Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I’d quantify that as accidental- tragic & avoidable but accidental.

But I don’t think that’s how it went down. Too many peeks into what an angry young man BL is. I think he’s been one twig ready to snap for quite some time. I think he either spent several minutes strangling her with his bare hands- while staring in her eyes to show her who’s in control. Or he beat her to death repeatedly with his hands & feet. Experts ruled homicide quickly, so I doubt it was 1 fracture to cervical vertebrae. All conjecture.

I truly truly hope you are wrong.

I believe the no phone comment was made at the Moab police stop when he was recalling the events at the Moonflower. I took it to mean that they were fighting outside the van and that's when he had no phone. He stated that he was worried she was going to take the van and leave him without a phone.
I agree with the other poster, he said "I don't really have a phone."

MOO is he had a phone but not service so it was useless without wifi.

Again my own opinion, but the only one who was legitimately worried about being left behind was Gabby. She's the one who was locked out of the van yet ran around crawled through the driver's window fighting him every inch of the way, because she was in fear of being deserted.

In that scenario the evil one is the one who took her belongings and ran, and would not help locate her body to lay it to rest respectfully. IMO

Then told no one anything about this, giving himself a 10 day head start as a fugitive from justice after killing his "love" his "fiancee" after behaving like a macho man during a traffic stop in which his fiancee hyperventilated for 90 minutes, absconded like the wind and left his family, who after all of this immediately lawyered up and refused to communicate anything to the family of who was going to be their daughter in law, holding the bag.

IMO ya evil.

OCT 2, 2021
As time ticks by, more questions than answers in search for Brian Laundrie
It's now been one month since Brian Laundrie returned home to North Port without Gabby Petito. Questions are being raised about his sister and the last time she saw him.

[...]

The FBI was last at the Laundrie home on Thursday afternoon. The Laundrie family attorney says the visit was to collect personal items belonging to Brian that will assist the canines in their search for Brian.

FOX 13 reached out the FBI Saturday for an update on the search and are still waiting to hear back.

IIRC, he said "I don't really have a phone". I thought I read that he had a phone but not service so it was useless without wifi. I can't find that anywhere now though. Can anyone verify?
The status of his phone is really so confusing to me, too. First he indicates he doesn't have one. Then he pulls it out, turns it on to show LE his contact number? And now we're thinking he doesn't really have service ~ that he can only use wifi? Does that mean he can only use his cell phone in the same way I use my laptop? But then when he showed his contact number to LE did that help them? Could they contact BL through that number?
Admittedly an old lady here ~ and struggling to keep au fait. Help, please?

IMO he has not taken his own life.
It is possible that he legitimately went to the Reserve and succumbed to the creatures there. Some can swallow one whole.

If he is alive, he will eventually run out of cash or supplies and will make a mistake. My guess is this will occur by year’s end. If he is not located by then, I think it will be many years before he is found.
True. There wouldn’t be a leg to find for quite some time if a very large gator intervened in this case. Idk how tall BL is, but this gator ate a 6’ friend. I tend to agree with you on your 2nd point as well- capture by Christmas or years from now. Hoping for sooner obviously!
Humongous Cannibal Alligator Eats Six-Foot Gator Whole in Shocking Clip

I agree with the other postet, he said "I don't really have a phone."

MOO is he had a phone but not service so it was useless without wifi.

Again my own opinion, but the only one who was legitimately worried about being left behind was Gabby. She's the one who was locked out of the van yet ran around crawled through the driver's window fighting him every inch of the way, because she was in fear of being deserted.
Agree with this. How odd that they seemed to mirror the same sentiments: Who did the slapping? Which one was mean? Which one was jealously guarding the van and the keys? Which one was afraid of being left? Maybe rhetorical questions. IDK

ETA Punctuation and grammar

Then told no one anything about this, giving himself a 10 day head start as a fugitive from justice after killing his "love" his "fiancee" after behaving like a macho man during a traffic stop in which his fiancee hyperventilated for 90 minutes, absconded like the wind and left his family, who after all of this immediately lawyered up and refused to communicate anything to the family of who was going to be their daughter in law, holding the bag.

IMO ya evil.
Yeah, I'll never get that traffic stop out of my mind. How it all became her fault because of his lies, and the lack of taking into account eye witness reports. How easily the lies slipped through his lips while he laughed, and the way she agonizingly took blame for everything.

Her body was located by aerial surveillance. I'm sure they knew the general area, but the YouTubers more than likely gave them the specific area making it easier for them. I don't know how long they were searching before they got the leads, but these tips had to have been just what they needed.

Again, we don't know how much this video impacted the timing and ultimate discovery. Was it just another lead coupled with other information that helped solidify a spot? The wilderness can present challenges with every minute that passes so I was pleased it didn't go on longer. We can only speculate as to how much it helped but I'm very curious to find out. It would be an amazing story.

I didn't think there was anything published about how he built out the van. Maybe you didn't mean it the way it sounded...like Brian did it all. Maybe someone else has the link to where it said, IIRC, that she fitted out the inside of the van, and he worked on the motor.

No I did not mean he did it all himself. Poor choice of words.

The status of his phone is really so confusing to me, too. First he indicates he doesn't have one. Then he pulls it out, turns it on to show LE his contact number? And now we're thinking he doesn't really have service ~ that he can only use wifi? Does that mean he can only use his cell phone in the same way I use my laptop? But then when he showed his contact number to LE did that help them? Could they contact BL through that number?
Admittedly an old lady here ~ and struggling to keep au fait. Help, please?
I think part of the reason for the confusion is he is such a poor communicator. He has odd speech patterns. MOO

Thought experiment.

They loved each other. The fought like cats and dogs off and on for 7 years. Gabby said they BOTH suffered from anxiety both! Not sure psychopaths can even feel anxiety.

They got to Spreading Creek, again all the while arguing...went to walk it off, starting getting physical again. Brian hit her or pushed her so hard she broke her neck and died instantly.

Is Brian evil???
There are posts by Gabby on instagram, some appear to show bruising on her neck. Someone in this group posted one where she was sans asking. But I know I have seen others, but am not sure it is a shadow, or a bruise. Another thought, her hair would hide bruising in some cases. And I wonder if there are lapses in her coverage due to visual signs of abuse.

Sigh.

After THOUSANDS of posts, we really still can only speculate on who Brian is or was and what motivated him to dispose of Gabby so heinously.

I do have a question, though, for those who know about such things.

We've all read endless posts hypothesizing that Brian is or was an utterly self-serving narcissist who believed he owed nothing to anybody. We’ve also all read endless posts proclaiming that he is or was a self-loathing loner who ended Gabby because she was bubbly and friendly and he envied her. Especially since she was much more conventionally attractive than he.

Can both of these co-exist? Can one be a narcissist and also self-loathing? I thought they’d be mutually exclusive.

We are, all of us, on the outside looking in. To me, nothing is knowable except the few unalloyed facts that we have been given.

IMO he certainly killed her but the potential motives are all over the place.

When you're a self-ordained, hermetic lammister, you have to travel light. Hermeticism doesn't lend itself to buddying up at hoedowns, camp singalongs, or meaningful explorations into the minds of melon squeezers at the Piggly Wiggly. Its a system of thought that is in many ways exclusive. That means you're it. You're your world. Taken to its extreme it barely abides another iconoclast. That's when its successfully practiced. If its practiced half-heartedly, incorrectly or artificially, you may find yourself still attached to the old yearnings and desires you're supposed to have burned away in order to emerge purged and purified.

If you've been historically ostracized by your school buddies for some reason, your parents are too busy to probe your sullen retreats, and girls...what's with them...the deep introspection and self-developed coping mechanisms may lead one to a view that surviving all of it is heroic. You beat them, all of them. You're resplendent, fully illumined, a guru teaching the void as a jolly substitute for human affection and attachment. Compared to the stoicism this way of life demands, Gabby was a happy, healing comet when the philosophy failed. Brian's hero, Christopher Thomas Knight, the hermit/burglar who spent 27 years lost in the forest before his capture, was as far from anything Gabby as Alpha Centauri. Yet, Brian found her, romanced her and molded their apples and oranges interests into a lifestyle that mirrored his desire for solitude and tolerated her desire for connection to the world. Successful hermits don't do that. They stand in the river Ganges meditating on one leg for days. They don't keep chicks on the side.

Now, with Gabby gone, solitude has been achieved, but expunging the comet has him in a world of s***. This isn't a guy who is going to buddy up with anyone easily. If he does, it will be with another happy, helpful girl he's managed to meet at a camp site and dazzle with talk of his pained soul. She better have access to a cash stash, because that's going to be her ultimate charm for him. Kiss kiss - what's your pin number? With his past incinerated, his future uncertain and the FBI glued to his family's every move, Brian is going to have to get creative when supplies and money is tight. THAT is what the FBI is waiting for. Brian's coming out...for tofu and water in paper bags - not plastic.
Patience.
MOO

Last edited:
I would also love to see a link. I know that it was offered up as a possible speculative reasoning for him saying that (to get around it being an obvious lie or discrepancy), but I don't recall it ever being a verified fact.
not sure if you mean the Moab stop..

14:39 'i don't have my phone. . I don't really, i don't have a phone. "

Wallet was in his right hand pocket 'ID in the car' but at 54 minutes he does take his wallet out of his pocket with his license but says he thought it was 'with car stuff' or something.

At 55 minutes he takes PHONE out of the same pocket...

Yeah, I'll never get that traffic stop out of my mind. How it all became her fault because of his lies, and the lack of taking into account eye witness reports. How easily the lies slipped through his lips while he laughed, and the way she agonizingly took blame for everything.
MOO the laughing grates my nerves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member