abuse.

I have not seen them, but if there is evidence of previous bruising, it is not good. And would influence my thoughts.

BL is probably hiding out somewhere, thinking he is living a life like "Manhunt" or "24". On the run. He is probably reading about himself, and thinks he is all that...for evading LEO.

No, you are a loser. And your end won't be pretty.

I cannot think of another missing person case where the parents refused help to search for their missing child. Not giving a piece of Brian's clothes is odd.
Anyone can think of a single case?

We don't know that the parents have refused to provide articles for scent purposes. And in any event, I'm pretty sure LE does have scent articles. We've seen several search warrants executed.

But the only "refusal" we know of is the one folks associated with Dog spoke about. Since it appears the parents never spoke to Dog, it's unclear to me how the request was made that they purportedly "refused." But even if they did, so what? While it sounds good to say "I'd welcome all help if my (adult) child was missing" I'm not sure I'd really feel that way. I might not want for my family to be featured on a bounty hunter's commercial ventures if I could avoid it. And if I couldn't avoid it, I might not want to help that happen. I'm not saying Dog doesn't provide a service in many situations. And I'm not saying Dog might not find BL But if I were a family member I could see not wanting to participate in his kind of search. Not everyone was a fan of his show!

As for comparing this case to other "missing person/child" cases, I'm not sure one can really compare. The vast majority of missing person cases don't attract the degree of attention this one has. And so Dog isn't a part of those other cases. I could be wrong, but I don't believe Dog typically searches for "missing persons" vs bail jumpers etc.
Edit: JMO

Last edited:
Sigh.

After THOUSANDS of posts, we really still can only speculate on who Brian is or was and what motivated him to dispose of Gabby so heinously.

I do have a question, though, for those who know about such things.

We've all read endless posts hypothesizing that Brian is or was an utterly self-serving narcissist who believed he owed nothing to anybody. We’ve also all read endless posts proclaiming that he is or was a self-loathing loner who ended Gabby because she was bubbly and friendly and he envied her. Especially since she was much more conventionally attractive than he.

Can both of these co-exist? Can one be a narcissist and also self-loathing? I thought they’d be mutually exclusive.

We are, all of us, on the outside looking in. To me, nothing is knowable except the few unalloyed facts that we have been given.

IMO he certainly killed her but the potential motives are all over the place.

Because he is evil. Everything people loved about Gabby, he hated. A dark triad. Some people are just evil and they enjoy destroying others, especially the good ones. Gabby was light, love. He is dark, evil.
We will never know why people such as BL exist or what makes them the way they are. I think that is the reason so many of us are fascinated by true crime. We want to know what makes these sadistic people tick. We will never know.

not sure if you mean the Moab stop..

14:39 'i don't have my phone. . I don't really, i don't have a phone. "

Wallet was in his right hand pocket 'ID in the car' but at 54 minutes he does take his wallet out of his pocket with his license but says he thought it was 'with car stuff' or something.

At 55 minutes he takes PHONE out of the same pocket...
Has it been confirmed this wasn’t Gabby’s phone in BL’s pocket?

LOL at "intervened" ha ha jmo
I was reading (where?) an account of someone who an alligator got from nearby grass, by a huge pond. They searched and searched for the body but it turns out that alligators have underwater stash places, not nests, those couldn't be underwater I don't think. But the point was that there is no way to estimate the numbers of these cadaver/prey stashes, they are underwater and there are many. I think this came up in the Haleigh Cummings case too. I don't care what happened to Brian, I just want proof of death to provide closure. Or catch him, either way, but I would hate to see a trial blaming Gabby for everything, like was being considered in the Watts case, blaming the victim for being controlling, etc.

I wonder if BL had normally seen his sister relatively often, or if his visit to her on Sept 1 was sort of out of character or a surprise. Did she regularly go to campgrounds to spend time with the L’s, or was this out of character. You know how some people are more indoor types vs outdoor types. It does sort of feel like, hey, let’s all go out into the woods where we can talk and figure out what to do, without really being seen, and we can just say we were camping. Even though they were only there 24 hours or less! Ridiculous.

I wonder if BL had normally seen his sister relatively often, or if his visit to her on Sept 1 was sort of out of character or a surprise. Did she regularly go to campgrounds to spend time with the L’s, or was this out of character. You know how some people are more indoor types vs outdoor types. It does sort of feel like, hey, let’s all go out into the woods where we can talk and figure out what to do, without really being seen, and we can just say we were camping. Even though they were only there 24 hours or less! Ridiculous.

It’s not exactly backwoods at Ft. De Soto. It has trails and vegetation but it’s also a beach area. I can see someone going there for the day to take the kids to the beach. Lots of wildlife for kids to see, hundreds of bird species.

Wow. I just looked up Christopher Thomas Knight. Did BL really idolize him?? A hermit who survived by stealing from others in the wilds of Maine? Do we have proof of this obsession of his? CTK doesn’t seem like a model of someone surviving and roughing it, but an utter horrible criminal. Geez.

I want to know if BL, BL's sister or his family bought a kayak in the days leading up to the camping excursion(s), or brought a kayak to the camping grounds.

Amateur opinion and speculation
They wouldn’t need to? You can rent them onsite…

RT…. Mama bear is getting angry! Turn yourself in! @josephpetito agrees. #justiceforgabby #americasdaughter
https://www.theawarefoundationofvirginia.com/
Gabby Petito's mom demands Brian Laundrie turn himself in

I had this draft saved in response to questions I read back in the thread but now I can’t find where to reply. So I guess, it’s a little FYI

Also sometimes referred to as a waist strap, a hip belt is a padded strap that goes around the top of your hip bone to help redistribute the backpack’s weight from your shoulders to your hip. Hip belts are most common in outdoor and travel backpacks that are designed to carry large and heavy loads.
Anatomy of a Backpack - Definitive Guide to Parts, Straps, Loops and more | Backpackies

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Karen-Shalev-Greene/publication/270841125_The_Cost_of_Missing_Person_Investigations_Implications_for_Current_Debates/links//The-Cost-of-Missing-Person-Investigations-Implications-for-Current-Debates.pdf

Join Amy Oppenheimer, attorney, author and leading expert on workplace investigations, teaches investigators to conduct impartial investigations that aren’t affected by unconscious biases or the influence of external forces.
Eliminating Bias in Investigations

It does sound like it was a little family pow-wow. Not a nature visit. Maybe not even a cook-out. Seems like the campers next spot over would have seen the little kids, if CL brought them jmo

I can't believe we're getting ready to his 49 threads on this. (This what the entire Vallow case is at)

Secondly, I know there was a poll about where people thought BL was. I'm more curious as to how many people think he's dead or alive right now. I personally think he's dead

After watching the second body cam footage I started thinking again about the question of what happened to Brian's original phone as well as why he lied to the officers about not having a phone knowing they easily could have conducted a search and found it. Why was his instinct to lie about not having one? Or rather, he gave an ambiguous, nervous response. Almost implying his phone service was cut because he didn't pay the bill. "I don't really.. I don't have a phone..." Notice also how Brian throws that line out about not having a lot of money when the officers asked if he could afford a hotel. The money situation could have been bad enough that he was no longer paying his phone bill but he still gave the officers his number for future reference perhaps if he got his service turned back on? It was redacted in the footage but I wish we could know what they said when he pulled his phone out. It's almost as if Brian hesitates when asked like he didn't even know his own number? Then the other officer (Bret Edge) stops as he's driving away and thanks everyone for helping. My guess however is, Brian threw that phone into a random river or a lake when he first set off hitchhiking. I know Miranda Baker said she didn't see a phone when they picked him up but that doesn't mean it wasn't in his pants pocket. He could have even tossed it off the Jackson Lake Dam. I don't think they'll ever find it.

I rarely have had an extra car key and, if I do, I leave it at home so I have no chance of losing both. I haven't had an extra car key for at least 8 years, and have had one for only one vehicle in my lifetime that I recall. I guess it depends on the type of person you are. I am the lazy, worry about it later type :D
Oh, dear. I'm the prepared and paranoid type. I carry my driver's license, debit card, credit card, military ID and spare key in a small wallet I tuck into my bra. In the event I'm robbed or mugged and my purse is stolen, I still have the critical items in my bra. And to get to that, someone is going to have to go through the .380 stuck at my side. And the Urban Pal attached to my belt. I'm not going down without a full-on fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz