Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think there’s no telling. My hope is that BL’s family convinces him to sing, but there’s no way to gauge if this pressure will convince them to do that.

There are just a lot of things we don’t know.

This media attention is not going anywhere though, as this is a massive national story. Even local newscasts in Massachusetts are airing stories on it, and I imagine that’s the same across the country.

Yes, it's been all over the news here in Austin, TX.

I just realized that the mapping that's been done by some outlets and bloggers isn't complete. For example, in their youtube video that was posted 8/19 but done over several days (maybe even weeks) they say at 6:55 that they are at a campsite right outside Capitol Reef National Park.
Capitol Reef National Park is not being mentioned in reports. Not in the mapping here: [ Gabby Petito pal suspicious of phone call before she went missing ] and not in the storyboard here: [ Gabby Petito • Van-Life (but Bryce Canyon is mentioned here and not elsewhere)], and it's not mentioned in news reports.

"Laundrie traveled to Florida by plane on August 17-23. "

I did find that interesting.. For instance i don't understand why he wouldn't abandon the van and fly home if a murder took place. Seems a better cover story could be made that way. This stands out even more to me considering he had flown during the trip previously but maybe that extra expense factor comes into play and he couldn't afford another flight. That is assuming ofcourse a crime committed.

Wow. That's not exactly a vote of confidence in his client, is it?

I think the one and only reason his lawyer isn’t discounting a possible connection to the murders of the newlyweds is because it potentially ties in a third party as perpetrator, aka reasonable doubt as to who perpetrated whatever it is that’s happened to Gabby

It's probably just a coincidence that BL was the last person to see her alive and that all communication ended at the same time. He then drives the van home and immediately lawyers up. no red flags just a poor guy caught in an unfortunate situation .... ok yah, poor unlucky guy what are the chances

Just spent 2 weeks in Grand Tetons NP and Yellowstone in late July, we had almost no service once we got past a certain point in GT and throughout most of YNP - AT&T. Seriously, no reception for hours, day after day. There were 6 of us, all with same result. I would have loved to have had a third of the coverage in the map above.

Welcome to Websleuths,
avosamy !!

Just MOO, but I think BL's behavior is that of a completely terrified person. The indescribable abandonment of a person well known to thousands of people and most recently - the police? A beeline for his home base and family despite the police knowing his identity and personal information? This guy didn't go on the run, he headed to his family and a location easily found. It just might be that these two people stumbled into something only HE managed to escape. Maybe...it wasn't something BETWEEN THEM. Maybe, it was something THAT SURROUNDED THEM.

Last edited:
Anybody else not liking how the articles are framing Gabby's mental health? Just waiting for someone (media/lawyers/etc, not the average WS'er) to suggest she wandered off into the desert on her own because "crazy".

Gabby appeared to be clean.
Clean AND wearing bone-white shorts in the desert.
That's the Instagram staged like photos. People on Instagram are famous for this. Really like they have to get staged shots over and over again. It's almost like fake life.

In the 75 minute bodycam video from today, I saw her in what look like actual white shorts, good quality white shorts at that. If not actual white color, they're light. Living in Utah, I generally wear dark colors. Other posters are correct in saying the dust/sand here is intense.

I think the one and only reason his lawyer isn’t discounting a possible connection to the murders of the newlyweds is because it potentially ties in a third party as perpetrator, aka reasonable doubt as to who perpetrated whatever it is that’s happened to Gabby
The third party perpetrator doesn’t hold water as GP was seen at a later date, alive and with BL, several hundred miles north of Moab. This lawyer may not have that geography awareness though.

People really can’t imagine the red dirt until they experience it. LOL. You find that stuff everywhere for weeks!
There's always something. Getting in and out of a small van. They had traveled earlier in an even smaller vehicle. I can see him trying to upset her by not doing his part.

I'm sure the dust was difficult. In Oregon it could have been mud. In Alaska it could have been reluctance to go to the outhouse because of bears. If one person refuses to pull their weight it would be excruciatingly painful for the other one. For one reason or another he drove her van, and seemed to use that as a powerful tool to say "placate me or I'm gone, with all your stuff too." And he appeared to expect her to clean up after him. And leaving her rig, or tent unfilmable would be a good way to jeopardize her business attempts. Sounds to me like he was insidiously trying to make her fail, since he had nothing going of his own.

Sorry if this is a repeat. I can't keep up!

Utah law enforcement experts believe finding Gabby Petito will be 'extremely difficult' (fox13now.com)
[...]

Gabby wasn’t reported missing until two weeks after the 22-year-old was last seen in Salt Lake City. The man who might know where she is, isn’t talking.

“Let’s just be clear. He looks guilty as hell,” said former Salt Lake Co. Sheriff and Moab Police Chief Jim Winder.

[...]

With Brian refusing to talk, physical evidence becomes critical. Winder believes investigators are heavily focused on the digital footprint the couple left behind, especially cell phones.

“Until there is some physical evidence, to point in that direction, this thing can linger for a long time,” Winder said.

[...]

Maybe she took an insane amount of time every day to clean herself. I don’t know.

GP stated in the LEO video she had just showered the day before. This was in response to the LEO saying a shower might make her feel better as she was preparing to enter the van to drive away. Not a big deal but he again brings up how a shower helps his anxious wife calm down when he’s driving BL to the hotel. JMPO

I am very much pro LEO but this guy shared too much personal info and he’s the one who spoke of Kings Canyon and Sequoia NF.

She disappeared between Aug 25 - 27.

Timeline of Gabrielle Petito’s disappearance

2 July, 2021: Gabrielle Petito and her fiance, Brian Laundrie, leave New York on a cross-country trip in a camper van.

5 July, 2021: The couple stops at Monument Rocks in Kansas.

24 August, 2021: Ms Petito is last seen with checking out of a Salt Lake City hotel with Mr Laundrie

25 August, 2021: Ms Petito’s mother, Nicole Schmidt, video chats with her daughter for the last time via phone. Ms Petito reveals she is in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.

27 Aug 27, 2021: GP tells friend they will meet up at Yellowstone and GP will call on her birthday to solidify the plan.

29 August, 2021: Missed birthday call with friend to discuss meet up plans at Yellowstone National Park.

30 August, 2021: Ms Schmidt receives a text purportedly from Ms Petito. Ms Smith says she is unsure if the text was actually from her daughter.

8(?) September, 2021: fiance, Brian Laundrie, returned to his Florida home.

11 September, 2021: Ms Petito’s parents report her missing.​

Access to gas purchases would help. That would tell us where he was when stopped touring and drove directly to his parents' home.

In regards to the video ONLY:
Brian appeared genuinely concerned about Gabby. He did not want her to be arrested. He offered to go to jail in her stead.He indicated that Gabby gets upset on occasion and he attempts to take some space for things to calm down. I got the impression he was accepting of her mental health struggles, whatever they may be.
I speculate that no matter how accustomed that they both may be to these his/hers mental health issues that neither of them are accustomed to/comfortable with being involved with the police. I assume that scared them both and neither would want to actually be arrested and taken to jail.The incident is likely something that both of them did not want to repeat.
Patterns:
It is possible that some things we saw on the video are repeated behaviors. As a mental health professional, I wondered if Gabby had some borderline personality traits (frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment - for one). Perhaps Gabby behaves like that with Brian when she is stressed. Perhaps he often recommends taking space which could furtherer trigger someone with borderline traits. Maybe she always freaks a bit and tries to grab Brian or just touches him somehow...Maybe he tends to push her away when that happens.
People die on trails from time to time. They slip even without being pushed away...

Regarding all the mental health stuff - its seems we are forgetting that BL also reported having mental health issues in the police report.
In addition if GP just slipped even without being pushed why in the world would he leave and lawyer up not even breathing a slight hint of where she could be.

Not to be nit picky by any means, but for factual sake in case it matters, it’s the FBI that has asked that the family not share more about the relationship. They have not said why they’ve made that request yet that I’ve seen.
The police were asked about this in an interview and said they do not know, didn't want to speculate, but would think it is as simple as wanting to keep the public's focus on finding her, looking out for leads, tips, info.

The third party perpetrator doesn’t hold water as GP was seen at a later date, alive and with BL, several hundred miles north of Moab. This lawyer may not have that geography awareness though.

“creepy guy” stalkers have been known to stalk/follow ppl for hundreds of miles though. We both know it’s show though yes.

Oh! I missed that. So then it’s even more bizarre that so many people would think she is unlikely to be a victim in this relationship.

Thanks for the correction.
If I remember correctly she also had marks on her neck. Police didn't check for other marks like they did with Brian, though. I wish they had questioned her more about it.

Grabbing someone by the face or neck to push them away seems odd. I would think one would take someone by the arms or shoulders to hold them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it