Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because at the point of them helping, he wasn’t actually “wanted”. So maybe they told her some BS excuse as to what was going on. Or maybe they told her they would come back for Brian.

This may be defense counsel's angle IMOO. Anything done (any assistance rendered) was done prior to him being indicted, therefore no crime. This is why I believe LE and govt will be meticulous in building a case against any accessories, if they will at all. They are looking for that information that they knew a crime had been committed before the first indictment was issued. MOO

But she said in her original interview that she hadn't talked to him since that day. Doesn't that mean that she talked to him that day? I thought the suspicion was due to the camping trip, not the info we already knew. Still doesn't suggest that he told her he killed his gf.
If one reads the full transcript of the interview, she does not out and out lie but her answers certainly leads one to believe she had not seen or heard from her brother in a long time. I was shocked to learn that BL stopped at her place on the way to his parents home on Sept 1, and that she visited the DeSoto camping site about a week later where he was. When Ii itislly heard about the camp site visit, I thought she might have just dropped in on her parents and possibly did not even see her brother as he seems to like to take walk abouts in the woods and wild so did not necessarily have to have been at the site when she stopped by. Now, I’m not so sure.

Much as The elder Laundries have gotten hate for keeping quiet, at least they have not been outright deceptive. CL should have just kept her mouth shut instead of giving that deceptive interview. MOO

I am still not buying he is on the AT, or anywhere near it. There are so may different long distance hiking trails out there, why would he go on the most famous one in the country? He could hop on the Florida trail in his own state. He could be camping 30 yards off trail and no one would notice him. Granted he would need to be in a spot safe from gators and snakes.

FT_Map_mobile.png

My question to Cassie would have been why did you go to the campground? What did you talk about? If it was a recreational outing why didn't your family go?
Anders to those questions could be quite innocent. Do we even know for sure her kids did not come along? I initially thought she just drive by to spend the day with her family as camping is a big activity for them and that she may have had no idea of BL’s situation and perhaps did not see him at all as he is prone to take long hikes. But now I’m not so sure. I think she was deceptive in her interview.

I had posted that they won't release cause of death until Brian is caught. That info came from an interview with a forensic pathologist.

"But Priya Banerjee, a forensic pathologist, told Fox News on Wednesday that officials might not release the cause of death because it could hurt the investigation."
Expert reveals why investigation into Gabby Petito’s death might get tricky

And this:
"Banerjee even said once the full autopsy is complete, it may not be released. If it is, it could be redacted. She said she has kept specific information from the public depending on the investigation.

“With the media interest, you have to always think. What will and will not be released," she said. “As to what exactly, how she died. I think that is going to be kept very close to the vest because of how much has to be put together for legal purposes."

https://www.fox4now.com/news/local-...s-of-gabby-petito-could-take-a-couple-of-days

My question to Cassie would have been why did you go to the campground? What did you talk about? If it was a recreational outing why didn't your family go?

At this point, when Brian had returned without Gabby, it wouldn't have been a strictly "recreational" outing, but rather, a supportive outing. I can see a scenario where even if Cassie believed Gabby to be perfectly alive and well, and didn't suspect Brian of harming her, she would have been expecting him to be a bit of a mess and maybe not someone the children would enjoy being around.

"NewsNation reporter Brian Entin was able to exclusively confirm Cassie was at the Fort De Soto campground at the same time the rest of the family in early September."
That article also says he couldn't confirm when asked directly whether she saw him...

When Bertolino was asked whether Cassie Laundrie was at the campground at the same time as her brother, he responded, “idk” meaning “I don’t know.”

And even then, it doesn't say they talked at all, much less talked about Gabby. She said she hasn't "been able" to talk to him, which would suggest that someone is preventing it.

I am thinking the story could have been, we broke up and she hates driving the van so I drove it here and she flew back to her parents. Then when everything started happening with GP being reported missing they knew/assumed/thought he’s done something bad, we need a solicitor, we need to protect our son etc. All JMO. I can’t see them knowing right away, he could have explained any injuries on him away by telling them what happened at the police stop and saying she attacked me again. It’s a very strange case and honestly it wouldn’t shock me if they knew, just trying to see it from all aspects. Also if his plan from gabby death was to commit suicide then he might want to go back home to say his goodbyes.
I appreciate your replies and your ideas about the actual timeline make sense.

Could be covered by a mask. I say also pay attn to pointy eaars. MOO
And keep in mind his height of 5'8" in addition the his pointy ears, big rounded nose, droopy eyes, slightly crooked teeth, very odd duck-footed gait, and finger tattoos. Look for the totality of traits.

Last edited:
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Could parents face obstruction, accessory charges?

As the manhunt for Florida fugitive Brian Laundrie enters its third week, questions are mounting about how he’s been able to elude authorities for this long and whether his parents may have helped give him a head start.

Chris and Roberta Laundrie have not been accused of any wrongdoing, but critics have taken to scrutinizing their actions in the weeks following the disappearance of their former future daughter-in-law, Gabby Petito, who was found dead in Wyoming at a campsite she shared with their son. They said nothing about the fact that she was missing and went on a Labor Day camping trip.

"If they provided false information to law enforcement that let Brian laundry take off and get a week head start, or if the parents sent law enforcement on a wild goose chase, searching the preserve when he wasn't there, there's certainly a basis to charge them," said Neama Rahmani, a former legal prodigy and federal prosecutor.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Could parents face obstruction, accessory charges?
BL's parents (and sister) could win "most despised family in U.S." award right now, I speculate. That said, I consider them at risk, and hope they depart for a safe location. (That LE knows about, of course). The mob in front of their home is a bad sign. We don't need more tragedy in an already tragic situation.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I don't believe that we have heard the real story about this flight back to Florida to clear out a storage unit and then a flight back to Utah. The cost of the flight alone would have probably paid for a few months of the rent for a storage unit. JMO

I keep wondering about this trip. So many questions with no answers. Where are Gabby’s belongings now? Did any neighbors see Brian there? Or moving her stuff? Why did they not ask her dad in Florida to clear it out? What was the cost of the flight, Gabby’s hotel room, van parking, food? I just fail to understand this trip when money seemed to be an issue. MOO

That article also says he couldn't confirm when asked directly whether she saw him...

When Bertolino was asked whether Cassie Laundrie was at the campground at the same time as her brother, he responded, “idk” meaning “I don’t know.”

And even then, it doesn't say they talked at all, much less talked about Gabby. She said she hasn't "been able" to talk to him, which would suggest that someone is preventing it.
It seems possible that although she went there to see him, he went off somewhere and she never got to see him. I don't believe she spent the night.

Anders to those questions could be quite innocent. Do we even know for sure her kids did not come along? I initially thought she just drive by to spend the day with her family as camping is a big activity for them and that she may have had no idea of BL’s situation and perhaps did not see him at all as he is prone to take long hikes. But now I’m not so sure. I think she was deceptive in her interview.
At most, we're looking at CL's conflicting statement vs SB's conflicting statements, so I'm still in the give-her-the-benefit-of-the-doubt camp.

I think I know why, though. And it's what I just spent all day ruminating on.

IMO, this was a relationship with "ordinary" moments of skirmish. Although we all know it's never okay to slam doors or punch our partner on the arm or smoosh someone's face, it is also true that a huge percentage of people have experienced this. We can all say "leave" or that such behavior "predicts" what's about to happen, but in real life, only a tiny percentage of intimate partners escalate from that kind of behavior to...murder. Some people actually manage to grow up and stop doing it.

I think Gabby's mom knows that there are other, more important factors in trying to understand what happened.
There appears to be a normalization/minimization coming from both sides of the family. CL displayed this clearly in her ABC interview when she said <paraphrased> that it was normal to fight and separate and come back together and that this is what "normal" couples do. She said that in reference to the Moab video. GP's mother minimized that video as well. It is seemingly normal to them for relationships to work that way. Rose, on the other hand, recognized that the up/down, on/off pattern in the relationship, and the controlling and/or jealous behavior of BL was toxic.

It is NOT normal for one person to grab the other's face in the way Gabby described. It is NOT normal for a couple to be hitting each other in the street. But to CL and GP's mother, the video showed nothing more than a normal spat between a young couple. It's sad, to me, that so many people think those are things all normal couples do. If that is the message Gabby was getting from the people around her, she probably normalized it as well, and stayed in that relationship much longer than she should have.

Now, does this level of "normal" relationship dysfunction typically lead to murder? Of course not. A lot of times it stays at this low level of emotional abuse and occasional physical assaults of pushing and slapping. And quite often, it escalates and becomes worse and worse over time and this kind of thing should never be minimized or normalized by anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay