Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could be right with the air con thing though.

I guess it's hard for me to relate to since I live in a country where 98% of houses don't have it, and only some public buildings and businesses. :p
Maybe - and MOO - they thought they might use the computers and thought the better of it.

My question is why have they never been to the daughter's/sister's house? BE and News Nation along with multiple other reporters and probably LE have been watching them. And, of all the places they go they never go to their daughter. Maybe they didn't want to reveal her location but that is out now. BE reported from there yesterday. https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1444004230356942852 So, maybe they will start to go there now. We'll see. MOO

Last edited:
You're not really suggesting calling off all efforts to find a wanted man, when there are tips continuing to pour in on a live, and very new and active case? Because the dead person has been recovered and buried, and the neighbors are annoyed?

That seems to run counter to the whole purpose/reason for being of a justice system.
If LE wanted to remove the protestors they would. They'd find a loophole to remove them for trespassing or noise ordinance. I believe LE/FBI want the pressure to remain on the family until they crack. MOO.

I had initially thought BL panicked, fled home, and just went with the easiest option for hiding. At this point, evading multiple federal law enforcement agencies for weeks, I’m wondering if I didn’t give him enough credit for planning. I’m also wondering if he thought a plan out, if his family members are involved… I feel like a panicky kid would turn themselves into a nation-wide manhunt. So I think I need to re-evaluate. At this point, I see evidence based on his actions that he’s going to try to evade LE and I think it’s very likely his family helped him. JMO.

So how calculating could he actually be? I’ve found most of his available SM to be derivative, but is he more intelligent than I’m giving him credit for? With his parents not begging for him to come home, is this whole family more naturally criminal than I’ve given them credit for?
I've asked myself the same things and always feel that need to re-evaluate. To me, the date of GP's death would be really significant in helping to determine BL's behavior pattern and predicting his next moves.

If she did indeed die on the 27th, following the Merry Piglets incident, that means BL made decisions afterwards that included leaving the crime scene and van in place, hiking on foot for two days, hitchhiking back to the crime scene, all the while being seen by people and deceiving them by talking about his gf back at the van, etc. That would seemingly be him setting up an alibi before driving away in the same van. Much more purposeful thought put into this scenario, on his part.

IMO, that would be a very different type of person than one who killed GP on the evening of the 29th and immediately fled the scene before anyone could possibly know what happened.

I wonder if his behaviors immediately after her death might give hint to profilers on whether he would now flee and hide, kill himself, or seek help from others.

Last edited:
It's from his Instagram page. Third row down in the middle.

What he wrote, verbatim, is this:

"Zion is proof that mankind can ruin anything even in an effort to preserve it. Beautiful park just with an unfortunate infestation of human beings."

He could have meant litter in the park, something like that. Hard to tell, but it sounds like he valued nature over humanity. Many do.
"Zion is proof that mankind can ruin anything even in an effort to preserve it. Beautiful park just with an unfortunate infestation of human beings."
Fascinating quote from BL that really does give insight into his psyche. He is saying that Zion is beautiful but not with all the tourists standing around in it. The irony is lost on him that HE and Gabby are also just tourists and other people are having to look at them, LOL. Their very lifestyle was dependent on the Park Service allowing them to camp there.

It's easy at first to interpret BL as a young cranky Thoreau or John Muir, someone who just wants solitude in nature. But Thoreau had other ideas, such as protesting with Civil Disobedience in society for the greater good which inspired Gandhi. John Muir wanted the National Parks to be saved so everyone could visit and appreciate the the wilderness.

BL just sounds like a grumpy, self-important introvert who wants everyone else to stop ruining his beauty shots. "Infested with humans" is a phrase right out of a Stephen King novel, if you ask me. JMOO

How long would it take a person to suss out a snowbird's house near the camping ground he went to with his parents? A day, two?

How close to the swampland parking area is the nearest public transport to the campground, 75 miles away.? I mean bus or train or whatever is in use in that part of Florida if anything?

Sorry, but what does “suss out” mean?
Unaware of public transportation between those points. An Uber or Lyft?

Speaking of his posts, does anyone know how to find his comments about chimpanzees? I don't know how to find things on SM but it was linked here in the beginning of the case.

He talks about how you would never see a goose wearing designer clothes and how humans are so materialistic compared to animals. I wanted to read it again but I can't seem to find it. TIA!
Also on his insta. This one here

Eta here is the link to his insta
Login • Instagram

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211002-115222_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211002-115222_Instagram.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 50
Fascinating quote from BL that really does give insight into his psyche. He is saying that Zion is beautiful but not with all the tourists standing around in it. The irony is lost on him that HE and Gabby are also just tourists and other people are having to look at them, LOL. Their very lifestyle was dependent on the Park Service allowing them to camp there.

It's easy at first to interpret BL as a young cranky Thoreau or John Muir, someone who just wants solitude in nature. But Thoreau had other ideas, such as protesting with Civil Disobedience in society for the greater good which inspired Gandhi. John Muir wanted the National Parks to be saved so everyone could visit and appreciate the the wilderness.

BL just sounds like a grumpy, self-important introvert who wants everyone else to stop ruining his beauty shots. "Infested with humans" is a phrase right out of a Stephen King novel, if you ask me. JMOO

I think your analysis is spot-on. Brian has narcissistic tendencies to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree. The neighbors are getting upset and that's not right. Does North Port have no noise ordinance?

I think the protesters who are doing this are trying to get their own 15 minutes of fame. The news crews love it and they're all playing it up.

But, it's the wrong thing to do, in my opinion.

JMOO

We.do have a noise.ordinance I think the bull horn has to.go.but the protest can continue!

One would think that his parents would be trumpeting public pleas for him to turn himself in to authorities for the fugitive from fraud case. That their "concern" is only expressed through their lawyer is telling. I wonder if they are comforted a bit by thinking that he is deceased and that if they continue to say nothing, this nightmare for them will end sooner for them. If he is found alive, the nightmare has just begun for them. jmo
I think their nightmare will be beyond anything.

*Financial ruin (although in Florida, are their laws against writing a book or screenplay and profiting if you have criminal charges associated with it?)
*Family broken/ostracized. (i keep wondering if BL has grandparents)
*Marital stress
*Guilt/regret/emotional burdenn
*Career, business effect

I bet, when and if this ever ends, they will not even stay in their current home.
BL has also caused some demise in his family.....JMO

Yeah. I think the tendency when given two options (with these people), is to lean towards the devious/potentially nefarious.

There is potentially an innocent explanation when it comes to them reporting Brian missing (they truly didn't know where he was).

I could go either way, even considering their pattern of behavior.
I think they waited as long as they did because they didn't want to bring any more attention to themselves. They probably knew as soon as they reported him missing, LE would be involved and they would be taking a big risk, since their attorney told them to remain silent. Their concern for their son probably outweighed their refusal to cooperate so I think that's why they decided to call LE. Imo

When the
You're not really suggesting calling off all efforts to find a wanted man, when there are tips continuing to pour in on a live, and very new and active case? Because the dead person has been recovered and buried, and the neighbors are annoyed?

That seems to run counter to the whole purpose/reason for being of a justice system.

I asked WHY? It was a question. As far as the "dead person" being found, yes Gabby has been found, No Gabby has not been buried, yet. This search for a "missing" person, yes I do believe it could be scaled back some, not called off. As for the neighbors, I don't blame them for being "annoyed", they had nothing to do with any of this , maybe some LE could help the neighbors with the protesters. I have complete faith, 100% in our justice system, and our LE, and our FBI. I know without a doubt BL will be found, it's just a matter of time.

You could be right with the air con thing though.

I guess it's hard for me to relate to since I live in a country where 98% of houses don't have it, and only some public buildings and businesses. :p

I'm about 550 miles north of Orlando and it was hot here most days in Sept. Even if they weren't worried about being harassed, I expect it was too hot to sit comfortably in their car with the windows down. If they'd done that for 1/2 hour before their appt they likely would have gotten all sweaty. I really think that's all there was to it.
JMO

The question is should it be for a missing person or a fugitive?
He's a fugitive IMO. Even though they haven't done a poster on him yet he has been indicted on federal charges and there is a warrant out for his arrest. MOO.

I keep looking at their site to see if today is the day they've issued one. But if you look at it you will note they have a drop down menu with very specific categories for whom they put this out. He has not been indicted for a homicide (that would start the clock running on his prosecution, IMO), and his outstanding warrant does not seem to fit within the categories. So, this could be why there is no official poster. MOO. BUT, you will also note that he has never been listed as a missing person under the missing persons tab. MOO Fugitives — FBI

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members