Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this also. I believe they broke up following the Utah incident. That had to have been an “oh ****” moment for her IMO. He flys home, but she’s still torn up about it and doesn’t want to tell anyone because that would make it official. The end of their relationship might have also marked the end of her travel blogging dreams in her opinion if she felt she couldn’t do van life on her on. I think she either A. reached out to reconcile and they decided he should come back which is when he starts hitch hiking to her, B. She couldn’t bring herself to completely cut all ties and will still texting him / keeping up with him. She mentions she’s staying out at spread creek, she’s planning on getting back on the road and he snaps at the idea that she thinks she can survive without him and starts hitch hiking to spread creek in order to confront her or knock some sense into her.

I also think given the description of the UT incident, there is a good chance locking her out of the van / threatening to abandon her is his thing and that much like in UT she tries to enter the van through the window only this time he tries to take off, she falls and he ends up running her over. MOO.
But why wouldn't Gabby just go home to her parents or a friend? Why not even go back with him? A motel? Was there some reason she had to stay there, maybe to hid until bruises healed? Jmo

And I’m tossing around a theory of what COULD have happened. If you don’t agree that’s fine, you don’t have to comment.

Katerz - you are the only one so far who feels like I do about the BL sighting Saturday by Dennis Davis. What to do now ? Will the FBI check it out ? Do you think BL will stay near that area ?

If he did not kill her, he left her and then did not let LE know where the campsite was so that they could get some start in their search for her. If that YouTuber had not spotted and filmed their van, and given the material to LE, Gabby might still not have been found.

Yes, I wondered if this video had sparked the sudden urge to report BL missing but I think it was perhaps only published late on the night they reported him gone or early the following day. Iirc they reported him missing sometime in the evening of the 18th.

Okay just adding to info on the Aug 17-23rd trip.
-Aug 21 Gabby's dad orders Uber Eats for Gabby, delivered to Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City.
-Aug 24th Gabby and Brian check out of Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City.

So we know that at least Gabby was at the hotel between the 21st and the 24th. Don't know if Brian was there any of those days or if Gabby was there prior to the 21st.

Timeline on missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito investigation

I think along the lines of your scenario. I think BL's parents were in the dark until 09/10 when Gabby's parents started calling. At that point they pressured BL for the truth and what he told them was serious enough they knew he needed a lawyer. When BL left home on the 14th he may have led his parents to believe he was going to turn himself in after one last hike. That could be why they waited several days before informing LE he was missing. They may have held onto hope that he would do that. I also believe he is deceased. IMO.
Is it absolutely confirmed (by quotes/statements) that they never even tried to reach out to the Ls until 9/10?

I ask because it seems odd to me that they would have gone from 0 (at 9/1-9/9) to [call Ls/file police report] on 9/10. I'd rather have expectex parents in their situation to have filed or tried to file a report only after some days of trying and failing to connect with the Ls.

In case I'm not clear - I am not criticizing GP'S parents. Just wondering if we know that they didn't try reaching BL/the Ls sooner than 9/10. I think it would be more likely that after x days of not hearing ftkm/not being able to reach GP, their next action would have been to try BL, then the L parebts, then CL, all over the course of that week/10 days before concluding they needed to reach out to LE.

Katerz - you are the only one so far who feels like I do about the BL sighting Saturday by Dennis Davis. What to do now ? Will the FBI check it out ? Do you think BL will stay near that area ?

Hey, was it you that mentioned knowing something about this sighting last night? I couldn’t fully catch up so I don’t know what if anything was said after that. Apologies if you haven’t a clue what I’m on about!

I went back to read this:

SALT LAKE CITY — FOX 13 News has confirmed the hotel where missing woman, 22-year-old Gabby Petito, was last seen in public on August 24 as a Fairfield Inn and Suites near the Salt Lake City International Airport.

We went there Wednesday night. Staff wouldn't speak to us on camera, but they did say the FBI and police officers had visited the hotel recently.

They also told us that Gabby stayed there for more than a day.

More:

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...here-missing-woman-gabby-petito-was-last-seen

The RE-post on Aug 19th with an older pic seems out of character for her, as does the caption.

Let's say Brian was in Florida- does he have access to her instagram? However, if Brian never went to Florida, but stayed holed up in the hotel with Gabby, it's much easier for him to access her phone & instagram.

Pizza order as Clue? I wonder if Joseph Petito ordered an x-large or large Dominos pizza (i.e. for 2+ people)? Or just a medium (I can't see Gabby eating an XL pizza by herself). Does her dad know what toppings she usually gets? Were the pizza toppings different or maybe split 1/2- 1/2? Could be a hint if Gabby was alone for that week or had company (Brian or otherwise).

Wish we knew something concrete re: Brian Leaving Salt Lake City for that week...

IMO, she was probably more focused on getting a video posted than randomly posting on social media. Who knows? I'm sure her parents have a better idea of what happened during the time at the hotel and the days leading up to it.

Possible. But more likely they followed strict instructions from attorney and could beat such raps. That GP’s family is likely to file civil suit is going to be a huge issue because the rules are more flexible in civil court.
Following instructions from your attorney only goes so far. If you lied to your attorney, or applied a blanket piece of advice to a different/criminal act, you're not going to be able to use the general advice as a shield.

But why wouldn't Gabby just go home to her parents or a friend? Why not even go back with him? A motel? Was there some reason she had to stay there, maybe to hid until bruises healed? Jmo

What was that quote from her Dad about ordering Dominos to her hotel room and working with her on her website not long before she disappeared?

I wonder if she did take a break at a motel for a while while she decided what was next, then moved on to spread creek. It’s my opinion that she probably didn’t see him as a threat to her safety, just realized that their relationship was disfunctional and not serving her after she is charged with DV. MOO

Edit: oh good, others brought up the pizza order before I even finished typing this. So I guess it’s confirmed he came back seemingly invited, to the hotel and not to spread creek, at least initially.

Last edited:
Hey, was it you that mentioned knowing something about this sighting last night? I couldn’t fully catch up so I don’t know what if anything was said after that. Apologies if you haven’t a clue what I’m on about!

My knowledge is based on gut feeling and intuition.

I can not for the life of me understand an entire family covering for someone who did something this heinous.

I am so baffled by this that I keep going back to, why?

Any chance anyone has considered that Brian being the martyr he is put the entire blame on Gabby? So, the parents help him out, legitimately not knowing she was murdered or missing at the time. Blood being thicker than water, they supported their son.

I am not trying to give them an out but I am trying to understand how/why we are here and they are just...gardening. Is there a chance they really did not know anything at first and have been cooperative since they started putting the pieces together?

There is no need to vehemently disagree with me/attack me for suggesting this. I am just presenting an option to be considered because I have been of the 'family is guilty' mindset, like most, but I have this nagging little part of me that says...did he possibly play his own family too?

Right there with you.

I'm trying to imagine what it's like to come to grips with the fact that your young adult son must have murdered his girlfriend....a young woman who lived in your home for two years.

I don't blame his parents for his choices as an adult, but for me, as a parent, I would have some serious re-evaluation to do. I can't help but wonder where I went wrong if my son isn't polite, so no way could I remain silent after his girlfriend is murdered, without offering heartfelt condolences to her grieving family; without any expression of deep, sincere regret that this happened to their daughter, their family. I just don't know how you can get to the place his family is....remaining silent. It's mind-boggling to me...and the idea that they might assist him to evade responsibility (if that's what's happening) is completely unthinkable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l