Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if that was indeed Brian Laundrie in the pickup truck, in some sort of a fugue state, maybe they should start monitoring the location in CA that he and Gabby had planned to head to. Perhaps in a psychologically stressed mind someone could hear voices, block out what he may have done to her, and think she’s calling him to meet her there as planned? I know. This isn’t a movie or book plot, but…

Or is Occam’s Razor at play here (the simplest answer is usually the answer)? Meaning, perhaps he did commit suicide near the FL home but not in the reserve. Maybe south of there (weren’t all searches north of the highway and parking area?) where no one has searched?

Actu

Actus reus is not "intent". It means, essentially, that you did committed the action.

Mens rea (mode of culpability) is about state of mind/intention depends on the statutory language. There are usually 4-5 levels of mens rea.

Mens rea - Wikipedia

JMO Simply stated, without wikepedia references, actus reus means intent to act - I intended to swing the bat. Mens rea - I intended to swing the bat and hit you or hurt you (OR not). MOO

WS screens out profanity, so I used dumdum instead. He left her lifeless body in the grass to be picked apart by scavenging animals, took her van, used her atm card after she was dead, showed sociopathic indifference to the desperation, terror, and panic of her family, involved his own parents in his crimes, and is hiding from all of it even though his parents are paying for an attorney who could shield him however much from aggressive LE. Dumdum seemed easier.

Thanks for responding, I wasn't sure what you meant :)

I do like cats. But my dad was a mechanic. I grew up helping out in the garage. Noticing vehicles is second nature--a skill that has not been much use in this case.

ETA: if there's truth to the report BL is in North Carolina with a white Ford F150, that's a vehicle that's really going to blend in anywhere he goes. Innocuous guy in an innocuous vehicle.
What's interesting is how he would have acquired the truck. If he paid cash, someone's going to remember.

The thing about this is Brian's need to mention his fiancé or girlfriend. I'd say it's unlikely he wouldn't have mentioned her to the person who sold him the truck.

Wyoming’s definition of second degree murder:

It requires a person to kill another human being “purposely and maliciously, but without premeditation.”

Yet, Wyoming case law has established that “purposelydoes not require the actor to have “an intent to kill”; instead, “purposelyjust requires that the actor consciously or intentionally taken the action that caused the killing, such as purposely rather than accidentally pulling the trigger of a gun or throwing a punch. The Wyoming Supreme Court put it this way: “purposelyrequires only that the State prove the defendant “acted purposely, not that he killed purposely.

According to the current pattern jury instructions, “maliciously” for purposes of second-degree murder means “the act constituting the offense was done without premeditation, was reasonably likely to result in death, was done recklessly under circumstances manifesting an extreme indifference to the value of human life and was done without legal justification or excuse.

Murder in Wyoming

https://scholarship.law.uwyo.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1144&context=wlr

I'm no longer fond of doing my own research online, but it might be Wyoming laws on murder, but this is a Federal case out of Wyoming and I don't know if Federal Law's differ than State Laws. It may vary. jmo

We need to be reminded that the hour long 2 videos we saw of them is essentially only 1 hour of their life. Her own mother said it was just a normal argument. Fighting was normal in their relationship they were on and off for 7 years. Just putting it out there as a reminder.

Do you have the reference of GP'S mother saying this?

Either way, it seems - as made clear in discussions here and elsewhere - that many people do not recognize/have experience with an abusive dynamic.

I have had dysfunctional and abusive relationships. My own mother, a wonderful person, always tended to make observations along the lines of that *I* was just too emotional, rather than perceiving a) that the other person was treating me poorly/abusively, and b) that there was something in/about me that prompted me to lower myself and accept that behavior. Moms (and I am one myself) don't always see things perfectly clearly, either.

I think so because it flew from Waynesville to Asheville, NC where the hospital is. It is over Asheville now.

Actually, it is not yet at Asheville. And it came from Cherokee, NC and is sort of between Asheville and Hendersonville. Let's see where it goes.

Landed or landing at Asheville- so yes medical transport.

It's really concerning that so many have used the word "normal" to describe that fight. I realize "normal" ≠ "healthy" but it still sends a bad message.

Poorly chosen words, I think - what she undoubtedly meant by "normal", was closer to "average" or "unexceptional".

What's interesting is how he would have acquired the truck. If he paid cash, someone's going to remember.

The thing about this is Brian's need to mention his fiancé or girlfriend. I'd say it's unlikely he wouldn't have mentioned her to the person who sold him the truck.

I continue to think that in rural areas on the edges/outskirts of the AT, lots of people might have "second" or "hauler" vehicles parked in their backyards, etc.; that some of these are undoubtedly likely to be old "beater"-style pickups; and that some of those probably have spare keys hidden within them.

I'm no longer fond of doing my own research online, but it might be Wyoming laws on murder, but this is a Federal case out of Wyoming and I don't know if Federal Law's differ than State Laws. It may vary. jmo
There's no murder case yet, so it remains to be seen if it will be State or Federal. Yes, laws are different. Laws are also different for every State. Imo

I started thinking maybe his sister's husbands family could have helped in that regard. Why would LE go that far out of the circle of family, they aren't the inner circle, but it's just my opinion best on a feeling I got about a truck being used. It would certainly not be impossible considering BL doesn't have a large circle of friends and (family?).

Not that this is important, but a ford f150 is a fullsize truck. The f250 and f350 are basically the same physical size. They just have more heavy duty components to haul and tow higher weights.

All three come in various lengths and heights.

I believe the 250 and 350 can come with double wheels (deulies) in the back.

The Ranger was taken off the US market for a while but is back. It is smaller than the 150.

If he's indeed on the run and trying to evade detection, it seems strange to me he'd mention anything about a fight with his girlfriend at all, as this recent witness has recounted the person he's so sure was Laundrie did. All while he's the sole person of interest in a homicide case involving his own fiancee? One would think he would avoid making any comments to anyone that might make him more recognizable.

Poorly chosen words, I think - what she undoubtedly meant by "normal", was closer to "average" or "unexceptional".

I continue to think that in rural areas on the edges/outskirts of the AT, lots of people might have "second" or "hauler" vehicles parked in their backyards, etc.; that some of these are undoubtedly likely to be old "beater"-style pickups; and that some of those probably have spare keys hidden within them.
I'm not sure if that's better.

Also the keys don't need to be hidden. The problem I have with that is there's good reason for people to feel safe enough to do that.

When I first viewed Gabby’s published videos, I was quite impressed…

With the content, her creativity, her presentation and the appealing aura.

My previous opinion of “van life" was: “Why on God’s green earth would anyone want to live like that?”

Gabby, however, made “van life” appear (to me) almost surreal and… quite appealing.

From what little I know of Gabby, she appears (to me) as lively, wholesome, enthusiastic, and embracing of all things good and happy.

Contrary to the term OCD, what Gabby used to describe herself during the Moab stop (and I firmly believe BL convinced her of this)...
I see a perfectionist, which, imo, is not OCD but different in that she appears (to me) to be meticulous, organized, thorough and like some folks imo, has personal boundaries accompanied by some pet peeves regarding personal space and/or immediate surroundings.

With that in mind…

I’m guessing/hoping Gabby most likely had an abundance of videos & footage of her & BL’s travels & interactions, perhaps in a designated folder for To-Be-Edited purposes…

And I’m also guessing/hoping Gabby probably had videos & footage(s) of BL acting other than publish-worthy… perhaps footage that she may have considered editing out and then using the edited parts at a later date for another publish-worthyvan life” video.

Does LE physically has Gabby’s computer? IDK

Did Gabby think to make back-ups?
As meticulous & thorough as she appeared to be, I would like to think she did.

I’m aware that in some homicide cases, victims have been known to speak from the grave in various ways that end up helping LE to solve their case.

I’m hoping this is one of those cases.

Somebody mentioned that earlier. I've lived in NC for 16 years and I've never heard of it. It's possible it could be a remote post office locale.
Edited for incorrect information. Only California, NC I found is near Virginia and not close to Tennessee.
https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrCxGGKDVphoCkA5QwPxQt.;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzIEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1633320458/RO=10/RU=https://northcarolina.hometownlocator.com/nc/hertford/california.cfm/RK=2/RS=ZeKQpekvTA4XqDiCdWKhWOMNgHs-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734