Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito

A popular campsite planning app is providing new clues about the travels of a missing woman, Gabby Petito, before she disappeared.

KSL’s COLD podcast team has learned Petito, 22, used an app called The Dyrt to plan her cross-country road trip with boyfriend Brian Laundrie. Her public account on The Dyrt provides insight into the likely route the couple intended to take prior to Petito’s unsolved disappearance.

A review of Petito’s account by the COLD podcast team revealed several “lists” where she saved references to dispersed camping areas across Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana. Petito also wrote reviews after camping at some of those sites.

The “Utah” list includes 32 locations, far more than any of the other lists.

….

On the outskirts of Arches National Park, was one of several in the vicinity of Moab, Utah marked by Gabby Petito.

The Moab area is significant in Petito and Laundrie’s travels, as it was the place where they had an encounter with police on Aug. 12.

The COLD team cannot confirm where Petito camped that night, however her The Dyrt account provides some potential clues. Petito had flagged possible campsites on U.S. 128 along the Colorado River, as well as in the Porcupine Rim area of the Manti-La Sal National Forest.

….

Gabby Petito’s list on The Dyrt for “near Yellowstone” includes a location in between Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, in the John D. Rockefeller Memorial Parkway. The location sits in a meadow along Glade Creek a little over two miles southeast of Grassy Lake Reservoir.

The next site to the north on Petito’s “near Yellowstone” list is a backcountry campsite, labeled 4R1, within the heart of Yellowstone National Park. Unlike many of the locations Petito had marked on the app, the 4R1 site was not a place where she and Laundrie could have camped out of their van.

An overnight stay at 4R1 would have required the couple to obtain a permit from the National Park Service. The COLD team cannot confirm whether or not the couple obtained such a permit or hiked in to Ribbon Lake.

Petito’s lists on The Dyrt suggest she’d expected to exit Yellowstone National Park via the park’s west entrance. Her next place mark was the Targhee Creek Trailhead along U.S. Highway 20 east of Henry’s Lake State Park in Idaho.

The remainder of Petito’s listed locations in The Dyrt app suggest she and Laundrie had intended to travel north from the vicinity of West Yellowstone, Montana toward Kalispell, Montana and Glacier National Park. Those included spots along Swan Lake and the North Fork of the Flathead River.

It just might be that these two people stumbled into something only HE managed to escape.

SBM.

I’ve thought this too. He could have witnessed something?

From the beginning I thought, what if they encountered something just….weird? For example, (and not relating directly, just as an example) there is a religious cult (Twelve Tribes) that goes to music festivals, phish shows, etc to recruit kids….they have this really hippy cool red bus and play the free-spirit card, give first aid and invite people on bus tours and stuff, with the intent to adopt unsuspecting festival-goers in and those stories are pretty bizarre. I don’t know anything about the vanlife community but perhaps there were sketchy characters surrounding it and she/they got wrapped into something weird, or he witnessed something scary.

Either way there is NO reason for him not to speak up. If he was scared, he should be doubly scared for her. And all of that would be exculpatory so I don’t know why he wouldn’t say anything, unless he knew it looked bad for him. And frankly, he’s been quiet for so long, I fear that anything he says now WONT look good for him. It will seem concocted and well-rehearsed.

Even GPs family defended him at first and seemed to trust him. I feel that he’s thrown that all out the window by not talking up front. He should have maintained his lawyer but still communicated helpful details. If he really wasn’t involved, I don’t think they initially would’ve pressed that he definitively was and was lying, but now I think they might do that.

I think the most likely answer is probably right here which is that he is involved somehow. He definitely knows something and isn’t saying it. Even if it’s that they broke up and he has no knowledge and nothing to say, he hasn’t said that. Therefore, I think there is a criminal component that he is involved in.

Last edited:
His constant talking, apologizing, laughing, and repeating himself are common signs of anxiety. It seemed he was making a conscious effort to keep still by keeping his hands clasped in front of him.

IMO
Good point. I noticed his hands almost never left his crotch area. That’s a vulnerable spot on males so he was defensive in his body language which seemed oddly opposite his relaxed banter and helpfulness. I guess he’s a Beta male around Alphas. JMO

Just MOO, but I think BL's behavior is that of a completely terrified person. The indescribable abandonment of a person well known to thousands of people and most recently - the police? A beeline for his home base and family despite the police knowing his identity and personal information? This guy didn't go on the run, he headed to his family and a location easily found. It just might be that these two people stumbled into something only HE managed to escape. Maybe...it wasn't something BETWEEN THEM. Maybe, it was something THAT SURROUNDED THEM.
I can't imagine what could have terrified him so much that he wouldn't help police find Gabby.

So, the girl is missing. The guy never reported her missing. And they are taking his "word" that she is in the Tetons?

Of course.
one correction I don't believe they are taking his word on anything, I believe LE knows exactly who is responsible and are working hard to prove it. tic....tic....tic the clock is ticking and I believe that BL isn't is smart as he thinks he is.....With the agency's involved I believe that BL's silence has only bought him time but that sandglass will eventually run out

Timestamp 8:35 is where there is a discussion of whether BL hit GP or not. She explains that he grabbed her face. Demonstrates it. And says that's how she got the cut on her left cheek, and she can "still feel it".

Here is a cropped version of a clearer screenshot of the aforementioned cut. Note that I have only cropped the screenshot, not done any other editing. Timestamp is visible.

gabby2.png

Hand cut/scratch, with timestamp visible:

gabby1.png

Edited to add a link to the video source (Fox 13) I used -

Campsite planning app offers new clues in case of missing woman Gabby Petito

A popular campsite planning app is providing new clues about the travels of a missing woman, Gabby Petito, before she disappeared.

KSL’s COLD podcast team has learned Petito, 22, used an app called The Dyrt to plan her cross-country road trip with boyfriend Brian Laundrie. Her public account on The Dyrt provides insight into the likely route the couple intended to take prior to Petito’s unsolved disappearance.

A review of Petito’s account by the COLD podcast team revealed several “lists” where she saved references to dispersed camping areas across Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Montana. Petito also wrote reviews after camping at some of those sites.

The “Utah” list includes 32 locations, far more than any of the other lists.

….

On the outskirts of Arches National Park, was one of several in the vicinity of Moab, Utah marked by Gabby Petito.

The Moab area is significant in Petito and Laundrie’s travels, as it was the place where they had an encounter with police on Aug. 12.

The COLD team cannot confirm where Petito camped that night, however her The Dyrt account provides some potential clues. Petito had flagged possible campsites on U.S. 128 along the Colorado River, as well as in the Porcupine Rim area of the Manti-La Sal National Forest.

….

Gabby Petito’s list on The Dyrt for “near Yellowstone” includes a location in between Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, in the John D. Rockefeller Memorial Parkway. The location sits in a meadow along Glade Creek a little over two miles southeast of Grassy Lake Reservoir.

The next site to the north on Petito’s “near Yellowstone” list is a backcountry campsite, labeled 4R1, within the heart of Yellowstone National Park. Unlike many of the locations Petito had marked on the app, the 4R1 site was not a place where she and Laundrie could have camped out of their van.

An overnight stay at 4R1 would have required the couple to obtain a permit from the National Park Service. The COLD team cannot confirm whether or not the couple obtained such a permit or hiked in to Ribbon Lake.

Petito’s lists on The Dyrt suggest she’d expected to exit Yellowstone National Park via the park’s west entrance. Her next place mark was the Targhee Creek Trailhead along U.S. Highway 20 east of Henry’s Lake State Park in Idaho.

The remainder of Petito’s listed locations in The Dyrt app suggest she and Laundrie had intended to travel north from the vicinity of West Yellowstone, Montana toward Kalispell, Montana and Glacier National Park. Those included spots along Swan Lake and the North Fork of the Flathead River.
This is Key. Anywhere reservations are required is a timestamp on the timeline.

Police look for any link between Petito case and Moab homicides - follow updates live

Father of one of Brian Laundrie’s classmates describes him as “quiet” and “a good kid growing up"

Sean Leahy, the parent of a classmate who went to school with Brian Laundrie, told Fox News the man was “quiet” and “a good kid growing up.”

“The one thing that troubles me is that he came home. He didn’t say nothing,” he said. “And he got a lawyer.”

“All of this stuff coming out, I’m like surprised because every time I ever hung out with Brian, had classes with Brian, he was a really nice kid, a really funny kid,” he told the network.

I think people who were in the area, in the Tetons from say the 25th to the 30th, they are going to go back and search their minds, search their videos and they will be looking at their pictures to see if there is anything there that helps them,” said Bertram.

The FBI said no piece of information is too small or inconsequential. They’re asking anyone with pictures, video or information about Gabby to let them know.

Authorities are asking anyone with information about the case to contact the FBI's tip line at 1-800-CALLFBI(225-5324).
There you are, JJ. Do you have an updated timeline you can post?

I didn't get that at all and I watched the entire video. She acknowledged that she hit his arm and that would have easily caused him to veer onto the curb. She volunteered that information. He is the one who had clear marks on his arms and neck.

We have seen one incident unfold. We don't know what happened during their ongoing relationship. As Gitana said, she can be the abuser here and later the victim of the ultimate abuse (apologies for paraphrasing @gitana1).

MOO.
I watched the whole video too. There is no proof that she hit his arm enough (or at all) to make him
veer off as he went 3x the legal speed limit, refused to stop for the police, and endangered their lives and her investment in her vehicle. She was genuinely surprised and said NO when the cop asked if she grabbed the wheel as her loving fiancee had just accused her of. Although she may never have known where that story came from. Most of his words and actions were almost comically designed to blame everything on her. Call into question her sanity while smarmingly claiming to love her.

SBM.

I’ve thought this too. He could have witnessed something?

From the beginning I thought, what if they encountered something just….weird? For example, (and not relating directly, just as an example) a few years back there were stories of some religious cult (Twelve Tribes) “kidnapping” naive kids at music festivals….they had this really hippy red bus and played the free-spirit card and traveled to festivals to adopt people in and it was pretty bizarre. I don’t know anything about the vanlife community but perhaps there were sketchy characters surrounding it and she/they got wrapped into something weird, or he witnessed something scary.

Either way there is NO reason for him not to speak up. That would be exculpatory so I don’t know why he wouldn’t say anything, unless he knew it looked bad for him. And frankly, he’s been quiet for so long, I fear that anything he says now WONT look good for him. It will seem concocted and well-rehearsed.

Even GPs family defended him at first and seemed to trust him. I feel that he’s thrown that all out the window by not talking up front. He should have maintained his lawyer but still communicated helpful details. If he really wasn’t involved, I don’t think they initially would’ve pressed that he definitively was and was lying, but now I think they might do that.

I think the most likely answer is probably right here which is that he is involved somehow. He definitely knows something and isn’t saying it. Even if it’s that they broke up and he has no knowledge and nothing to say, he hasn’t said that. Therefore, I think there is a criminal component that he is involved in.

They say it’s always the simplest of answers

This is an illustrative example that is relevant to GP's case in another way, I think.

If the genders in the example above had been reversed with the female stomping off and the male following the female through the streets for a good distance while yelling at her, I'm sure people would have generally perceived him as a threat. They probably would have called him abusive, controlling, a gaslighter even. All based on that one tiny interaction that they didn't really know anything about. At the same time, I don't think anyone would consider that SHE, the woman who had stomped off and left him behind, was guilty of "emotional abuse" in that situation.

My point is, people see what they want to see.

IMO
Except HE came home in HER van and she hasn’t been heard from.

If I thought my girlfriend was crazy, I wouldn't decide to spend months traveling alone in a tiny van with her.

If I truly believed my boyfriend was capable of driving off in my van and leaving me 2000 miles away from home, I wouldn't decide to spend months traveling alone in a tiny van with him.

yet, here we are…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members