Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Protesters outside Brian Laundrie's home cited for using loudspeaker
October 2, 2021 3:04pm

laundrie-house.jpg

A speaker used to cajole the parents of Gabby Petito's fugitive boyfriend.

Protesters outside Brian Laundrie’s parents’ home were handed citations Saturday for being too loud.

The small group used a speaker to cajole the parents of Gabby Petito’s fugitive boyfriend.

“Come out here and answer America’s questions!” one of the half-dozen demonstrators camped out across the street from the Laundries’ North Port, Florida, home said through the speaker, according to a video posted by Fox News reporter Michael Ruiz.

laundrie-house-2.jpg

Police handed out ordinances and explained that they can’t use a speaker but have a right to protest.
Shades of another Florida case we're all familiar with. can you imagine the atmosphere inside that house? No thank you...
MOO

Protesters outside Brian Laundrie's home cited for using loudspeaker
October 2, 2021 3:04pm
A speaker used to cajole the parents of Gabby Petito's fugitive boyfriend.

Protesters outside Brian Laundrie’s parents’ home were handed citations Saturday for being too loud.

The small group used a speaker to cajole the parents of Gabby Petito’s fugitive boyfriend.

“Come out here and answer America’s questions!” one of the half-dozen demonstrators camped out across the street from the Laundries’ North Port, Florida, home said through the speaker, according to a video posted by Fox News reporter Michael Ruiz.

Police handed out ordinances and explained that they can’t use a speaker but have a right to protest.

Photos snipped.

In this regard, I have more sympathy for the Laundries, which I seriously doubt is their goal.

Nevermind my misguided commentary...deleted.

I repeat this sighting here:

A Florida engineer is adamant he spoke with Brian Laundrie on a deserted road near the Appalachian Trail in North Carolina on Saturday morning.
“There is no doubt in my mind I spoke to Brian Laundrie — none whatsoever,” Davis, 53, said.
“Dog the Bounty Hunter’s daughter sent me an audio file of Brian’s voice and the voice was the same I heard.”
A lost and dazed man allegedly waved down Davis on Waterville Road, where the Appalachian Trail runs nearby the border of North Carolina and Tennessee.
The man believed to be Laundrie pulled his car up alongside Davis to ask for directions to California using only back roads and refused Davis’ suggestion to take nearby Interstate 40.
Davis, a father of four currently hiking the Appalachian Trail, said the Laundrie-look-alike acted skittish and rambled about being in a fight with his girlfriend.
Davis said he believes if the man was Laundrie he was “wigged out” from being on the run and the situation with Petito.
“He said ‘man, I’m lost.’ I said ‘what are you trying to find?’ and he said ‘me and my girlfriend got in a fight but she called me, told me she loves me, and I have to get to California to see her.’
“I said ‘well, I-40 is right there and you could take it west to California’ and he said, ‘I’m just going to take this road into California’.
“He was worried and not making sense.”
Davis did not immediately recognize the man as the fugitive until he pulled over and looked up photos of the outlaw on his phone.
The man Davis sighted drove a white or light-colored pick up truck resembling a Ford F-150 and wore a dark bandana on his head.

Source: Brian Laundrie may have been spotted on Appalachian Trail

Sounds interesting.
Why California?
If the engineer promptly reported his possible BL sighting to LE, wouldn’t all LE within range make an all out effort to locate the vehicle and the BL lookalike? It seems like the male was disoriented enough that he could be losing steam in his elusive run and could prove easier to find. Why does this have to take so agonizingly long?

Thank you for responding to this with your opinion based on your knowledge! I did not think you would see the question. I know nothing about guns yet my thoughts immediately went to where you just ended. MOO. And, as someone pointed out last night, can't the hole possibly be bigger if they had tried to dig a bullet out? MOO IMO
No problem! I went to bed early last night, but I got the alert. Target practice from someone else could be an option as well. But, I am leaning more towards he shot her. MOO
What appears to be blood next to the one bullet hole is very telling. I have not thought of them digging the bullets out! That could be why they are so large looking. I am thinking he did have one on the trip for self protection (you never know traveling like that) and it turned ugly. But that's just me! MOO

Petito’s death ruled a homicide, experts see Laundrie as abuser

No, they were told they needed a permit to use the loud speakers.

Well it makes no sense if they do get a permit to yell at a house through a loudspeaker.

It was not clear if the Laundries made the call to the police or if neighbors did.

Ruiz posted that neighbors are fed up with the protesters, some of whom have maintained a presence at the house for weeks.

“We hate them as much as we hate the Laundries now,” one homeowner said. Another says he’s undergoing chemotherapy and the ruckus is disrupting his wife’s work from home.

My previous comment was removed because I didn't supply a link, so I'm curious to know what y'all think when CL made the statement in the interview, "I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that". I'm stuck on what she might have meant.

ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito (msn.com)
I thought she may have been about to say, before she stopped herself: when he’s having a mental health crisis. MOO.

I doubt it but I suppose it's possible the lost guy meant California NC, not the state of California. California NC is a tiny town in the northeast corner of NC, near the border with Virginia.

JMO

https://northcarolina.hometownlocator.com/nc/hertford/california.cfm

It never would have crossed my mind to search if there was a town California, NC. Thank you for that. But, IMO, is he not going the wrong way then unless, he has a firm plan, or planned aid to get him out or sheltered? Winter is coming. But then again maybe this is what he's banking on. Maybe making it up to the Adirondacks or Maine where recluse Christopher Tomas Knight lived for so long. Perhaps he thinks going north with harsh temps on the way may be the plan that LE would discount as a last resort? MOO. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
That makes light-years more sense. Imo, it wasn't BL, but either way, some guy in a truck looking for a back way to a tiny town in the same state makes a LOT more sense than a FL fugitive asking for back road directions to the West Coast.

Yes, it's certainly possible. As I said in my original post mentioning California NC, I don't know how likely it is.

But it's pretty likely the engineer from Florida has never heard of California NC. So he'd have assumed the man meant the state. And that may have led the engineer to decide that meant the lost man was especially "confused" when it's really the engineer who was. Having decided the man was confused and "wigged out" (quote from the engineer in NY Post article) may have made him look more like BL to him later on when he thought about it. I mean it's still odd to ask for back roads directions to a town 5+ hours away, but not nearly as odd as asking for directions to a state 2000+ miles away.

I doubt it was BL for the above reasons plus the visibility conditions were so bad.

JMO

Well it makes no sense if they do get a permit to yell at a house through a loudspeaker.

It was not clear if the Laundries made the call to the police or if neighbors did.

Ruiz posted that neighbors are fed up with the protesters, some of whom have maintained a presence at the house for weeks.

“We hate them as much as we hate the Laundries now,” one homeowner said. Another says he’s undergoing chemotherapy and the ruckus is disrupting his wife’s work from home.

YEP! I do agree with you.

Why didn't he get a plate? Even if he didn't realize it was BL until a few minutes after. He could have turned around, caught up and got the plates...

I wish he had filmed the whole encounter. And would let us know if the guy is still sporting a beard or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam