Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt this her driving it on their trip ......starting st the1:29 second to the 1:31 minute????..............

I know, I know, if I was scared of driving a particular vehicle I certainly wouldn't (a), buy that vehicle, (b), make someone else do all the heavy lifting driving said vehicle 24/7 on a cross country road trip no matter how hard my beloved swore he didn't mind doing so; but, it is what it is.

squareandrabbet said:
In the police video, she says she's scared to drive it.

I know, I know, if I was scared of driving a particular vehicle I certainly wouldn't (a), buy that vehicle, (b), make someone else do all the heavy lifting driving said vehicle 24/7 on a cross country road trip no matter how hard my beloved swore he didn't mind doing so; but, it is what it is.

Some parts of the video match pictures she posted on IG that were posted more than a year and a half ago, which would have been the "Nissan Sentra" trip out to CA. Yet posted as Van Life.

Faux Life.

<modsnip>
Also, remember the definition of the term "manic" - A manic episode is characterized by a sustained period of abnormally elevated or irritable mood, intense energy, racing thoughts, and other extreme and exaggerated behaviors. People can also experience psychosis, including hallucinations and delusions, which indicate a separation from reality.
Anyone keeping company with a person having a history of this behavior understands the complexity of it and would not characterize that person as "crazy".

Last edited by a moderator:

Cassie Laundrie opened up in an interview with ABC News after her family was accused by the Petitos of withholding valuable information about the whereabouts of Gabby, who was reported missing Saturday.

“Obviously me and my family want Gabby to be found safe,” Cassie said in the interview.

“She’s like a sister and my children love her, and all I want is for her to come home safe and found and this to be just a big misunderstanding,” she added.

I noticed that GP almost uses emojis in her Instagram Posts; she stays positive and does not ramble in her writing. I see a distinct change in the most recent posts. The posts are more negative and ramble on. These latter posts look more like the BL style of writing he uses on social media. Just a thought...what do you guys think?
Yes, everyone has been saying since this all started the last few posts on her insta are not from her.

It really makes perfect sense.
He is guilty in your eyes regardless. So what happens if he talks.

The police go through every effort to get him to contradict himself. The minute he does that, he is now guilty of lying to the police. If she walked out of him and he thought she was safe from the 24th until the 11th, nothing good can come from talking. It will only make you look worst and the police will get you to slip up.

The mom gets an text from her daughters phone on August 1st, easily traced to Yosemite. The van and BL was back in Florida on the 1st.

He would have to drove the van back to florida. Caught a plane back to California, then traveled to Yosemite to send one message, hope a plane back to florida.

That is the problem with this case. He could not drive that distance in 24 hours. He could not really fly that distance in 24 hours.

If the texts on the 24th and the 30th are from GP's phone , then BL could not have been
evolved. If those messages where sent those message were sent from anywhere, lets say texas and florida, BL would be in hand cuffs and arrested.

But you missed one key point....
All that has been asked of him is this: Where was the last place you saw her.
He can answer that VIA his attorney. He could have answered that VIA his parents.
Yet even his parents would not speak to her parents.

He refused to do that ONE thing. He never once even had to speak to police.

HUGE RED FLAGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom

According to reports, Gabby also told a friend on August 27 on Snapchat that she was heading for Yellowstone National Park.

Gabby's friend told The Sun they were yet to pinpoint a date to meet at Yellowstone, but she was meant to call her on her birthday, August 29, to make concrete plans.

Just a date later, Gabby is said to have texted her mom - claiming to be hundreds of miles away at Yosemite National Park in California.

Thanks for the red and bold letters. I was confused before.

Phew, I had to take a long break due to the Yosemite/Yellowstone fiasco that was making my brain hurt!

Would you mind linking/timestamping where this was mentioned? I watched the bodycam footage, rewatched, and looked at some other people's summary of the times.
I have yet to find where they said "she had marks". The official report contradicts this.

I commented previously about her physical marks here with timestamps :):

WY - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

<modsnip>
Also, remember the definition of the term "manic" - A manic episode is characterized by a sustained period of abnormally elevated or irritable mood, intense energy, racing thoughts, and other extreme and exaggerated behaviors. People can also experience psychosis, including hallucinations and delusions, which indicate a separation from reality.
Anyone keeping company with a person having a history of this behavior understands the complexity of it and would not characterize that person as "crazy".

We should also keep in mind that hypomania is a lesser form of mania and could also be displayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you from out west? It’s dirty here. There’s sand, rocks, dust EVERYWHERE. I go outside with the dogs for 5 minutes and if i have sandles on I’m dirty. I can’t imagine trying to stay clean and pristine while living in a van and a tent. It would be nearly impossible. I was just camping for 2 days and came back and thought I’d stain the shower with how much dust and dirt came off of me. Seems weird you’d even look into this as a way for him to be “bad”. I’d be going crazy if my partner required me to be clean before getting in a tent while we were living in it. You’d have to shower or wipe your body down every 20 minutes.
Gabby appeared to be clean.

SBM
Yes. She handles stress by going manic and he handles it more calmly, as evidenced by the video itself. I would call that an accurate characterization.
Sometimes people handle stress by giving it all to someone else to handle. Very very common. Bloodsuckers who come to visit, soak up all your sympathy and then leave you a bundle of nerves while they are rejuvenated. He blames her for everything, even his dangerous, illegal driving. she was too sensitive to recognize the blame he was dumping on her day after day.........and tell him to buzz off.

Instagram logs the signed-in-from location in the app itself with time stamps and everything and it’s not something that can be cleared. I wonder if a family member could request her login info because if so they’d be able to report that information to LE real quick.
I hope they know this and request the details!

Imo Brian knows exactly what happened but it wouldn't be in his best interest to divulge those details. Unfortunately this case will not have a happy ending as the reason to remain silent is not bc he doesn't know anything but rather he know's things that he knows he can't reveal. I feel for her family as they have to feel that he knows exactly what happened to poor gabby. The wheels of justice turn slowly but grind fine. I believe in time they will have the answers that they so desperately seek but it will take time. And the waiting has to be absolutely excruciating for her loved ones.

Gabby Petito • Van-Life Profiling Evil

Road Trip

August 24, 2021
The couple checks out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah. Salt Lake City, Utah is located approximately 4-hours north of Moab at 235 miles away.

August 25, 2021
While enroute to Grand Teton National Park, the couple stops to see the Butterfly Wall in Ogden, Utah. The entire trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and the Grand Teton area is about 5-hours, covering just over 280 miles.

August 25, 2021
The couple arrives in Grand Teton National Park. This is the last time Gabby's mother speaks with her on the phone. She receives a few texts between the 25th and 28th, but cannot confirm it was Gabby speaking.

Timeline

August 13, 2021
In an interesting twist, Kylen Schulte, 24, and Crystal Turner, 38 are last heard of on this day. Their murdered bodies are discovered on August 18th but it appears that Gabby was in Salt Lake and Brian was in Florida.

August 13-23, 2021
It is unknown when Gabby and Brian re-unite and drive to Salt Lake City. Or, if they even travel to SLC together. Media reports suggest Laundrie traveled to Florida by plane on August 17-23. The couple is seen leaving a SLC hotel on August 24th. Gabby's father sent them a pizza on the 23rd and her mother had a video chat with her.

August 24, 2021
Gabby and Brian are in Ogden, Utah visiting the Monarch art mural.

August 25, 2021
Couple arrives in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and the entrance of Grand Teton National Park. Gabby speaks to mother on phone and indicates they are going to go to Yellowstone National Park the following day.

August 27-30, 2021
Gabby's phone posts a few text messages that the family considers suspicious. There is no verbal or video discussions with Gabby.

Gabby Petito • Van-Life

This is an illustrative example that is relevant to GP's case in another way, I think.

If the genders in the example above had been reversed with the female stomping off and the male following the female through the streets for a good distance while yelling at her, I'm sure people would have generally perceived him as a threat. They probably would have called him abusive, controlling, a gaslighter even. All based on that one tiny interaction that they didn't really know anything about. At the same time, I don't think anyone would consider that SHE, the woman who had stomped off and left him behind, was guilty of "emotional abuse" in that situation.

My point is, people see what they want to see.

IMO
Possibly, but as others have pointed out, she is the one who is missing and he is the one acting suspicious, so an interpretation that fits her being the victim makes sense in the context. If he were missing, then interpretations where he was a victim would be appropriate.

Often people relate things to situations they know instead of the situation at hand.
Right!! Good observation. But, in this case we don't know the situation and all the facts.
One thing I'm getting a strong feeling about, is that there is no sense of urgency here.

I saw the video. It was after he told the officer he suffered from a medical condition. It's a common question asked by LE.

Laundrie had said he had anxiety a few minutes earlier (iirc). I don't attribute any special significance to the question. Of course the police want to know what they're dealing with. And if Laundrie was separated from the van, as did happen, that any prescription medications go with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it