Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO only explanation for continuing to be completely silent, even through his attorney, in the face of pleas from the family after not hearing from their daughter for 16 days is that he knows she's dead. I think all of us know Gabby isn't just wandering around in the desert waiting for a ride. This is the guy who was willing to "go to jail instead of her" in the body cam video. I can't think of another reason for him to say absolutely nothing about the last time he saw her unless he knew something had happened.

bolded by me... IMO... talk is cheap, haha.

I mean, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying it's a little like another case when an obviously guilty defendant's daughter went on public TV and said "People keep saying our father killed our mother, why, our father 'let us' make the decision about whether or not to give her an autopsy!"

Us: "Um, no. It's not a crowdsourcing opportunity, girlfriend. Only one person can literally make the decision; that's next of kin, which is your dad. You only think he "let you make the decision", because you all shook your heads from side to side and said "Nope, no, no autopsy necessary here!" You don't know what your father would have done if you had said "Yes, we insist upon an autopsy!", because it never happened."

This is like that to me. Brian "offered"; did any officer actually stick him in the back of the police car at any point and then chirpily say "OK, then, off we go!"? Betcha that even as a non-felon, Brian would have turned sheet white and staggered a bit at this proposition.

Last edited:
I too think that they had a big fight and broke up. He drove home. He doesn't know anything more than that. He doesn't know where she is. He didn't know she wasn't calling home. For all we know, he was calling her but she wasn't answering and he though she was ghosting him. Now she's missing and all eyes are on him. In that scenario you do exactly what he's doing. There's nothing he can say to help. Her parents are under stress, I understand that. They are acting though that they believe he knows something, and they are distraught. What can he say beyond what he has said, that he hopes they find her. I would hope he's told someone when he left her and where he last saw her. I think he did but don't know for sure.

So, does anyone here know if he did say when/where he last saw her?

Unfortunately, part of this theory falls apart. Since he came home & she was reported missing. He Has Not Spoken to Police. His parents handed the police the NY Attorney's card. The Attorney has made 2 statements. Both stating that he is doing as advised by his attorney in not speaking with anyone. The 2nd statement said basically the same, that he will not be talking. The police have asked several times for his help and have said "BL is hindering their investigation."
This link should have everything I have said and more.
Live updates: Police are analyzing phone data to find Gabby Petito; bodycam footage shows the 22-year-old and her boyfriend in Utah after a fight

MHOO, but I disagree. I would definitely expect him to make up a valid-sounding alibi for whatever happened to GP. I don’t think he did anything to the other women (to me that’s more of a serial killer thing, and I don’t think this guy is a serial killer)…but even if he did, he wouldn’t have to include an alibi for that. He could just be like “Huh? Never saw them in my life” and leave it at that.

I can’t figure out why he came home and lawyered up instead of making up an alibi for himself and sounding innocent, especially since he seemed totally ok with the cops in the video. That’s why I think there’s some sort of unique facet to what happened that we have no idea what it is at this point.

Except that he can't say huh, never saw them in my life because there was incident directly outside the shop that one of them worked at. He seems intelligent enough to know that there would be some kind of trace of any interaction he had with them.

Not good. We were there over the summer and have Verizon plus AT&T phones. At Grand Teton NP we were able to get some brief reception on Jenny Lake. Besides that, it was a struggle to even be able to find one bar to search things in the GPS.

the weird thing I felt was that BL admitted grabbing her face yet there seemed to be no consideration of the possibility the scratches were defensive to get his hands off her

The altercation wasn't in the van. It was in front of the Moonflower Food Co-op in Moab, and the police tracked the van several miles away before they stopped it.
GP was hitting him and grabbing the steering wheel right before they were stopped. That's what made him swerve and hit the curb.

Question: Do we know of any actual sightings of BL since he returned home to Florida? I'm wondering if he's in the parents house or in a treatment/mental health facility somewhere nearby. Call it a hunch and MOO.

Where is he?

read a news article that a friend said she was supposed to meet up with GP in Yosemite - definitely not Yellowstone - on Aug 29 - so the plan, after Utah I guess - was to head to Yosemite.

Guess it all comes down to where the phone was when it said "no service in yosemite"

or --- how did she get to Yosemite? BL drives there, does something, then drives back to florida from cali which is even further away? or BL leaves her, drives to FL, and she makes her own way to Yosemite?

This is incredibly confusing. Yosemite is a long way away from where they were. If she facetimed with her mom on the 24th or 25th she could have been in Yosemite by the 29th but not with Brian and the van. There's no way he could have made it back to Florida by the 1st in two days - unless he had another person to share the driving, straight through, w/o rest. So back to the question of whether he and Gabby headed back to Florida, together and something bad happened along the way.

Yosemite?! Or Yellowstone?
Same question. Sorry, I can’t keep up here... you guys are speedy as the Roadrunner! ;)
So... why was there a text allegedly from her to mom, saying, “no service in Yosemite”? Or, am I wrong about that? As I said, can’t keep up.
I didn’t think they made it that far, or did they?

MOO, but I don’t think the double homocide in Moab has anything to do this case. For those who say it’s too bizarre of a coincidence, there are plenty of bizarre statistics. The birthday problem comes to mind.

“In probability theory, the birthday problem or birthday paradox concerns the probability that, in a set of N randomly chosen people, some pair of them will have the same birthday. In a group of 23 people, the probability of a shared birthday exceeds 50%, while a group of 70 has a 99.9% chance of a shared birthday.” - via Wikipedia​

Did you miss where the fight, the Moonflower co op where one of the victims was working that day, where Brian and Gabby spent 6 hours on the Wi-Fi and the hotel LE took Brian to is like 100 yards from each other?

That said, I'm not sure the cases are connected. But it makes me curious.

I have to ask myself the question...why would a guy who has recently been stopped by the police for battling with his girlfriend risk murdering her shortly after? Surely, he knew there was a full hour of body cam evidence available. Doesn't make sense.

Then why did they call an attorney? They know plenty about what happened. That's why they immediately got their attorney involved long before her family or LE even knew she was missing. Sorry, there is no explaining this away.
They would know once they got the text from GP's parents. Do you know when GP's parents contacted BL's parents and when they got the lawyer? I don't.

I of course don't know this, but IMO, LE does believe a crime has been committed and have probable cause to at least get the basic digital info. When one of the Chiefs stated two left, one came back would go towards probable cause. Add in BL's non co-cooperation and refusal to say where he last saw her. The fact her life may be in danger if she was left in a remote location in WY and time is of the essence. He came home with her van and no Gabby. Lack of proof of life. That's a lot of probable cause. I have seen judges in other cases approve warrants on less than that. JMO though.
This is what I don't really understand but I guess POI simple response could be this is where I last saw her
Yes I agree.
When I play the devil's advocate, I'm trying to consider the other possibilities as told by the poi.
Also there are some cases that get turned around , so to speak.
Like Heidi Broussard's.
The friend who killed her had other friends vilify the boyfriend of Heidi's.
As it turns out, none of it was true and he's a good and responsible person and always was.
I ate crow over that case.
And I've considered donating to the crowdfunding for the children's sake.

In a separate missing child case :
If a person has a relative missing but there's strong evidence that their story is full of holes and the story keeps changing in major ways ... they may not be a victim.
And if they've victimized younger relatives and a DA is willing to press charges --that won't happen without valid proof as in photos or videos.
Again that relative(s) of the missing person is not a victim, but possibly a perpetrator.
I agree here on this, POI not talking better have some unexpected twist of the unbelievable, because body cam, facts and missing do not favor your innocence.

In Gabby's case, I'm thinking that BL may have told his family/friends something totally different than what occurred.
Who's going to check if they were thousands of miles away when it happened ?
I think the worst has come to pass, and I don't think many here will be eating any crow.
Something is terribly wrong.
Imo.

Keep in mind if she's alive, all of this goes away....
Not necessarily. It depends on his contribution to her absence, if any, and her physical state and condition.There are certainly other criminal charges that may be levied. Remember 3 weeks with potentially no food, no water, exposed to the elements and wildlife.

You lead them to a live Gabby and he'll get 6 months for assault or whatever charges there are (that are NOT homicide related because she's ALIVE!). It's her life that is important. It's not just doing a good thing, it's doing the best thing for yourself (the criminal) too.
This is precisely why I think it's over. If it weren't his attorney would be allowing him to cooperate - as he sits in. His attorney needs a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member