Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian's ego would never allow it. He's smarter than everyone else. He's the master of all things forest survival - in his head. His admitted hero, Christopher Thomas Knight excised all care, the road behind, the future, an audience called humanity, to live as he pleased as a hermit/burglar in the forest for 27 years before he was captured. Brian's big mistake was choosing Gabby for conversion to the iconoclastic, self-manufactured religion of Brian. He just couldn't break her of her love of the world and the souls who populate it. You mind as well try to teach a fish NOT to swim. That simmering incompatibility exploded on a dry creek bed. He finally blew his gaskets. Gabby was a mare who could not and would not be tamed or fully recruited into Brian's plan of the ages. She, not he, was innately liberated.
The next tool in his arsenal is to console himself with blowing off the past and getting down to the grand plan - the fully-realized Brian, alone, in charge, self-cutoff, living the dream.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
-------- Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám

I suspect Brian believes this very thought.
MOO

That's one of my favorite poems, and I think you are a lovely and eloquent writer.
I'm just not sure I agree with your assessment.

IMO it's all much more simple. I think Gabby was an absolutely lovely young woman. I think BL is a cocky young man. I think they experienced a young love and the freedom that comes from being young without children and wanting to explore a lifestyle. I think ultimately they were incompatible and confined in too-close quarters. I think he lost it, had some sort of psychotic break, covered for himself, ran home and then ran away.

Your writing is vivid and passionate and poetic and you certainly have a lucid point of view. I just don’t think it’s as complex as BL masterminding a plan to break a wild mare to fulfill his vision of a Kingdom of Brian.

But JMO. Please continue your writing because it is beautiful.

Yes, it is definitely possible. Using Protonmail or other more secure mechanisms. And wouldn't even need a library or cafe if he's got a burner. If he were smart, he would avoid standard email services like Gmail and the like because they have a different relationship with LE than the more secure versions. Even the use of an app like Burner could allow him to change phone numbers willy nilly but I don't know how that shows up on recipient phone records like his parents'.

Definitely -- if he has a vpn, is using Tor browser and protonmail he would not be traceable in theory. in practice though, people screw up with the settings, not using it consistently, etc. It would depend how careful he was.

No, they don't. Also, people under 40 watch way less news. As to the "lifestyle" in that community, it can really vary, especially if a person has a tent and camping gear. New homeless encampments are springing up in the Los Angeles area:

They are a lot like dispersed campgrounds. This doesn't strike me as BL's "style," but there are more youth-oriented (possibly scarier) places in SoCal. I don't know the situation in FL - the weather is so different. Many of the homeless in that video are from out of state (mostly East Coast, some from hurricane-impacted areas as well).

No, it's not good. BL has a lot of options here. Although, part of me believes he died in that swamp. There was the empty gun case (I think) shown in the back of the Mustang.

It's the not knowing that's so hard. I am not optimistic that he'll be found any time soon and would love to be wrong.
I would agree that the more time that goes by in which he’s not found, the more likely it is that he may have committed suicide.

They were at the library for 30 minutes, that really doesn't seem like an inordinate amount of time to me.
I still think that maybe they needed to use the restrooms at the library. jmo
Yes, but ....... if BL is "missing" as his parents have officially stated, and needs to be "found" then wouldn't they want DTBH to find him? Even without a few bits of hide flesh?

It's too much.
Personally, I think they would prefer that he not be found. jmo

He was probably gone from the house before Gabby was reported missing. Why would they keep them there if he was at risk of being arrested at any moment.
So they concocted the story about the swamp, and had planned to later report him missing. I can believe it. I hope the FBI is able to prove this.

I had initially thought BL panicked, fled home, and just went with the easiest option for hiding. At this point, evading multiple federal law enforcement agencies for weeks, I’m wondering if I didn’t give him enough credit for planning. I’m also wondering if he thought a plan out, if his family members are involved… I feel like a panicky kid would turn themselves into a nation-wide manhunt. So I think I need to re-evaluate. At this point, I see evidence based on his actions that he’s going to try to evade LE and I think it’s very likely his family helped him. JMO.

So how calculating could he actually be? I’ve found most of his available SM to be derivative, but is he more intelligent than I’m giving him credit for? With his parents not begging for him to come home, is this whole family more naturally criminal than I’ve given them credit for?

So, where is Brian?
Brian is on his way to a place where he's isolated and surrounded by natural beauty. The broad vista is life affirming and supportive, without agenda and comforting. No back talk. No crying and whimpering. Totally self-supporting. Nature is like that - people are not. You need not subtract from yourself to please it. It demands nothing from you.
He's been supplied. By who? Who knows...but supplies dwindle. Fish? Sure. Trout or bass, and native herbs. All do-able until late Fall when the plants go to seed, and Winter when they disappear under the snow, the lake freezes and the fish are under a foot of ice - the moment when the novice liberant discovers hunger and interdependence. You DO need human beings. You DO depend on others to help. But who? Where? The past you chucked to live the dream comes swimming back and bites you on the *advertiser censored**. The FBI, every park ranger, every camper, every hunter, every hiker, every beat cop knows your face. So, its theft - if you can find it to do it.

Maybe, a nice, warm place. The heck with Florida. To hell with anywhere that experiences a white Christmas. You've got surviving to do. Some place that's temperate during the Winter with lakes, fish, edible plants, campers you can accost in the night for jelly sandwiches, or hopefully, tofu. Maybe, a little town nearby would be a good source for...whatever. Once you start killing birds for supper, the philosophy of not hurting nature goes out the window. That's worse than saying you're preserving the earth while you're cruising around it sputtering fossil fuel emissions from the back end of your mobile palace. Its going to come down to detestable compromises - the chiseling away of body and mind.

I believe Brian will be found out, the already dissolving dream will be vanquished and his coveted solitude will be lived in a cell, not on a cliff overlooking a verdant, all forgiving, valley of calm.
MOO

I had initially thought BL panicked, fled home, and just went with the easiest option for hiding. At this point, evading multiple federal law enforcement agencies for weeks, I’m wondering if I didn’t give him enough credit for planning. I’m also wondering if he thought a plan out, if his family members are involved… I feel like a panicky kid would turn themselves into a nation-wide manhunt. So I think I need to re-evaluate. At this point, I see evidence based on his actions that he’s going to try to evade LE and I think it’s very likely his family helped him. JMO.

So how calculating could he actually be? I’ve found most of his available SM to be derivative, but is he more intelligent than I’m giving him credit for? With his parents not begging for him to come home, is this whole family more naturally criminal than I’ve given them credit for?

Yes, based on The Gardener’s posts from this thread I have reevaluated everything. He might have even planned Gabby’s murder and baited and baited her and goaded and abused and undermined her until he had a way to blame even that - her murder - on her in his twisted mind.

Is it comparable to the other missing cases? Serious question, no snark, I really have no idea and maybe others do.

I don't know either but this one seems have an extraordinary amount of resources given to it, imo.

I am just curious as to why. And, I also feel for the families of others who are missing or murdered who may be watching and wondering why their loved one didn't receive this level of response (or even a small fraction of this type of response).

MOO.

Snipped by me. I read that the place where her body was found was roughly 200 yards from the van. Another poster responded to my post with a map saying it was 275 yards away and across a river or creek. Where did you see 15 feet from the road?

Thanks for the correction, I remembered it was close but not the exact figure. My point is that if she was alive, she could easily have walked from the place where her body was found to the road. She did not die of a lack of "survival resources."

The homeless population in a large city would eat him alive immediately. They prey on people who lack the street smarts to navigate that situation and all of BL's possessions would be gone within days. He doesn't have the skillset to survive that environment for long. Especially with a cash bounty on his head.

Going to "live with the homeless" is an extremely dangerous proposition for a mamma's boy who has been sheltered and coddled his whole life.

100%.

They were just killing time before their appointment if I remember right. They rightly assumed they wouldn’t be harassed inside the library. That is all there is to this.
I agree that this seems quite - even most - likely, though I don't know who makes appointments and doesn't either have a waiting room or (in the scenario of visiting a lawyer or investigator) wouldn't clear space (time and physical) on both sides of a scheduled appointment in a very high-profile case. But again, your simple explanation seems very reasonable, and barring spy-novel levels of cloak & dagger sophistication (by seemingly otherwise unremarkable people), highly likely.

Q - was there anything reported (and verified) on where they went after the short stop at the library?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz