Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on this thread mentioned a scenario wherein BL could be shot by a vigilante or vigilantes. I just saw this tweet from a verified account so I'm hoping it is allowed. The person is a Tennessee state representative.

His words:

"This Laundrie dude has been spotted in Cocke county. Someone should have told him that this is the wrong place in TN to hide. My people will shoot thugs like this dead."

https://twitter.com/JeremyFaison4TN/status/1444755325815513092

MOO, hopefully NO ONE listens to that fool. Brian Laundrie should be found and brought in alive. What a completely irresponsible thing to say. Seriously. Smh MOO

Do we really need to spend so much time parsing this out, though?

(As our mods might say, "This post lands at random", and isn't meant to signal you out above and beyond any and everyone else discussing it; I just chose to stick my flag in the mountainside by this comment.)

IMO, the point and goal is to figure out "where Brian might have gone".

Again IMO, "if this man is/was in fact Brian", then it seems extremely unlikely that he would ever mean "California, North Carolina", no matter how askew his worldview was at this point (again, IMO); simply because "California, North Carolina" was never a Brian + Gabby destination.

Thus, if it's an innocent random person, IMO it's possible said random person could mean "California, NC".

If it's in fact shown to be Brian, I consider it next to impossible that he would be gunning for "California NC"; nor, in turn, that he would be perceiving it as having something to do with Gabby.

Again, not trying to dictate the course of the conversation; just pointing out these potential time-wasting tangents early in the game before they derail entire multiple threads.

I mean, someone a few threads ago even wanted me to consider the statistics about the overall likely theft of Ford F-150s; which literally has zero to do with inside baseball, because we're not trying to measure "how often any F-150 driving down the road gets stolen in general"; because our topic is, did BRIAN steal a vehicle, and in particular the single vehicle being referenced by our tipster, KWIM? ;)
The only way I could see California, NC as being relevant would be if he’s planning a boat getaway down the Chowan River and out the Albemarle Sound to sea. And that would be huge speculation and very unlikely IMO. But, based on the rest of the convo he seems as if he is *trying* to sound nonsensical on purpose.

Some have stated they think bl is being hidden in the parents home.
Highly doubt it. Pretty sure fbi is running heat sensory to see how many people are in there. Heck probably hear all conversations.

I can’t link a Twitter post here that is showing the Laundries in their backyard gardening earlier today. Is it legal for a drone to capture and post that?

I have a feeling the protesters will hound BLs parents wherever they may go. I'm not sure what they think they are accomplishing but at this point I believe they've overplayed their hand and overstayed their welcome. Moo
I hope that makes it easier to find him. On the other hand, if I had not been able to sleuth out where my family member was, he most likely would have ended up homeless in Atlanta and his family might have never seen him again. Not a fugitive, but purposely missing due to mental crisis. It's a big world when their behavior is nonsensical and unpredictable. Brian could be anywhere. We can't discount anything because it doesn't seem logical. Imo
LE started this search for BL because his parents reported him missing and endangered. This was before his arrest warrant. So, yes , it is very possible, likely, in fact, that he is mental crisis.

True, but we must remember he is not sane and is likely losing what is left of his mind day by day ... Let's keep hoping.
I hope that makes it easier to find him. On the other hand, if I had not been able to sleuth out where my family member was, he most likely would have ended up homeless in Atlanta and his family might have never seen him again. Not a fugitive, but purposely missing due to mental crisis. It's a big world when their behavior is nonsensical and unpredictable. Brian could be anywhere. We can't discount anything because it doesn't seem logical. Imo
But if BL really thinks Gabby is alive in his mind, why would he be on the run and hiding?
He's headed to California to meet her, remember? If he's having a breakdown, there won't be rational thought. I don't think people understand it until they see it up close and personal.

I can’t link a Twitter post here that is showing the Laundries in their backyard gardening earlier today. Is it legal for a drone to capture and post that?
I don’t think so. The airspace above their home isn’t private.

EDIT: I stand corrected drone laws are different in Florida than my home state. It seems it would be illegal if the image cannot be captured from a public space and could be considered stalking, harassment etc.
Florida Drone Laws | Jack Bernstein, Injury Attorneys

Last edited:
No, but a AT hiker might now where one gets on the Trans America Trail (backroads across country). I think Wikipedia or another site I looked at said the start point (but several have been added over the years) is in eastern Tennessee.

So, I looked up the Trans America Trail. It appears to be someone's itinerary of existing roads. I didn't look at the details but likely through many small towns. Reminds me of a throw-back adventure like before interstates but still not a direct route.

Since know one knows he is traveling via automobile, traveling at night via interstate is the way he would go.

But, I doubt this was BL or that BL is near the AT.

I don't believe that we have heard the real story about this flight back to Florida to clear out a storage unit and then a flight back to Utah. The cost of the flight alone would have probably paid for a few months of the rent for a storage unit. JMO

Could this be another example of "control"? Control her possessions? If so, why? Qui bono?

I don't see anywhere where Gabbie's family has received any of her belongings from the Laundries.

I cannot see it on the map, or on the link or on google. But if that is true, then he may very well be wanting to go there. Then that explains why he told Dennis that he will stay on that road. He may be trying to go to an intentional community. Is that what California, NC is? Can you post some link about it? I really want to find it.

The coordinates are 35.8667761, -82.5195781 in case that helps.

Edit: link to a map showing the location of California, Western NC

Follow 23 N from Asheville, it a little community on the right. In NC and VA we have little areas/pockets of houses/families, maybe settled years ago and were named by locals. They are listed on maps. They aren't large enough to be a official towns or cities, named to identify a small area, usually away from a town.

Not sure I explained this very well.

Yes, the City California is over towards the coast. It is possible that is the area he's trying to reach, if so he's way off track. He may have a hidden house in the rural California community, from Google it appears remote, lots of heavy tree cover, or the coast or CA the state. But it is odd their being a community by that name.

The link I posted has satellite and terrain features you can click on under the map.

Who knows where BL is????

Moo...

Are you talking about Celo in Yadkin County ? I am so confused right now, but I really really want to figure this out.

Picture this: young random guy who looks lije 67% of other guys of his demographic from NC/TN/VA torn up by his now-ex-girlfriend's telling him to gtf away ftom her for the last time. Guy proceeds to do what many distraught people do (especially, statistically speaking, no offense) young men - gets drunk and decides, despite tags being out of date or a prior DUI, I'm going to go find her in the middle of the night. I'm sure her parents are in Podunk (California, NC) [alternate: gf is from actual California; he's REALLY drunk]. Never been there, but how hard can it be, I can figure it out. Then - dang it, I'm in the middle of nowhere and no idea which way to go. Hell's bells, now phone's dead and I'm lost. Gas stations are closed /none nearby/don't want cops called on my drunk arse. Oh, look, there's a dude in a truck, I'll bet he can help me.
I 100% believe this guy believes he saw BL. I also 100% believe there's some idiot out there that could pass for BL who would find it hilarious to troll a bunch of people on the internet by posing as him. Like everything else in this case, there's just no telling.

I cannot see it on the map, or on the link or on google. But if that is true, then he may very well be wanting to go there. Then that explains why he told Dennis that he will stay on that road. He may be trying to go to an intentional community. Is that what California, NC is? Can you post some link about it? I really want to find it.
I wish you could see the topography of this little "hole in the wall" community. A couple of roads, tall mountains and lots of land with little road access other than trails. I'm of the mind to think this would be perfect to hide in a house or cabin.

Try Google maps, Ashville and follow N26, try to blow it up on the right side.

I don't have a link for the area, but will try to find information that can be posted.

In reality it's unlikely BL is in the area. The FBI is focusing on the swamp. They must have some type of 100% evidence he is in there.

Moo...

Last edited:
I wish you could see the topography of this little "hole in the wall" community. A couple of roads, tall mountains and lots of land with little road access other than trails. I'm of the mind to this this would be perfect to hide in a house or cabin.

Try Google maps, Ashville and follow N23, the blow it up on the right side.

I don't have a link for the area, but will try to find information that can be posted.

In reality it's unlikely BL is in the area. The FBI is focusing on the swamp. They must have some type of 100% evidence he is in there.

Moo...

Someone gave coordinates, it's near Mars Hill, NC, but what is it?

023ad5a6-cf14-45f3-ad47-732cf6a93d23

Addressing reports of the incident on Wednesday, Gabby's mother, Nichole Schmidt told DailyMail.com: 'It's irrelevant.

'Two people traveling together with each other 24 hours a day, it's not going to be perfect, it was an argument, and that's all I'm going to say about it.'

It's very interesting she would say that. I definitely would not expect her mother to downplay that incident.

Has anyone seen any safety warnings go out to those along the Appalachian Trail or the reserve? I am concerned about the safety of the citizens who may encounter this POI. We already know of one dead individual; we don't want more before he is captured. Anyone see any warning to the public instructing them what to do if they encounter him?

Amateur opinion and speculation only

Do we really need to spend so much time parsing this out, though?

(As our mods might say, "This post lands at random", and isn't meant to signal you out above and beyond any and everyone else discussing it; I just chose to stick my flag in the mountainside by this comment.)

IMO, the point and goal is to figure out "where Brian might have gone".

Again IMO, "if this man is/was in fact Brian", then it seems extremely unlikely that he would ever mean "California, North Carolina", no matter how askew his worldview was at this point (again, IMO); simply because "California, North Carolina" was never a Brian + Gabby destination.

Thus, if it's an innocent random person, IMO it's possible said random person could mean "California, NC".

If it's in fact shown to be Brian, I consider it next to impossible that he would be gunning for "California NC"; nor, in turn, that he would be perceiving it as having something to do with Gabby.

Again, not trying to dictate the course of the conversation; just pointing out these potential time-wasting tangents early in the game before they derail entire multiple threads.

I mean, someone a few threads ago even wanted me to consider the statistics about the overall likely theft of Ford F-150s; which literally has zero to do with inside baseball, because we're not trying to measure "how often any F-150 driving down the road gets stolen in general"; because our topic is, did BRIAN steal a vehicle, and in particular the single vehicle being referenced by our tipster, KWIM? ;)
I'm trying to understand your point about California NC never being a Gabbie/Brian destination so we must ignore it. First, how do you know that? We make the assumption that we know things that we simply don't. They have traveled through the Appalachian Mountains and may have seen the name and thought it quirky enough to do a drive thru. I do things like that all the time.

second, If BL us in the area and getting assistance maybe someone pointed out a remote area on a map and said "Meet me there for resupply". Or he was looking forward to visiting California again at the end of their vanlife trip and now it's all in shambles. He's been on the run by finding out of the way places to pretend he is just a weekend camper, sees the little town of California, NC and and thinks if I can't get to the real one at least I can do that one.

Assuming something is an impossibility just means you haven't applied enough imagination to the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1