Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Petito's dad says she is 'already saving lives'

joe-petito.jpg

Joseph Petito

Gabby Petito’s grieving father posted a tribute to his slain daughter online Saturday morning, stating, “She is already saving lives.”

“So many stories being sent to us about relationships being left with proper planning for safety, and people are being found due to her influence,” Joseph Petito wrote in the Twitter post Saturday morning. “We have much more work to do, but it’s a start.”

The first response to his post pointed to evidence it was on target.

“Gabby finally gave me courage to seek help to get out of my 12 year abusive relationship,” replied a woman whose handle is @NatillyWelshie. “She is inspiring so many” the post said, ending with a heart-shaped emoji.

Gabby Petito's mom demands Brian Laundrie turn himself in

nichole-schmidt.jpg

Gabby Petito's mother Nichole Schmidt

In her first-ever tweet, Gabby Petito’s mother demanded that Brian Laundrie do the right thing.

“Mama bear is getting angry!” Nichole Schmidt wrote. “Turn yourself in!”

She gave a shout out to her ex-husband and Gabby’s father in the post, adding “@josephpetito agrees” along with the hashtags #justiceforgabby and #americasdaughter.

Protesters outside Brian Laundrie's home cited for using loudspeaker
October 2, 2021 3:04pm

laundrie-house.jpg

A speaker used to cajole the parents of Gabby Petito's fugitive boyfriend.

Protesters outside Brian Laundrie’s parents’ home were handed citations Saturday for being too loud.

The small group used a speaker to cajole the parents of Gabby Petito’s fugitive boyfriend.

“Come out here and answer America’s questions!” one of the half-dozen demonstrators camped out across the street from the Laundries’ North Port, Florida, home said through the speaker, according to a video posted by Fox News reporter Michael Ruiz.

laundrie-house-2.jpg

Police handed out ordinances and explained that they can’t use a speaker but have a right to protest.

Good. It's doubtful these protesters will accomplish anything by using the loudspeaker, and it's inconsiderate to the neighbors. I felt the same way about the bullhorn couple.

Do you think they will release if it’s murder or manslaughter etc without revealing COD? From what I’ve heard homicide doesn’t necessarily mean murder so surely if it does become a murder investigation that will be released to the public, so this makes me think they haven’t determined it yet. Just a theory.

Murder/manslaughter is a legal conclusion. For example, you can "murder" someone but only ultimately be charged with and/or found guilty of some form of manslaughter. What you did didn't change; the legal outcome did. So, there's not going to be a "release" of that.

Last edited:
As shown in the two released body cams, they did not search her for weapons. Probably because her clothing really didn’t offer anyplace to conceal a weapon.
iirc - Gabby was asked if she had a weapon on her but it was indirect.
Something like "You obviously don't have a weapon on you."
And yes, Gabby's outfit was very simple and appropriate for travelling in the summer heat - shorts and a midriff baring top.

He also said, “I’ve never liked any of Gabby’s boyfriends, let’s be real. I’ve never actually called one of her boyfriends by their real name – ever, ever. I’ve always made up names for them, to be honest with you.” … “I always tried to use the female version of the boyfriends’ names, just to intimidate them a little bit”.

[Dr Phil interview]

Can you imagine the uproar had it been the other way around and the Laundries had a name for Gabby to "intimidate her"!?

I'll likely be berated for this comment, but bullying is wrong, no matter which "side" it's coming from, and like I said yesterday, many humans are a product of not only how they've been raised, but also of how they've been treated by others :(

Just my two pence.

MOO

K9 search expert: Promising clues emerge in hunt for Brian Laundrie

brian-laundrie-michael-hadsell.jpg

Michael Hadsell is the president of Peace River K9 Search and Rescue and recently joined the hunt for Gabby Petito’s missing boyfriend Brian Laundrie (inset).

Peace River K9 Search and Rescue team joined Dog the Bounty Hunter in his search for Brian Laundrie this week. Michael Hadsel and Dog’s team TOOK A boat to several islands based on tips from the public.

"We did find some campsites, we did find some evidence of kayaks near the campsites so it is possible that Brian’s out there," Hadsell said.

See all images

Fort De Soto Park
South-southwest of St. Petersburg, Florida, Fort De Soto Park is a park operated by Pinellas County on five offshore keys, or islands.

Peace River K9 Search and Rescue is based out of Southwest Florida, and is run by Michael Hadsell. He has tons of experience, leading almost 200 missions with his group.

"The parents as you know are being uncooperative, so we don’t have any sent articles or anything from Brian to be able to use it as a target odor for our dogs to work on," Hadsell said. "So, we do what we call, ‘general human scent.’

This team is volunteering their time with Dog, using highly trained K-9s with experience in working in water.

"Our dogs are trained to work on odor from the boat," Hadsell said. "And we can circle these smaller islands, if there is any human odor being produced from the island, the dogs will alert, and then we’ll send teams to go check it out.”

Last edited:
Brian went to that AT&T store September 14 with an older woman and purchased the phone before they left. Isn’t Sept. 14 when Brian’s parents claim they last saw him leaving their home with his backpack? So, he walked straight to some older woman’s place to take him to get a phone? LE has surveillance. It will be so interesting to find out who she is. A trusted family friend. A trusted friend of the attorney? The mother of one of Brian’s trusted friends? Did he still have any? A co-worker at Publix? I think Brian can turn on the charm at will. Did he convince someone to help him?

IMO

Why California? It’s because it makes no sense to ask for directions to California on backroads in NC. I think he is setting up his alibi to plead insanity.
My beautiful home state seems to be the place many fugitives want to go. Jeffrey Easley, Tad Cummins, Oliver Locke, someone a few pages back mentioned another. Maybe it's because fugitives want to get as far away from the place where people are looking for them as possible? Or that the weather is usually nice?

Regarding Brian's trip back to Florida a week or so before Gabby was killed -- has it been verified that this definitely happened?
I keep coming back to the fact that him driving the van back to Florida from Wyoming was the stupidest thing he could do as far as making himself look suspicious as soon as he got back home without Gabby. Why not dump the van somewhere and fly home, if that was an option? There had to be some reason he had to take the van back with him. Evidence?

Can you imagine the uproar had it been the other way around and the Laundries had a name for Gabby to "intimidate her"!?

I'll likely be berated for this comment, but bullying is wrong, no matter which "side" it's coming from, and like I said yesterday, many humans are a product of not only how they've been raised, but also of how they've been treated by others :(

Just my two pence.

MOO
I'm not a fan either. I wonder what Gabby said about it.

Couples need to get out of toxic relationships ... RUN. There is NO excuse to stay; you aren't going to change the other person. Goodness, who wants to fight and argue, love is about building lives, not tearing them down. GP/BL = Toxic Couple

FBI must have good reason to be ignoring Davis' sighting tip. All I can think is that they are confident that he was in the reserve and died there. If they thought he was still alive, it would still be "all hands on deck". I sure hope they are certain about this. jmo

My beautiful home state seems to be the place many fugitives want to go. Jeffrey Easley, Tad Cummins, Oliver Locke, someone a few pages back mentioned another. Maybe it's because fugitives want to get as far away from the place where people are looking for them as possible? Or that the weather is usually nice?
Less manned border crossing? All the border news seems to be focused on Texas. I can't see him getting into Mexico and lasting if the cartel knows of this bounty. MOO JMO

Couples need to get out of toxic relationships ... RUN. There is NO excuse to stay; you aren't going to change the other person. Goodness, who wants to fight and argue, love is about building lives, not tearing them down. GP/BL = Toxic Couple
Yes, if it reaches anyone here, it's worth bumping this. If there is abuse, just get out. It's not worth the risk trying to fix it and it's sooooo much harder once kids are involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts