Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GP and BL previously went on a long camping trip. That time they used Gabby's car and a tent. Presumably they didn't have major issues that time which would discourage them from attempting the van life trip.

So what was different this time? Does anyone know exactly how long the previous trip was?

I do find the idea that perhaps BL needed to live with his family in a structured environment intriguing.

"I gave her plenty of time."

In Brian's eyes was time to go get the water and go for a hike. His turn. She'd already spent 6 hours on "her little blog". Perhaps he ran out of patience because they weren't sticking to his schedule. Perhaps this is something that would often set him off?
The trip to California didn't invole the pressures of a blog, from what I understand anyway. If I recall, Gabby mentioned anxiety related to her work when she was talking to the cops that day. She also said she just wanted to go get water, I didn't hear her mention that the water trip was an interference. I just think that van life is not as glamorous as people may think.

Who knows? I think something triggered the escalation in his behaviour though. On the back of their police experience she probably had a lot to think about when he was away and if she was sharing those thoughts with other people or maybe even making plans to leave him, he might well have seen it all.
Do we know if Gabby hung out with anyone while he was gone?

Please don't take this wrong, but I have seen enough misunderstandings of what people think they heard that I don't trust much that doesn't have a link to allow me to see it for myself. I am new to this forum but it didn't take long for me to figure out why that requirement is so heavily enforced here. Like eyewitness counts, 6 people can watch the same video and all 6 come away with differing opinions.
I understand. I'll look for it tomorrow, but in the meantime, I'll delete my post. No worries.

Interesting question you posed. She had a hotel and probably regular Wi-Fi. Brian wasn’t there to complain she was spending too much time…But I don’t think she did post a lot. I wonder what she was doing while BL was gone.

I've been interested in that too. Seems like it would have been the ideal opportunity to take the bits and pieces of what she had so ably documented during their trip and produce another episode of Nomadic Statik.

But, her dream life was crushed and she might have found it hard to keep going. I know I would have. I've been in that situation. It's part of growing up to learn to push through, regardless, but Gabby was so young, I didn't have that skill at 22, at all.

Plus, she was worried for real about Brian and the relationship. She probably thought it was over for most of that hotel stay - if not all. Perhaps he surprised her by coming back.

We don't know.

He doesn’t seem to even have childhood playmates. It seems odd. MY children are still friends from pre school. Even wearing BATMAN T shirt in yearbook photo. Was he not very mature? Comic book type? JMOO
Introverts don't always have a large circle of friends, nor do they keep in touch with old friends the same way extroverts do. BL may be extreme, but many of us are not super-sociable. That's not a crime or a flaw in itself, since people are born that way. Most introverts have romantic and family relationships and do just fine. It's the other flaws of impatience, anger, and bullying that are the root of BL's problems with Gabby. JMOO

I've been interested in that too. Seems like it would have been the ideal opportunity to take the bits and pieces of what she had so ably documented during their trip and produce another episode of Nomadic Statik.

But, her dream life was crushed and she might have found it hard to keep going. I know I would have. I've been in that situation. It's part of growing up to learn to push through, regardless, but Gabby was so young, I didn't have that skill at 22, at all.

Plus, she was worried for real about Brian and the relationship. She probably thought it was over for most of that hotel stay - if not all. Perhaps he surprised her by coming back.

We don't know.
Maybe she took the time to make some friends at the hotel? The staff ? Jmo

Brian Laundrie's family home surrounded by protesters shouting 'justice for Gabby' after cops get DNA samples to test - My Style News
Protest held outside Brian Laundrie's home
Protesters at Brian Laundrie’s home are taking Gabby Petito’s death ‘personally’ & urge parents to reveal what they know - New York Times Post

Demonstrators gathered outside the property in North Fork, Florida, with posters and using a megaphone to shout their demands.
NINTCHDBPICT000682898804.jpg
NINTCHDBPICT000682898806.jpg

Local families are asking Laundry to speak up.
4L7NNFGESMYXI6IOKZNLY4UJ24.com

PROTESTERS are putting the spotlight on Brian Laundrie’s parents as they take up camp outside their home and urge them to come forward with any details of Laundrie’s whereabouts.
NINTCHDBPICT000683369586.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-3_22-8-1.png
    upload_2021-10-3_22-8-1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
I understand. I'll look for it tomorrow, but in the meantime, I'll delete my post. No worries.

You don't need to delete it. I just accept it thats what you heard and will wait till I see a video to decide for my self

Or maybe the duck foot gait is already Brian in disguise.

I'm thinking Keyser Söze and 'The Usual Suspects.'

Hahahahahaha. Love it.

But I don’t give him that much credit.

I can’t stand the sight of BL so I’ve never watched him in any video nor looked at his photo with more than a brief glance. The duck feet thing has me almost curious enough to take a peek though. It sounds like a birth defect.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Who knows? I think something triggered the escalation in his behaviour though. On the back of their police experience she probably had a lot to think about when he was away and if she was sharing those thoughts with other people or maybe even making plans to leave him, he might well have seen it all.

My experience tells me that a contact with LE is a huge stressor. Even policemen say they are nervous around police and would like to avoid any detention by police.

And that's just worrying about traffic stops - people get anxious.

This was not a traffic stop. This was a criminal charge. They both knew that. It's awful to suddenly find yourself in that situation, when you thought it was just a kind of regular "couple's spat." If they had been on the streets of SF, not only would no one have called LE, but no one would have answered, and LE would not have come. They'd have directed you to their online report system.

I know this from personal experience. I was pretty amazed that so many LE showed up to this call in Moab...but it's Moab. They have their own community policing (clearly) and to my eyes, they're not at all inept. LE most other places I know about/have lived is much thinner.

Do we know if Gabby hung out with anyone while he was gone?

I don't recall anyone coming forward about those dates. Very odd indeed.

MOO from viewing the bodycam footage available of Gabby's anxiety, the upset, crying etc I can't imagine that GP would have coped well on her own without BL, even in a hotel, just for a couple of days.

I wonder if she did meet with anyone and why we've not heard about it?
Moo

And the cost of the flights and hotel would probably have paid for a year of storage anyway.

The Laundries garage is chock full. We saw that when LE was at house. Full viewthat they couldn’t fit a vehicle in garage because it was fully packed with stuff.

Around here, a large storage locker would be about $90/month and over $300 /month if Temperature controlled. I’d think Fl would be even more because things tend to be cheap in my area. Also, some places will not give you anything other than a year’s lease. It’s possible that BL’s lease was up on that storage unit and he and GP did not want to commit for another year when they could get free storage in parents’ garage. If they had planned all of this well ahead of time, plane tickets could have been cheap as well as hotel room abs Fairfield. My son got rooms and plane ticket early this year for this summer and they were very inexpensive. Anyone getting at last minute paid a lot

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Could parents face obstruction, accessory charges?

As the manhunt for Florida fugitive Brian Laundrie enters its third week, questions are mounting about how he’s been able to elude authorities this long and whether his parents may have helped give him a head start.

Parents Chris and Roberta Laundrie have not been accused of any wrongdoing, but critics have taken to scrutinizing their actions in the weeks following the disappearance of their former future daughter-in-law, Gabby Petito, who was found dead in Wyoming at a campsite she shared with their son. They said nothing about the fact that she was missing and went on a Labor Day camping trip.

"If they provided false information to law enforcement that let Brian Laundrie take off and get a week head start, or if the parents sent law enforcement on a wild goose chase, searching the preserve when he wasn't there, there's certainly a basis to charge them," said Neama Rahmani, a former legal prodigy and federal prosecutor.

Rahmani also said the Laundrie family’s behavior up to this point has been suspicious.

"Since he lawyered up right away, I doubt they made any statements," said Pat Diaz, a former Miami-Dade homicide detective with decades of experience. "So it's going to be hard-pressed to prove [wrongdoing] unless they get actual evidence on the parents, which I don't think they're going to have."

Lara Yeretsian, another high-powered West Coast defense attorney, said potential charges against the parents hinge on what, if anything, they told the FBI when investigators entered their home last month, and whether they misled or misdirected authorities.

"We don't have enough information," she said. "All of this is conjecture, honestly."

But if any charges are filed against the parents, she said, they might relate to obstructing justice or accessory after the fact.

Hahahahahaha. Love it.

But I don’t give him that much credit.

I can’t stand the sight of BL so I’ve never watched him in any video nor looked at his photo with more than a brief glance. The duck feet thing has me almost curious enough to take a peek though. It sounds like a birth defect.

And I don’t want to get into making fun of his appearance but I suspect he has more than one defect. His head and face shape remind me of photos I’ve seen of people with fetal alcohol syndrome. Maybe his mom is or was a big drinker.
Same. He makes my skin crawl. Jmo

Hmmm yeah I see nothing medical. Just someone walking with his feet facing outwards.

ETA: Seriously, though is this really the direction we're going in...

I usually would agree with your statement, but since the case is now in the manhunt stage, a recognizable aspect of BL is a useful subject. Similar to commenting on his tattoos or facial characteristics. He is a pretty ordinary looking guy, but that gate isn't ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay